Home

More Stats or less stats in UFC 4 ? Let’s Discuss

This is a discussion on More Stats or less stats in UFC 4 ? Let’s Discuss within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
More Stats or less stats in UFC 4 ? Let’s Discuss

I believe there should be a lot more stats in UFC 4 to give the game way more depth and immersion.
I believe the stats that should make it is

-Left and right leg power/speed holding effectiveness

-right and left hand power/speed (this goes for ground and pound speed to)

- Blocking (I know this already in the game but this has to work like fight night champion, I love how I can string punches together and some would break through the guard , create angles to get through the guard. I would love to do the same in UFC 4. I hate how I have to wait for his guard to break down just so I can land , I should be able to break though that guard if he’s not that good at defending punches and kicks)

-Footwork (lunge speed, run speed, special stance footwork speed and etc)

-Combinations (how many punches you can string together, this will require free flow combos. Just don’t give fighters that are not known for boxing or kickboxing certain animations)

-Reflex’s (how fast you can slip a strike just like fight night champion)

-Counter execution (how fast you are to counter a strike, sprawl and etc after its been counter)

-Strength (determines who’s going to be stronger or weaker in the clinch, stronger opponents can push you to the cage faster, if it will be hard or easy to take you down , hold you on the ground longer even if you try to break the hold ,getting up takes longer and requires more skill and more)

- clinch striking ( speed of striking in the clinch, power can be tied to power stats , free flowing combination speed in the clinch)

- Clinch Striking defense (how good you are at blocking and absorbing the damage)

-Clinch Grappling offense (speed of transitions, holding effectiveness , dominate position strength meaning it will be hard to get out of this persons dominate positions and etc)

-Clinch Grappling defense (denying effectiveness, get out effectiveness/speed and etc)

-Ground and pound stamina (determines if you lose stamina at a fast rate or slow rate, I can tell you right now from me training that being on top of someone throwing punches and elbows doesn’t make me gas out as fast as bouncing ,moving around and throwing punches and kicks as standing up)

- Ground Top Grappling ( basically how good you are grappling on top)

- Ground bottom grappling (how good you are grappling from the bottom , use you imagination. Transition speed and etc)

Idk what else should be put in the game because I do believe that the stats should be broken down into bits and pieces because MMA isn’t so black-and-white as the stats we have now. It’s way more complex and deserves broken down stats

OMG AND I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH , no more stamina tax for holding a sway position. So if I’m leaning back or any direction my stamina shouldn’t drop dude , it should only drop when I start moving around in not when I’m holding a position. I can regain stamina just holding a certain position.

Last edited by Jizamurai; 01-10-2020 at 02:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: More Stats or less stats in UFC 4 ? Let’s Discuss

I just want power differentiated between arms and legs and left and right.

We had like a 20 page thread about this issue and I think pretty much everyone disliked the current power system.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

For sure.

Sick of seeing Nate Diaz Cro Cop guys.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I just want power differentiated between arms and legs and left and right.

We had like a 20 page thread about this issue and I think pretty much everyone disliked the current power system.

Oh damn ok nice I’m glad stats been brought up , I just want more individual stats , things can’t be so tied together in a game (mma) being so different from other combat sports. I’m so happy to hear that there was a post about stats
Old 01-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
For sure.

Sick of seeing Nate Diaz Cro Cop guys.

Most definitely man , but I think that’s more of a animation issue tbh. Nate Diaz is not a great kicker dude 🤦🏽*♂️ so they need to either remove his kicks and put something else in that place or get the animation done right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Would like to see pass success be a rating for great guard passers as well as control for deniers
Old 01-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Would like to see pass success be a rating for great guard passers as well as control for deniers

But wouldn’t that be a high rating stat for ground transitions ? You can be a great passer with high transition rating
Old 01-12-2020, 05:40 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
But wouldn’t that be a high rating stat for ground transitions ? You can be a great passer with high transition rating
What he means is he wants his actions to be broken down into more stats. Because people are good in some positions and weak in others. He wants half guard full guard side control amd crucifix stats. This would help fighters all feel more unique. You could have a stat for control for posturing up for sweeps etc. The more you break this down the more unique the fighters will feel. Also we need the cage to be more apart of the game and the grey area between striking and grappling being a central focus in ufc 4

Also we should have stats based on each limb. Left arm power left arm health etc etc

Last edited by 1212headkick; 01-12-2020 at 05:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »