Home

MartialMind and UD3

This is a discussion on MartialMind and UD3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #137
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MartialMind and UD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Maybe?

Say EA creates a new grappling system for UFC 4...but its not like UD3. That will be 4 games where EA has heard some people at OS asking for a specific change and they said no.

So at that point, shouldnt "hope" go away?

That doesnt mean that EA wont take certain aspects from Ud3. For example, UFC 3 introduced individual strikes (like Nate's 1-2 and Conor's cross) to the game which is copying something from UD3. I hope there will be more in UFC 4.

I hope they add things like more grappling positions and ground sways. Those are Ud3 things they could steal too.

But at this point, given that we are nearing the end of development, a UD3 discussion isnt likely to lead to any changes in UFC 4.
Yup. This is pretty much all UD3 fans want right here. Especially if it were the more requested things like seated cage, body triangle, butterfly guard, pulling guard, ect. But yh at this point, it's just hoping they have added some stuff from the game.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #138
Banned

Chipping in... Im assuming or I think no one in this thread would be happy, if the old grappling is still in UFC 4. Thats an absolute no go for all of us.

Just because people pointing out how good UD 3 grappling felt for them... doesnt mean they want that exact grappling system in 4. UD 3s had major flaws too, lets be honest, but it was still more MMA, than the current system in UFC 3... which just really is a bating game tbh. A free transition for a wrong click. Plain and simple, thats what it is.

I'll tell you what we want... something else that represents MMA better than UFC 1-3 did. If EA invented something new, that represents the sport of MMA like UD 3 did, fiiiine, we are all in. Bring it on. If they are coming up with ''improved old mechanics'' that really just isnt MMA like at all... no thanks.

If you tell me you dont want UD 3 like...

Ground and Pound,
Ground TKOs and Rocks,
Ground scrambles,
Grappler ground dominance,
Grapple movement,
Ground head-movement,
Follow up strikes,
Cage grappling,
Striking/Grappling balance etc... All those little gimmicks that are just completely missing in EA UFC...

Then you dont know what MMA is about. Nobody wants a copy of UD. We are just pointing out what it could/should be like in the future. UD has the best grappling blueprint for grappling. UFC 3 has the best mechanic in striking... until we see what UFC 4 has in store. Its also way too late to make those changes to the game at this point... we will get what they are working on right now.

A forum is a place for people sharing opinions. And the poll we had a couple days ago, clearly showed what the forums opinion is... And a 34 upvote post on reddit doesnt mean ****. Im pretty sure, if Martial went out to reddit, to post what the difference is between EA UFC and UD 3 and what he wants to see in the grappling area of UFC 4, he would get 1000 upvotes within an hour.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #139
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

- I think there is some confusion here. Its a difference between a system and animations. I have not seen a single person argue against the following: Better GNP, Ground Sways, More cage grapple animations, Ground rocks and KOs, Ground movement. Not the GCs. Not the people that prefer the UFC 3 System.

All of those animations can be added to the current system.

What I've seen is people say they didnt like the UD3 grappling system. Some have said it was too simplistic. That it had no real strategic depth to it. Those are valid arguments.

But no one is against EA adding more animations. No one.

- Over a million people bought UFC 3. Now if we take your numbers (100 people on OS, 1000 upvotes/people on reddit and the 201 people who did a review on Metacritic), that would equal 1% of the people who bought the game.

1%.....Which is why the "majority" arguments are nonsense. In what business would you take the word of a vocal 1% as what should be done?

You want to make an argument that UD3 was a better system? Sure, thats a valid argument. You want to say it was more fun? ****, I agree with you.

But an argument that this is the majority or that EA should take what people here want as the only path to better the game? Come on man. As I've said time and time again, people on OS do nothing to demand that the game improve in the ways they want it except talk. People openly admit that they will buy each version of the game at release even if none of the changes they want are suggested. So dont be surprised when EA doesnt exactly follow the demands of this group.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Im pretty sure, if Martial went out to reddit, to post what the difference is between EA UFC and UD 3 and what he wants to see in the grappling area of UFC 4, he would get 1000 upvotes within an hour.
Bold statement considering the most upvoted post in r/easportsufc history has only 449 upvotes.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:02 PM   #141
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Bold statement considering the most upvoted post in r/easportsufc history has only 449 upvotes.
I don't belive he was being literal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #142
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

I love both games but if we are going head to head ud3 was a much more polished third version than ufc 3 was. Just my opinion.

Last edited by west coast offense; 02-28-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by west coast offense
I love both games but if we are going head to head ud3 was a much more polished third version than ufc 3 was. Just my opinion.
Trust me not just your opinion buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »