Home

How does combo chaining actually work

This is a discussion on How does combo chaining actually work within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How does combo chaining actually work

So I've been playing with the combos lately and you can chain some interesting stuff like 212 1 3b and 1b 3 254 etc erc and what I'd like to know what rules does the combination system follow and how does chaining work. If more players knew stuff like this it would help so many.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 11:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How does combo chaining actually work

I'm sleep deprived and my memory is awful right now so this might not be completely accurate but basically each strike has a set amount of recovery frames before the game will register another strike unless it's a strike that is part of a combination.

If it IS part of a combination the game will queue it to be thrown ASAP with a smaller recovery period.

If it ISNT part of the combo the game will make you wait for the entire recovery period before registering the input, so you essentially have to manually time them.

If you want to chain combos or even strikes that aren't in preset combos you basically have to learn these recovery windows and place inputs correctly at the end of one combo queue to begin another, if you input them too soon they won't register.

Combos ending in jabs are particularly easy to chain very quickly because the jab has a very small recovery window, whereas a high kick for example has a huge recovery window and there is a noticeable delay before you can follow up if you miss.

Blocked strikes and whiffed strikes also affect recovery frames but I can't really remember exact details ATM, some combos won't even queue if certain strikes in them are blocked.

One of the other GCs or one of the Devs might be able to explain it better but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »