Home

Legendary Fighters

This is a discussion on Legendary Fighters within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Legendary Fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think comparing Tyson/Ali to Cro Cop/Fedor is a fair comparison. People around the world (boxing fans or not) know who Ali and Tyson are. That isnt the case for Fedor or Nog or Cro Cop.

UD3 came out 5 years after the end of Pride and when many of he Pride fighters were still actively fighting. We are now 13 yrs out from the end of Pride.

I'm not saying that legendary fighters wouldnt be cool for some people but making an argument that casual fans will be drawn in by fighters they dont know is a tough one.

As for a boxing mode....I doubt it. Especially now that WME/Zuffa has announced they are entering into boxing. I'd honestly EA use that time to improve other modes than the time it would take to create a boxing mode.
You’re right in terms of casuals, but for many MMA fans Fedor, Cro Cop, and Big Nog are as good as it gets. I think you underestimate how many lapsed fans there are. I don’t think having Fedor in game would result in more casual buyers but I think he would bring in his own fans.

For the casuals a boxing mode would be ideal. A lot of people who play this game mainly like to punch over kicking or grappling. The vast majority like to box already. Having a mode that caters to the majority would serve EA well. WME/Zuffa moving into boxing makes this even better, as they could maybe sign some boxers for the game, at least some legendary ones.

We already had Mike Tyson, imagine having a few more actual boxers along with a fleshed out boxing mode with a ring and its rules.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
You’re right in terms of casuals, but for many MMA fans Fedor, Cro Cop, and Big Nog are as good as it gets. I think you underestimate how many lapsed fans there are. I don’t think having Fedor in game would result in more casual buyers but I think he would bring in his own fans.

For the casuals a boxing mode would be ideal. A lot of people who play this game mainly like to punch over kicking or grappling. The vast majority like to box already. Having a mode that caters to the majority would serve EA well. WME/Zuffa moving into boxing makes this even better, as they could maybe sign some boxers for the game, at least some legendary ones.

We already had Mike Tyson, imagine having a few more actual boxers along with a fleshed out boxing mode with a ring and its rules.
I doubt there are many hardcore fans who haven't fought the game because Big Nog is missing. Even that one dude here bought UFC 3.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I doubt there are many hardcore fans who haven't fought the game because Big Nog is missing. Even that one dude here bought UFC 3.
I’m not talking about hardcore fans, they’ll likely buy the game regardless. I am referring to lapsed fans were fans of PRIDE and not so much UFC, legends like Fedor would draw them in.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

I think you overestimate how many there are. EA was pretty happy with the sales of UFC 3. If you are a hardcore MMA fan and a gamer....you probably bought the game.

I also misspoke. WME/Zuffa ARENT moving into boxing so it would be hard to convince the UFC that a significant of development time should be devoted to a different sport. This isnt like the other modes in the UFC where the models are the same and the presentation is the same.

Off the top of my head you would need, duplicate player models with boxing gloves added, a completely new arena created with a ring, some new animations, a budget for any boxers you sign, new judging logic for the mode. Thats alot.

I doubt this would happen for 4. EA is probably better off from a financial perspective just rebooting Fight Night.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:29 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I’m not talking about hardcore fans, they’ll likely buy the game regardless. I am referring to lapsed fans were fans of PRIDE and not so much UFC, legends like Fedor would draw them in.
I dont think there are a ton of those fans to be honest. If they havent followed the sport in 13 yrs, I dont see them coming back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think you overestimate how many there are. EA was pretty happy with the sales of UFC 3. If you are a hardcore MMA fan and a gamer....you probably bought the game.

I also misspoke. WME/Zuffa ARENT moving into boxing so it would be hard to convince the UFC that a significant of development time should be devoted to a different sport. This isnt like the other modes in the UFC where the models are the same and the presentation is the same.

Off the top of my head you would need, duplicate player models with boxing gloves added, a completely new arena created with a ring, some new animations, a budget for any boxers you sign, new judging logic for the mode. Thats alot.

I doubt this would happen for 4. EA is probably better off from a financial perspective just rebooting Fight Night.
I thought Zuffa is moving into boxing. That’s the last I read.

Fair enough on the boxing mode, hope there’s at least a bare bones boxing mode since there’s already a kickboxing mode. Most people fight like boxers ime, I think they would have fun with it.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:41 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I thought Zuffa is moving into boxing. That’s the last I read.

Fair enough on the boxing mode, hope there’s at least a bare bones boxing mode since there’s already a kickboxing mode. Most people fight like boxers ime, I think they would have fun with it.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/2/1...ve-into-boxing

FYI
Old 02-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #24
Pro

I forgot to add that I think stand-and-bang mode would probably be more than enough (I think UFC 3's striking is miles better than FNC) if they fixed the damage system so that you do not have to drop someone fifty times to get the finish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »