Home

Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity

This is a discussion on Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 03:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Geoff Harrower “GameplaydevUFC” Leaving EA Sports UFC to pursue new and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Geoff was very important to the development of the series since the start. I'd argue he was the most significant dev that worked on the series but I'm biased because I like the guy.

With that said, one person leaving isnt going to stop a corporation from releasing a game. The game will still come out.
The game will still come out but I'm worried about the support post launch (all those big patches we had in 3) and the great synergy he had with the game changers...good luck to him obviously

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #18
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: Geoff Harrower “GameplaydevUFC” Leaving EA Sports UFC to pursue new and exciting

Quote:
Just because I won't be making MMA games anymore doesn't mean I'll necessarily stop choking people out.

=(

I am shocked by the news about the departure of GPD.

Geoff, you did a great job from scratch creating the game and ending it in its COMPLETE nearly AWESOME state (EA UFC 3 is an excellent authentic sim hardcore game with deep gameplay).

You did a very good post release game and community support (by sharing all necessary inside info), spending your own free personal time on us.

I dont know another example of so community friendly dev - even when there were some hot discussions and some confrontation.

I hope that the next EA UFC 4 Main developer will know about how you actively enlightened the players and we will receive the same high level of information support (fingers crossed)...

I want to quickly find out what project you will work on, and even if it will be... a Hello Kitty or My little pony series - I will buy it, anyway!

Good luck, Geoff!
Old 01-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #19
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I appreciate the conversations we've had. And I wish you and your family all the best.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
The game will still come out but I'm worried about the support post launch (all those big patches we had in 3) and the great synergy he had with the game changers...good luck to him obviously

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app

This is a legit concern. Other than Skynet, there isn't another dev who has been more active with the GCs and he was a clear leader in post launch support. Fingers crossed that his replacements will be as active.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #21
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I mean, the fact that the lead developer quits close to game release is worrying to say the least.

Last edited by MacGowan; 01-28-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I mean, the fact that the lead developer quits close to release is worrying to say the least.

True but it may have nothing to do with the game. I don't know the details but if Geoff got a great offer to work somewhere else, it doesn't matter where the game is in development, you know?

If I get a great job offer, I don't care if it's when the game is in alpha, beta or the week of release. I'm taking that job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #23
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
True but it may have nothing to do with the game. I don't know the details but if Geoff got a great offer to work somewhere else, it doesn't matter where the game is in development, you know?
True, or it may have a lot to do with the game. They would spin it in a positive light regardless.

It's worrying regardless. Bringing in a new lead developer at the end of the development cycle.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #24
Banned

If it's not geoff or wesley bun j am very worried for mma games. One of the things that made mma games great was dev interaction and geoff carried this with him into the ufc series. I'm hoping this means you guys can get an undisputed dev or someone who loves mma like geoff does. Itll be hard to deal with a new gpd. I'm so sad. #feelsbadman
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »