Home

What's wrong with me?

This is a discussion on What's wrong with me? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #81
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's wrong with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I just saw that post on the last page. I agree with everything else in the post, but I have to reply to this part, because it just drives me nuts when I feel like I am being misrepresented.

First off, come on, this is the post your going to link??? Again, me saying it's annoying, while reference my own gameplay, and saying nothing about anything being "overpowered", or anything like that.

That is a facetious post about how boring, and contrived this game can be sometimes.

So I did some SearchJitsu, and came to the conclusion that over the course of my 3,814 posts I have used the word "spam" in 140 different posts, or 3.6% of my total posts. While you, over the course of your 1,634 posts, have used the word "spam" in 93 different posts, or 5.6% of your total posts.

So maybe, by that estimate, and by your logic, I should see your name and "expect you to say spam this and spam that".
Key thing you left out: I'm usually responding to individuals who are talking about spam so of course my response is going to have the word in there. I'm not going out and making threads whining about it, I'm responding and providing answers for people who struggle with playstyles that are prioritizing specific strikes.

This isn't a battle that you're going to win, nor am I going to win, so drop it and focus on what we do agree on and how we can get some of those solutions realistically implemented next game.

@ Ryangil

Spot-on man, spot on.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-13-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I’m interested in what people think the cutoff should be. Of course, it depends on what they are throwing and how they are throwing like the strike total being made out of a lot of jabs or if they are throwing more combos, etc. as well as the stamina stats but a rough number would maybe help.

Dustin Poirier threw 115 strikes in the first round vs Max Holloway, went the distance and managed to stay with Max who is a cardio machine himself.

Dustin definitely has good cardio but he’s not really considered to be up there with the likes of Holloway, Diaz, etc as being famous for it.

Even Yoel Romero threw close to 300 strikes in his fight with Paulo Costa. Not as high as the game but still pretty high by his standards.

Romero doesn’t typically do that but Costa actually brought the fight to him which most fighters don’t. It does show he’s capable of throwing more but usually chooses not to.

That’s why looking at fight totals and saying, “well fighter x doesn’t throw that many when he fights in real life” isn’t always a good comparison because he might not be throwing that many as he’s choosing not to rather than not being capable of it.

Throwing strikes also makes you vulnerable and I’d say that’s why they normally don’t do it rather than not being able to.
I honestly think the stamina could be higher in some cases but the problem is every strike is auto aim and magnetically on to you which doesn’t happen in real life. Strikes change direction mid animation to hit you it’s ridiculous. If we had actual angles i guarantee non-stop punching wouldn’t be a problem
Old 03-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #83
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Key thing you left out: I'm usually responding to individuals who are talking about spam so of course my response is going to have the word in there. I'm not going out and making threads whining about it, I'm responding and providing answers for people who struggle with playstyles that are prioritizing specific strikes.

This isn't a battle that you're going to win, nor am I going to win, so drop it.
I'm not going to drop it because you are misrepresenting and mischaracterizing me. 90% of the time I use the word spam I am being facetious, and it's not that serious. Nor am I making threads "whining" about anything. Many of the times I've used it, is ALSO just in response to other posts or thread topics.

Your issue is that you take the word "spam" extremely seriously, and personally for some reason. Regardless of the context. It's very bizarre.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 03-13-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 03-13-2020, 05:05 PM   #84
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Dustin Poirier threw 115 strikes in the first round vs Max Holloway, went the distance and managed to stay with Max who is a cardio machine himself.
That is a 5 minute round. Not 3 minutes. Which is a big difference you're ignoring.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
That is a 5 minute round. Not 3 minutes. Which is a big difference you're ignoring.
The rounds on accelerated clock might actually be 3 minutes but it’s supposed to fit in the action of a 5 minute round. It’s not supposed to be 3 minutes of a 5 minute round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #86
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
I'm not going to drop it because you are misrepresenting and mischaracterizing me. 90% of the time I use the word spam I am being facetious, and it's not that serious. Nor am I making threads "whining" about amything. Many of the times I've used it, is ALSO just in response to other posts or thread topics.

Your issue is that you take the word "spam" extremely seriously, and personally for some reason. Regardless of the context. It's very bizarre.
The only person that's taking it personally is you bud ����*♂️ nor did I say you SPECIFICALLY are the individual making the threads on something that's 'spammable'. But, for Pete's sake, you created a whole thread on 'What's wrong with me', complaining about people on quickfight not playing the way you want them to play against you.

Quote:
The past month or so, every time I play this game, I end up just getting extremely frustrated, aggravated, and heated

1 day, I told myself "I'm just going to quit out of the fighter select when someone picks a champ, and try to just get some fun fights." I'm literally not exaggerating, I backed out of fights for 45 minutes straight..........

"I do not have fun playing this game at all. Yet I keep playing it. Day after day after day. Waiting, hoping, chasing the high of that 1 in 100 fights when you get someone who is not a complete try hard clown.... on the unranked mode..."
That's pretty bizarre that you spend time playing a game that brings you so much distress, to the point you created a thread about something you could have complained about in the Random Thoughts Thread.

Maybe if we're all lucky, EA will invest in way better options for offline players

This is the last time I'm going to talk to you on this topic in the open forums, anything else you can keep in the private messages.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-13-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #87
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
The rounds on accelerated clock might actually be 3 minutes but it’s supposed to fit in the action of a 5 minute round. It’s not supposed to be 3 minutes of a 5 minute round.
That would be the case, but when you put it on 5 minute rounds almost nothing changes. I THINK there may be a slight adjustment to stamina on a 5 minute round, but it is essentially the same. If switching to 5 minute rounds was basically switching to a "sim" mode, we would all be playing on 5 minute rounds. That's not the case though, as output rate is essentially identical to that of 3 minute rounds. Which is objectively much much higher than real life.

If they are throwing 120 strikes in 3 minutes rounds, they arent also throwing 120 in 5 minute rounds, they are throwing 2 more minutes worth of strikes.

So while ideally what you're suggesting would be the case, in actuality it's not.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #88
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
The only person that's taking it personally is you bud ����*♂️ nor did I say you SPECIFICALLY are the individual making the threads on something that's 'spammable'. But, for Pete's sake, you created a whole thread on 'What's wrong with me', complaining about people on quickfight not playing the way you want them to play against you.
The only thing I am taking personally is you repeatedly mischaracterizing, and misrepresenting me.

And the bold. Again, No. That isn't what this thread was about at all. It is about, as I have said a few times now;
It's about the complete and total saturation of this play "style" online. How almost every fight plays out exactly the same. How every fight is against the same 5 fighters, but even if they do pick someone else, they still end up playing exactly the same. And how boring, and contrived the game play has become as a result.

It's not about people "not playing how I want". It's about every fight being the same thing, over and over. Yes, of course high volume, high pressure should be a viable style, but this game functions as such, that this style has an almost total saturation of online game play. It's not about winning and losing. It's about being boring, repetitive, and unrealistic.

Quote:
That's pretty bizarre that you spend time playing a game that brings you so much distress, to the point you created a thread about something you could have complained about in the Random Thoughts Thread.

Maybe if we're all lucky, EA will invest in way better options for offline players

This is the last time I'm going to talk to you on this topic in the open forums, anything else you can keep in the private messages.
Well I went from ~1000 hours play time last year, to ~200 hours playtime at the years end, which is a pretty huge fall off. Since I made this thread, I have only had 1 play session. So no, I'm really not spending all that much time trying to play this game anymore.

Last edited by Haz____; 03-14-2020 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »