Home

WHEN WILL WE RECIVE ANY NEWS ABOUT EA UFC 4?

This is a discussion on WHEN WILL WE RECIVE ANY NEWS ABOUT EA UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2019, 03:34 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WHEN WILL WE RECIVE ANY NEWS ABOUT EA UFC 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What data supports this? Tony Hawk had a great 6 yr run (99-05) but Madden and NBA2k's numbers have been consistently better for a longer period of time.
That's because they have been around for far longer. There's not a single Madden game that has topped Tony hawks pro skater 1 and 2 in terms of sales, both where the second best selling game of the year in 99 and 2000. Having said that, i equate true success with rating, Tony Hawk's pro skater was the most successfull/highest rated sport game in history, atleast the first one and the sequel. Are you going to dispute that fact? I don't know if you where around playing those games, but i did. It was literally one of the most addictive and fun experiences i've ever had in a game. And this is coming from a soccer/MMA fan. Now that's how you pull the masses in to sell your game, even those who didn't know a diddly squat about skating picked that game up and respected skating, it changed a whole generation. Maybe the incompetent millenials in EA should learn a little bit about their blueprint.

Last edited by TGOne; 12-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2019, 04:00 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
That's because they have been around for far longer. There's not a single Madden game that has topped Tony hawks pro skater 1 and 2 in terms of sales, both where the second best selling game of the year in 99 and 2000. Having said that, i equate true success with rating, Tony Hawk's pro skater was the most successfull/highest rated sport game in history, atleast the first one and the sequel. Are you going to dispute that fact? I don't know if you where around playing those games, but i did. It was literally one of the most addictive and fun experiences i've ever had. And this is coming from a soccer/MMA fan. Now that's how you pull them masses in, even those who didn't know a diddly squat about skating picked that game up and respected skating, it changed a whole generation. Maybe the incompetent millenials in EA should learn a little bit about their blueprint.
I've been playing video games since 1984....so I was around playing those games and I owned many of them. I'm not here to comment on how much fun or how addictive the game was.

I just wanted to know where you get those numbers from. The only place that regularly has that data is VGchartz (which I'm forced to use because its the only place to find consistent data). Its also impossible to use to compare the sales of recent games to old games because VGchartz doesnt track digital sales and digital sales account for over half the current sales right now.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #43
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Eh, I dont know why people are worried about game being cancelled and things like that lol. Nothing strange is happening here. We just thought they had a predictable release pattern and it turns out they didnt.

It would be weird if the game got pushed back near its releasedate, but we never even got a official reveal yet. There are many reasons they could have decided to release it at a later time.

It only bothers me because I was looking forward to it, but its not a bad thing at all.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:59 AM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
Don't think so. Really? How so? RE3 remake has already been announced and is supposedly being released in April. UFC 4 neither has a date nor has it been announced yet, so how do you exactly come to the conclusion that they follow similar time frame as EA UFC franchise?
UFC 3's reveal trailer was in November 2017 and it was launched in February 2018 (roughly 4 months) and RE 3 was announced in December 2019 and will be released in Aprill 2020 (okay 5 months you got me son).

Quote:
Aside from that it was announced back in 2015, and in 2016 in Capcoms 20th RE anniversary video they talked about the progress of the RE 2 remake aswell
So why wasn't their radio silence for 2 years a red flag?

Quote:
RE 3 remake is not based on RE 2, it has different characters, different setting/enviorment, enemy types etc. The game was probably outsourced along with the development of RE2 remake, but still doesn't valid your argument any further.
It's based on the engine and gameplay of RE 2 (not to mention they're reusing designs from the original game).

Quote:
The most popular superhero franchise is Batman, not Spiderman, besides the Arkham series where far more successfull as games than the Spiderman games released so far, again your argument doesn't add up.
This Wiki list states that Spiderman has grossed more revenue but you are comparing two gargantuan franchises so it makes no difference which is number one. The point is that if you give a huge franchise to a good developer and promote it well then it will sell.

Quote:
Having said that, it doesn't change the fact it was insomniacs first attempt of a Spiderman game.
It's really not that big of a deal though. That game is an amalgamation of tried and tested gameplay mechanics and elements that appeal to people. You're acting like they made an MMO and knocked it out of the park.

Quote:
You act as if EA haven't got the experience of releasing quality titles in the past?
So why don't you trust their expertise now and let them market the game how they want?

Quote:
Now if that's you logic, explain how Tony Hawk's pro skater became literally the most popular and successfull sport franchise (aside from FIFA) in history, a SKATER game mind you, are you going to tell me that skating is more popular than MMA? Their recepie for success was two things, authencity and content.
What exactly was "authentic" about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater? Someone like Haz is gonna have a heart attack if you come and state that THPS was realistic.

Quote:
Well many, wouldn't it occur to you that maybe that information in Q&A on forums would reach famous youtubers that uses these references that cover these particular games and eventually reach to the masses thanks to their following "buddeh".I mean that's how i got my info on that particular game, i wasn't exactly active on the forums nor have i've been interested in Spiderman.
That is an anecdotal piece of evidence. If I were them, I'd rather contact a big gaming site (let's say IGN) because that will gain more attraction than their forum of 30 people.

Quote:
No, not me i've made myself clear on numerous occasions that i would not pick UFC 4 up if it doesn't furfill certain criteria, because they have already made three games that ended up short, not to mention have a far longer development cycle than the rest of the sport franchises. You don't know me, and i advice you to stop taking people for granted. Some of us are not shills, or don't have our hands tied to critically assess a game.
I don't know if you are as critical as you think you are if you bought (what you consider to be) three underwhelming games in a row.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:35 AM   #45
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Let EA take their time and be logically vocal with what you desire for the next game.

You guys saw what happened when UFC 3 was released too early, thank God for Geoff Harrower for implementing the dozens of patches and tuners, all of the gameplay updates and new tools added into the game, but God forbid we get the game at launch like that.

Be vocal with a purpose. Tell them what you want, how do you think something can be implemented and be reasonable.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Let EA take their time and be logically vocal with what you desire for the next game.

You guys saw what happened when UFC 3 was released too early, thank God for Geoff Harrower for implementing the dozens of patches and tuners, all of the gameplay updates and new tools added into the game, but God forbid we get the game at launch like that.

Be vocal with a purpose. Tell them what you want, how do you think something can be implemented and be reasonable.
This ^ I think we also need a longer beta period as when it first dropped we were basically still playing a beta version.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
This ^ I think we also need a longer beta period as when it first dropped we were basically still playing a beta version.
super true.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:06 AM   #48
Rookie

I think I will side with the majority here and say I'm perfectly 100% fine with them taking their time with this next game. We don't wanna hear the same excuse "we didn't have time to fix this, not enough time to add that", etc. so lets just let the devs do their thing and hopefully this will finally be the UFC game we have all been begging, pleading, and wishing for.

Theres plenty of great games that have either just been released or are about to release so I think we will be fine for a while until at least summer without hearing anything. It's around Auguat or so when we hit that 3 month dry spell where we wait for the holidays for all the highly anticipated games to come out, that's the roughest part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »