Home

Old 02-18-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Feints

You should be able to cancel at any point in the animation. Then we’d have more convincing feints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Feints

We need foot work feints or just make them look more like your about to strike. People dont really react to feints.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
We need foot work feints or just make them look more like your about to strike. People dont really react to feints.
footwork feints.... explain...
Old 02-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA
footwork feints.... explain...
It’s that schoolyard feint. Making someone flinch like this:
Old 02-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #5
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

You can do a sort of "footwork/schoolyard feint". One thing I like to do a lot actually is use the minor lunges; You do a very quick forward minor lunge, then immediately a backwards minor lunge.

This acts as a psuedo feint, where the opponent doesn't know if you are actually coming in or not. Aside from disguising your entries, this little double hop can confuse some players, and often they will plant and throw to try and catch you coming in, but you are already hopping back out. This can set up nice counters. If you are using someone like Wonderboy, this technique almost looks like a "karate bounce".

One thing we need from feints though, is the ability to use minor, & major lunges, and head movement directly after feinting.

I want to be able to feint a strike to draw out an attack from my opponent, to then immediately slip and counter.

The game currently locks you out of being able to use the movement systems directly after a feint, so even if your opponent is biting on the feints, you don't really have the full capacity to set up counters.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 02-19-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You can do a sort of "footwork/schoolyard feint". One thing I like to do a lot actually is use the minor lunges; You do a very quick forward minor lunge, then immediately a backwards minor lunge.

This acts as a psuedo feint, where the opponent doesn't know if you are actually coming in or not. Aside from disguising your entries, this little double hop can confuse some players, and often they will plant and throw to try and catch you coming it, but you are already hopping back out. This can set up nice counters. If you are using someone like Wonderboy, this technique almost looks like a "karate bounce".

One thing we need from feints though, is the ability to use minor, & major lunges, and head movement directly after feinting.

I want to be able to feint a strikes to draw out an attack from my opponent, to then immediately slip and counter.

The game currently locks you out of being able to use the movement systems directly after a feint, so even if your opponent is biting on the feints, you don't really have the full capacity to set up counters.
Agreed there’s also another way by R1 and flick. You get flinches too I can bump an old thread where I brought it up. It’s not official but it looks close enough and different fighters have different feints depending on their idle.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
It’s that schoolyard feint. Making someone flinch like this:
These are called half steps also. We should be able to feint like than and on the ground with gnp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »