Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Sassy
 
MacGowan's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,687
The new EA UFC developer

I've done some googling and come up with nothing, so I'm asking here. What do we know about the new principal software engineer on gameplay and animation for the EA UFC series?

I'm thinking past games, for example. or, what his job in EA Sports would be in practicality If UFC 4 is coming out this year, cause his creative inputs would be minimal, right? help me out here.

Also to note: I do believe UFC4 is the last game on the current contract between EA and UFC.
MacGowan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,329
Blog Entries: 8
Re: The new EA UFC developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I've done some googling and come up with nothing, so I'm asking here. What do we know about the new principal software engineer on gameplay and animation for the EA UFC series?

I'm thinking past games, for example. or, what his job in EA Sports would be in practicality If UFC 4 is coming out this year, cause his creative inputs would be minimal, right? help me out here.

Also to note: I do believe UFC4 is the last game on the current contract between EA and UFC.
We've met the new guy. I'm not going to identify him because 1) I dont think I know his real name (people use their username in the chat. I dont think I knew Geoff's name until I met him) and 2) if he wants to participate in OS, I'll let him introduce himself.

As far as I know, he's been around for a while but we didnt meet him until a week or so ago. Seems to know alot about MMA and fighting games and has a long history with them. I'm optimistic that he will be as accepting of input as Geoff was.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: The new EA UFC developer

I know nothing about the developers so this is just conjecture but I don't think it is fair to give as much credit and blame as we have to the frontman. All AAA games have dozens if not hundreds of developers involved so I doubt that the new dude will cause a massive paradigm shift.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
tomitomitomi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2020
Re: The new EA UFC developer

The next ea earnings is may 5
T4H Recognize is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2019
Re: The new EA UFC developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4H Recognize
The next ea earnings is may 5
What does that have to do with anything. Im genuinely asking. Is there any chance of news spilling then or what?
SHADOW_UFCMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,329
Blog Entries: 8
Re: The new EA UFC developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA
What does that have to do with anything. Im genuinely asking. Is there any chance of news spilling then or what?
Yes but its also possible information comes earlier than that.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #7
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: The new EA UFC developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes but its also possible information comes earlier than that.
One can only hope
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: The new EA UFC developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We've met the new guy. I'm not going to identify him because 1) I dont think I know his real name (people use their username in the chat. I dont think I knew Geoff's name until I met him) and 2) if he wants to participate in OS, I'll let him introduce himself.

As far as I know, he's been around for a while but we didnt meet him until a week or so ago. Seems to know alot about MMA and fighting games and has a long history with them. I'm optimistic that he will be as accepting of input as Geoff was.
We want his portfolio What games he worked for etc
Giorgos78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Top -