Home

What game modes would you include in UFC 4?

This is a discussion on What game modes would you include in UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2019, 04:05 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What game modes would you include in UFC 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
SIM Mode (#1 Priority on my list)
King of the Hill Mode
Clan vs Clan Mode (or Camp vs Camp)
BO3 Ranked Mode.
SIM Ranked Championships.
Online Tournament Mode.
Online Tournament Ranked Championships.
Extend this man's GC agreement just for his #1.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:27 AM   #50
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

WEC and Pancrase mode in career and exhibition

of course i would like pride mode but not gonna hold my breath

at least those two promotions use cages so how hard could it be to add them?
Old 12-18-2019, 02:11 AM   #51
MVP

Yeah, I watched that MartialMind Event Mode video (UD3) where he does UFC 100. The presentation on that is amazing, and it's from 2012. I suppose it doesn't keep track of results but a Universe Mode in UFC 4 should have that covered. But yeah, thing looks very good in UD3, especially combined with the (sim) gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 03:13 AM   #52
Pro

I've mentioned it before but I have a soft spot for how Fight Night Champion did its single-player modes.

The champion mode (was it called that?) with Andre Bishop was a fun albeit cliche story that also worked as an interactive tutorial. If y'all remember there were different fights with different goals such as avoiding one boxer's godlike left hook or having to go for a finish. I'd rather keep this story fictional though because NBA 2K has shown us what happens when you let the athletes do the voice acting.

Secondly it had a legacy mode (I think?) where you just picked a fighter where you just trained and fought. To me, UFC 3's career mode focused too much on menus and micromanaging aspects that don't really matter (doing photoshoots? Sending Tweets?). I have given this example before, but it is more organic to lose to someone, build your way back and beat them in a rematch than it is for the game to tell you that you are now beefing with Michael Bisping so let's Tweet at him.

I think EA MMA improved upon the concept by letting you skip training exercises and having different promotions although I doubt that will happen in a UFC game unless they were fictional promotions and UFC was the end goal.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I've mentioned it before but I have a soft spot for how Fight Night Champion did its single-player modes.

The champion mode (was it called that?) with Andre Bishop was a fun albeit cliche story that also worked as an interactive tutorial. If y'all remember there were different fights with different goals such as avoiding one boxer's godlike left hook or having to go for a finish. I'd rather keep this story fictional though because NBA 2K has shown us what happens when you let the athletes do the voice acting.

Secondly it had a legacy mode (I think?) where you just picked a fighter where you just trained and fought. To me, UFC 3's career mode focused too much on menus and micromanaging aspects that don't really matter (doing photoshoots? Sending Tweets?). I have given this example before, but it is more organic to lose to someone, build your way back and beat them in a rematch than it is for the game to tell you that you are now beefing with Michael Bisping so let's Tweet at him.

I think EA MMA improved upon the concept by letting you skip training exercises and having different promotions although I doubt that will happen in a UFC game unless they were fictional promotions and UFC was the end goal.
They tried a similar thing with the journey on fifa and it was universally hated. People would prefer to use there own character imo.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
They tried a similar thing with the journey on fifa and it was universally hated. People would prefer to use there own character imo.
The Journey was "universally hated"? Why did they do 3 versions and create a standalone version of Fifa that was just the Journey then?

Those modes are typically loved. NBA 2k and WWE2k are pretty much the same with the only difference being that you can customize how your character looks.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
I don't think it works as well for a sports game and they are far too long for my liking. I would much rather have it be 3-5 hours and leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #56
Just started!

Aight, check me out:

Let's call it Crossing Paths or Connected Wires:

It would be cool if they release in UFC 4 a game mode where you play all the biggest fights that led to a big thing/championship acquisition. Kind of a crossing paths thing or wires that connects these fighters for a fight, for example: Jorge Masvidal KOs Darren Till while Askren gets the win vs Lawler then the fight with Ben Askren happens and the month after that Diaz beats Pettis and calls out Masvidal and here you go with the first story: The BMF Belt Genesis. Same for what happened for Adesanya, Whittaker vs Gastelum was supposed to happen in the same card where he fights Silva, then he fights Gastelum & finally Whittaker for the belt: The Rise of the Last Stylebender.

And all of this with cinematics & footages with a narrator that narrates (lol) the story (Maybe Ron Perlman as the narrator since he does the PPV ones)

And to make it really a thing: Release UFC 4 with this and some old stories (Edgar vs Maynard trilogy, Bisping's quest of UFC Gold, Conor McGregor's rise, Anderson Silva dominance, TUF Winners stories), and by the end of 2020, make an update with the stories that happened in 2020. For example (don't hate me for this cause I know he got a lot of haters this is purely hypothetical and for the sake of the post): Let's say McGregor gets the win against Cowboy then against Masvidal then a title shot vs Khabib where he gets the belt: The Return of the Mac. For those who don't like the idea of McGregor getting the title, I got you, here you go (yall will hate me with this too cause he also got a lot of haters): Colby Covington dominates Lawler, months before that Usman won the title, December 14th, Colby wins the belt and kind of shocks the world, then he fights his ex-best friend: Jorge Masvidal for the belt and dominates him to get a decision win, here you go with another story: Make Welterweight Great Again. And I can also say that about Ferguson if he gets the belt and all what's going to happen in 2020.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »