Home

Redlining cardio

This is a discussion on Redlining cardio within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Redlining cardio

Disclaimer:
Before I continue with my suggested idea I want you guys to dramatize these scenarios not in UFC 3 but a UFC 4 with more balanced gameplay in terms of cardio and defensive capabilities. This suggestion is not for UFC 3, as with the current game, this would make pressure even more ridiculous. Now, *ahem*

Overview:
I've always had a problem with the balance of short and long term stamina, not that I'm bad at managing my stamina (I'm ALWAYS cardio conscious) but I've always felt that we have been getting our hands held, and the dynamicism of our fights have had restrictions. I want to be given the option to redline my fighters body, that means not to be gassed after a 5 strike combination and then waiting for my stamina to return. I essentially want to recreate Alvarez vs RDA and everything in between. In video game form, if RDA survived that onslaught, eddy would be damn near absolute zero stamina, huffing and puffing in the fatigued state in round 1.

Gaming Mechanic
When thinking of how to place this mechanically, I thought back to Robin blacks breakdown of bisping vs hendo. He compared nick diaz and Tyrone Woodleys methods of energy expenditure, marathon vs sprint.
Let's take our classic stamina bar. Let's look at the the bottom 30%, let's stick a line right there. This is our redline bar. The bottom of the bar is red, the top of the bar is orange, and the rest of the 70% is whatever ****ing color you want. The situation currently is, the lower the stamina, the higher the consumption rate, that stays in tact here. Now instead of gassing us out and making us useless at 15% like in ufc 3, we keep our power and speed in expense for a heavy tax on long term stamina. Once the bar hits enters the redline, short term stamina decreases at a slow pace, while eating away at our long term. Once we hit 0 we do gas however. So its a risk vs reward. Currently I am not allowed to hit a 16 strike combination ala Michael Bisping vs Cung Le, but with this system I can. A redline stat can determine how fast long term stamina gets eaten, and how slow our short term decreases once in redline

Purpose:
Cardio and balancing overt aggression is now a bigger tool. I can now play the Machida game, sit back with minimal strikes, and expend energy when I see an opening in your defenses, unleashing hell on a rashad Evan's once hes hurt. If your opponent matches aggression with aggression and you have diego sanchez for example, GOOD. Diego is now useful! Force your opponent to redline, keep his stamina low as he ducks lunges and fires back. this of course will only be viable if diego has a natural cardio stat advantage (which he should over almost anyone). We can use these low skill fighters like guida and win using just our pace. We can also have 1 round nonstop wars for endless entertainment
Slugfest https://imgur.com/gallery/hPzLjOQ

How do you guys want to see the stamina system reworked? I do hope we keep the stamina pool concept, its realistic but not well implemented

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Redlining cardio

Conversely, I'd like to be able to be a Woodley too. Very limited gas tank, continuous wrestling would tire him out, volume is out of the question, but if he lands that bomb...you know what happens (so damage needs to be looked into as well). So in his case the short term stamina should also suffer, to discourage volume, since he's not a volume guy at all. Sitting back and looking for the big shot should be your best bet.

I do like your idea a lot though.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Conversely, I'd like to be able to be a Woodley too. Very limited gas tank, continuous wrestling would tire him out, volume is out of the question, but if he lands that bomb...you know what happens (so damage needs to be looked into as well). So in his case the short term stamina should also suffer, to discourage volume, since he's not a volume guy at all. Sitting back and looking for the big shot should be your best bet.

I do like your idea a lot though.
I think technique strikes could perfectly emulate this. Give Tyron his powerful overhand with a new perk, 'technique strikes can cause flash KOs, at the expense of major stamina long term and short' or even 'ability to Flash ko, but stamina gets shot down to redline'

Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I think technique strikes could perfectly emulate this. Give Tyron his powerful overhand with a new perk, 'technique strikes can cause flash KOs, at the expense of major stamina long term and short' or even 'ability to Flash ko, but stamina gets shot down to redline'

Or, how about a power modifier
Old 12-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Or, how about a power modifier
A power modifier is a must for good striking in the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »