Home

MartialMind and UD3

This is a discussion on MartialMind and UD3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #81
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MartialMind and UD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
What's weird is no one is saying, ~"Just remake UD3".

I think all we are saying, is give us the things UD3 actually did right, and by that I mean, just add what UD3 did well, to what EA UFC does so well, and *bam*, we get an insanely awesome game, with the best of both worlds.

8 years later, and there is still a lot of stuff UD3 has, that still hasn't been incorporated into EA UFC. That's a completely fair criticism, imo.

It's never been a blanket statement that "UD3 is better". But it does do some things better.

There is no shame in taking inspiration from the good things UD3 nailed.
Thats completely untrue. If I cared enough I would run a search and give you quote after quote where people have stated that here. In fact, your boy 1212 has said different variations of that multiple times. I'm gonna let it go though because I dont really care that much at this point.

We are anywhere from 3-6 mos from release (unless its a next gen release).

If the devs wanted to add a UD3 like grappling system....its been added by now.

If the devs want to add more fleshed out modes....its been added by now.

If they wanted to add a new sim stamina mode....its been added by now.

So talking about it at this point isnt going to matter one way or another. ****, the 40 people who regularly post here have been asking EA to do this for 3 plus years to pretty much zero results.

I want plenty of things from UD3 but there has to be a point where OS starts to recognize that maybe EA doesnt want to do it that way. Maybe they feel like those resources are better suited to go into other areas other than what the sim community wants.

Anyway, I'm ****ing up. I've been good about staying out of these convos and letting you guys talk in circles because its seems to be therapeutic for yall. The only reason I hopped in again was because GentlemanGhost hit on one of the MAJOR issues I had with Ud3 that no one seems to care about or discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #82
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0

Your "MAJOR" issue, is something that is incredibly niche. I get that there is a core group that plays these games to run universes, but that is super niche.

If your biggest complain is that when you run the computer vs the computer, they finish each other too often, that's kind of an incredibly super niche complaint.

When playing couch fights with like minded friends, we had almost nothing but crazy tactical battles, that went to decisions all the time.

In fact, 1 of my all time favorite UD3 memories is fighting my best friend to a draw in the most epic video game fight I've ever had.

Now that being said, OBVIOUSLY a dated health system like UD3 has is not ideal. Please. I would bet money that not 1 person here thinks that.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 02-21-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #83
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats completely untrue. If I cared enough I would run a search and give you quote after quote where people have stated that here. In fact, your boy 1212 has said different variations of that multiple times. I'm gonna let it go though because I dont really care that much at this point.

So talking about it at this point isnt going to matter one way or another. ****, the 40 people who regularly post here have been asking EA to do this for 3 plus years to pretty much zero results.

I want plenty of things from UD3 but there has to be a point where OS starts to recognize that maybe EA doesnt want to do it that way. Maybe they feel like those resources are better suited to go into other areas other than what the sim community wants.

Anyway, I'm ****ing up. I've been good about staying out of these convos and letting you guys talk in circles because its seems to be therapeutic for yall. The only reason I hopped in again was because GentlemanGhost hit on one of the MAJOR issues I had with Ud3 that no one seems to care about or discuss.
Well for me, I never discussed this cuz EA UFC has already done this right. In EA UFC damage now recovers. When I talk UD3, the only things I harp about are what I think UD3 has done right and what I think EA can add to their game to make it better and more realistic. For example, ground rocks and the TKO system. That was done right by UD3 imo. Gave both the attacker and defender multiple options...you didn't just wiggle a stick to fill a meter. Now i'm in total disagreement with anyone saying just copy and paste anything, but EA taking the good things like that and adding their own twist to it would do just fine imo. For me it's all about trying to make EA UFC better tbh. I wanna be able to pick UFC 4 up knowing I probably won't be going back to UD3, cuz it's that much better than UD3.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-21-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #84
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
If your biggest complain is that when you run the computer vs the computer, they finish each other too often, that's kind of an incredibly super niche complaint.
This is an incredibly niche game. Plenty people want a "management mode" in the same vein as other EA Sports games, an issues like that should be brought up

Not to mention you just said; there's nothing else to talk about. So I find it weird that you complain about bringing up things that are super niche.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Well for me, I never discussed this cuz EA UFC has already done this right. In EA UFC damage now recovers. When I talk UD3, the only things I harp about are what I think UD3 has done right and what I think EA can add to their game to make it better and more realistic. For example, ground rocks and the TKO system. That was done right by UD3 imo. Gave both the attacker and defender multiple options...you didn't just wiggle a stick to fill a meter. Now i'm in total disagreement with anyone saying just copy and paste anything, but EA taking the good things like that and adding their own twist to it would do just fine imo. For me it's all about trying to make EA UFC better tbh. I wanna be able to pick UFC 4 up knowing I probably won't be going back to UD3, cuz it's that much better than UD3.
What hes also not telling you is I've made polls and sources evidence saying that most people still say ud3 is better 🤷*♂️
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 03:43 PM   #86
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Your "MAJOR" issue, is something that is incredibly niche. I get that there is a core group that plays these games to run universes, but that is super niche.

When playing couch fights with like minded friends, we had almost nothing but crazy tactical battles, that went to decisions all the time.

In fact, 1 of my all time favorite UD3 memories is fighting my best friend to a draw in the most epic video game fight I've ever had.

Now that being said, OBVIOUSLY a dated health system like UD3 has is not ideal. Please. I would bet money that not 1 person here thinks that.

I don’t play computer v. Computer.

I said it was ONE of my biggest issues not the biggest.

The only comments I’ve made in this thread have been AI related so your experiences playing couch fights with your friends doesn’t apply to what I was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #87
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA

Keep in mind, my statement wasn’t directed at everyone. There are plenty of reasonable people like you who have identified the aspects of UD3 they love and explained why they think it’s should be added.

There are others when have just outright demanded that EA duplicate UD3. Anyone can find them with a simple search.

Anyway, people can have at it. Like i said, if this discussion makes people feel better who am I to get in the way of that. But if people are expecting a discussion today to affect ufc4, they are bound to be disappointed.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Keep in mind, my statement wasn’t directed at everyone. There are plenty of reasonable people like you who have identified the aspects of UD3 they love and explained why they think it’s should be added.

There are others when have just outright demanded that EA duplicate UD3. Anyone can find them with a simple search.

Anyway, people can have at it. Like i said, if this discussion makes people feel better who am I to get in the way of that. But if people are expecting a discussion today to affect ufc4, they are bound to be disappointed.

Theres a difference between duplicating and continuing off of benchmarks already set instead of taking four games and still not having an industry standard mma game. What needs to be done is copy and paste ud3 grappling and fix its bugs and use the glorious rpm tech we have on the feet with it. Ea took fortnite with apex and made it better. This is not unfeasible. Listening to the majority is not unfeasible

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »