Home

Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity

This is a discussion on Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Excit

Damn... Gutted personally by the news and also happy for you, GPD. You are the reason a lot of us even came around here and why I became a fan of the series. All the best on the new endeavor and at the very least, come back and let us know where you’re at when the time is right. I’d be interested in that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #34
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Excit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Damn... Gutted personally by the news and also happy for you, GPD. You are the reason a lot of us even came around here and why I became a fan of the series. All the best on the new endeavor and at the very least, come back and let us know where you’re at when the time is right. I’d be interested in that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, I'll announce where I'm going closer to my start date.

Still got a bunch of work to finish at EA before then.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #35
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Wish the best for you Geoff.

Post launch support of the series has been great.

Will you be leaving EA completely or just EA SPORTS UFC? Could you be possibly working on a boxxing game ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #36
Rookie

As a follower over at the EA forums before they got blown up, I remember immediately noticing the passion for MMA this GPD had. And I knew the game would go in the right direction.

I have enjoyed all 3 UFC games immensely, and the series is heading in the right direction.

Let’s hope the next lead dev is as passionate about the sport as GPD. This is the type of sport that needs a knowledgeable leader to ensure its done properly.

Good luck in your next endeavor. Now let’s hope UFC 4 is great! Can’t wait for it
Old 01-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #37
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Best of luck at your next job, Geoff, I'll always remember how fast you updated Nate Marquardt when I made some moveset suggestions and the Chuck Liddell figure demonstrations were always worth seeing.* Much appreciation for all the hard work you put in, and for being so approachable to the community.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
Best of luck at your next job, Geoff, I'll always remember how fast you updated Nate Marquardt when I made some moveset suggestions and the Chuck Liddell figure demonstrations were always worth seeing.* Much appreciation for all the hard work you put in, and for being so approachable to the community.
It will be a crime if Geoff doesnt pass the Chuck and Rich Franklin dolls on to the person who is taking over for him.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #39
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Aw, damn. That wasn't what I was expecting on my daily check here for news on the game.

All the best GPD, appreciate all the work you have put in over the years, as well as the time you put in to discuss with us on the boards over the years.

It was really fun to have someone as passionate about the sport and the game propose ideas to us that we could have had some impact on. That's pretty rare these days. And we'll never see that for this franchise again.

Good luck on whatever you do next!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #40
Banned

I hate to be that 1 person but does this mean trailer/news will be delayed for ufc 4?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »