Home

What's wrong with me?

This is a discussion on What's wrong with me? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #17
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's wrong with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Ive asked myself the same question before I quit the game.... The answer is the game and anything else that gives you that frustrating, aggravating, heated feeling is not worth it.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you dont have fun, dont do it to yourself.... Just because its the latest installment of a video game series doesnt mean you have to play it.
Last year my PS4 end year recap told me I had something like 1000 hours gameplay. Can't remember the exact number, though I did make a thread about it here, so the number is on the forums somewhere.

This year, I had like 200 hours.

I mean, that says it right there.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 03-02-2020, 02:09 AM   #18
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
That's why I hope we finally get some offline modes that are not 20 years behind current standards.
A man can dream.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:10 AM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
This is how the game is. Either play it as its made or dont play it if it annoys you. The input on this game is ****ing awful but its how it is so i deal with it.
Wish this wasn't so true, but it is.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #20
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA
My advice to you haz, is to stop playing ufc 3 and just wait until ufc 4 comes out. Play it once in a bloom you will find it to be much more rewarding and fun.
That's pretty much where i'm at now. But most of the time I leave the session feeling like I just wasted a huge amount a time.

I just love MMA so much, I always get super hyped up after a card, and think Im about to hop on UFC and have some fun. It's usually just an exercise in aggravation though as I end up playing Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Khabib, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Furguson, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Khabib, with every single opponent playing the EXACT SAME WAY.

Last edited by Haz____; 03-02-2020 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:20 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
That's pretty much where i'm at now. But most of the time I leave the session feeling like I just wasted a huge amount a time.

I just love MMA so much, I always get super hyped up after a card, and think Im about to hop on UFC and have some fun. It's usually just an exercise in aggravation though as I end up playing Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Khabib, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Furguson, then Felder vs Conor, then Felder vs Khabib, with every single opponent playing the EXACT SAME WAY.
I never play quick fight. Only ever ranked, and yes, people use fighters like Khabib and Conor very often, but I’ve not experienced it as bad as you’re saying you do in quick play. I often get fights with people playing as fighters that aren’t top ranked.

If I’m finding myself fighting too many Conor players or whatever, I turn off that division. Some divisions are worse than others for people picking the same fighters over and over. I always find Middleweight to be a mixed bag. Welterweight always seems to have a lot of variety when I play there too.

Featherweight, Bantamweight and Women’s Bantamweight always seem to be the worst for me as far as people always choosing the same couple of fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #22
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Personally ..... I suggest retiring until UFC 4 if it's causing you that big a headache.

Not that UFC 4 will fix all those issues

But just to give your psyche a rest so you can come out swinging when the new game drops

That said....if you really want to get your fix...just try playing Live Event Competition Only.

I have SOOOO much more fun w/ LEC fights since the stats are even, and just as importantly, the stats are pretty LOW

i.e. if everyone had all attributes @ 100...it'd be a fair fight, but kind of silly and definitely arcadey....I feel that everyone having even attributes of 90 across the board makes things muchhhh more interesting and realistic.

I actually LIKE IT when people throw more than 100 strikes in the first round of an LEC. They'll gas pretty quick, and I still have 4 rounds to work with

REVENGE IS SWEET

But yea.....nothing wrong with taking a 2 week or even 2 month break from the game, if you can !

(I say all this, but I'm on the brink of coming out of retirement to use Romero in this weekend's LEC...assuming there is one....this game is addictive for lots of reasons hahaha)

FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-02-2020, 07:28 PM   #23
MVP

My interest faded after the prominent rise of the jab feint body shot and the general trend towards body work gameplay, that + being in an MBA program doesnt help. I was a regular top 10 player and I can understand how the modern meta works, but I just don't have the same satisfaction playing this way even though I know it can be effective. I feel like there are about three specific but similar styles that work and any strong deviations from those styles are generally "silent agreements" made between two skilled players, because the moment one player plays meta you necessarily must follow to be competitive. Similar to the way card games operate where you realize everyone should use a metadeck and the only changes are your approach to that metadeck.

The problem is that after a certain amount of ranked that type of meta is the majority of what you face, and that is not an issue at all with the playerbase, that's how you play a fighting game. The nature of fighting games is that you maximize all mechanics, gamey, statistical and universal fighting concepts - its just how fighting game work, it's just not for me so I also get tired quickly. In the past it felt more versatile, people had very unique styles and I genuinely felt like I was playing the way I wanted to play and was losing the way I wanted to lose. I would fight a guy and remember "Oh yeah, he's the guy who's excellent at landing high kicks" or "That person's ability to feint is unmatched"

I'd love to play Conor McGregor and try to counter fight, or fight as a defensive Dom, or even a patient Tyrone Woodley, but I know all I am doing is slightly altering the "correct" meta style which would be more effective just so that I could have the satisfaction of being slightly more sim, and at a certain point that just costs you wins in ranked. Maybe I throw one less hook -> body uppercut combo, or one less jab feint to teep kick, one fewer intercept knee at punching range, you get the point - I just feel like I'm not representing that fighter and instituting actual gameplans outside of the degree of grappling or striking I will use based on my stats.

My post isn't to say that body work is bad at all, I love the way Nick and Aldo find opportunities to land strikes to the body. I would just prefer a small modification to the way high level competition goes now, I might just be ignorant.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 03-02-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #24
Rookie

I’m glad you can pressure people tbh. Nothing worse than some time waster who just backs up and thinks they are “counter striking” while being out-struck 40 strikes to 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »