Home

What's wrong with me?

This is a discussion on What's wrong with me? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2020, 01:38 AM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
What's wrong with me?

The past month or so, every time I play this game, I end up just getting extremely frustrated, aggravated, and heated.

I swear to god, 95% of players, even though I'm just playing the casual unranked quick fight mode; every single ****ing person picks Conor, or Max, or Khabib, etc, and just spams 120+ strikes a round. It's like every. single. fight.

I just do not understand. Why is 120+ strikes a round the average. The normal. In what universe does this make sense. Why does EVERY SINGLE PERSON only pick champs or top tier meta fighters... on QUICK FIGHT....

I've posted a bunch of videos of these dorks too. Videos of people throwing, no exaggeration, 160 strikes in a single accelerated 3 minute round. Fights that I win. It's not like I'm losing all the time to this. It's just soooooooooo insanely aggravating and annoying. And incredibly not fun. The way you have to play to counter these dorky *** spammers is just not fun. It's not MMA.

1 day, I told myself "I'm just going to quit out of the fighter select when someone picks a champ, and try to just get some fun fights." I'm literally not exaggerating, I backed out of fights for 45 minutes straight..........

I do not understand this player base. Literally my mind is not wired to comprehend this nonsense. It's truly baffling, stupefying, and incomprehensible to me.

I do not have fun playing this game at all. Yet I keep playing it. Day after day after day. Waiting, hoping, chasing the high of that 1 in 100 fights when you get someone who is not a complete try hard clown.... on the unranked mode....

What is wrong with me? Why do I do this to myself. Why do I constantly put myself through this?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 03-01-2020 at 01:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2020, 03:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What's wrong with me?

This game can be frustrating, aggravating but addictive for most of us. In my experience in ranked you're more likely to find people who fight kind of methodical. They're still picking champions but at least they don't uber pressure you. You can give it a try

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 AM   #3
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
The past month or so, every time I play this game, I end up just getting extremely frustrated, aggravated, and heated.

I swear to god, 95% of players, even though I'm just playing the casual unranked quick fight mode; every single ****ing person picks Conor, or Max, or Khabib, etc, and just spams 120+ strikes a round. It's like every. single. fight.

I just do not understand. Why is 120+ strikes a round the average. The normal. In what universe does this make sense. Why does EVERY SINGLE PERSON only pick champs or top tier meta fighters... on QUICK FIGHT....

I've posted a bunch of videos of these dorks too. Videos of people throwing, no exaggeration, 160 strikes in a single accelerated 3 minute round. Fights that I win. It's not like I'm losing all the time to this. It's just soooooooooo insanely aggravating and annoying. And incredibly not fun. The way you have to play to counter these dorky *** spammers is just not fun. It's not MMA.

1 day, I told myself "I'm just going to quit out of the fighter select when someone picks a champ, and try to just get some fun fights." I'm literally not exaggerating, I backed out of fights for 45 minutes straight..........

I do not understand this player base. Literally my mind is not wired to comprehend this nonsense. It's truly baffling, stupefying, and incomprehensible to me.

I do not have fun playing this game at all. Yet I keep playing it. Day after day after day. Waiting, hoping, chasing the high of that 1 in 100 fights when you get someone who is not a complete try hard clown.... on the unranked mode....

What is wrong with me? Why do I do this to myself. Why do I constantly put myself through this?
Go fight your friends, people aren't obligated to fight the way you want them to fight unless you're literally asking for someone to fight SIM with you.

Also, I literally 'LOL' at the term 'spam' now. Only things that are clearly bugged out like the knees that land in jab range, jab feint body straight, or intentionally forcing the block break is something I would consider 'spammable' in gaming terms. I would laugh if a fighter turns to the ref when eating punches and cries about 'spamming punches'.

I would LOVE to fight all the time with somebody who tries to emulate the dude they're using, it's fun and I give props when I see it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over a video game. If the game is annoying you, stop playing for a bit and get on another time.

That being said: I would hope things with regards to stamina-accelerated clock get balanced out for the next game for sure.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:27 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Honestly, i never choose a Top S tier fighter as my MAIN character in any MMA game in ANY mode (including ranked). And in ALL fighting games.

I selected and mostly played:

UFC UD 1-3: K.Parisyan, Akiyama

EA UFC: H. Lombard

And i never understand people who chooses Top imba characters.

For me personally, a gaming experience and challenge is more important that a win and kdr.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #5
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

Yeah i dont understand still having stamina throwing over 100 strikes sround yet im the one being depleted lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
Rookie

The worst part is the fact that 95 percent play exactly the same, the same stupid combos over and over, the same stupid counters over and over, filling the meter to grapple after 3 years is incredibly boring and unsatisfying, the same stupid knockdown against the cage over and over. There’s so many scenarios were I roll my eyes and turn off the game. Even when I have a perfect fight where I’m doing everything exactly right, I will still disconnect out right before my win counts and I take the loss. But whatever, it’s just a stupid game for kids
Old 03-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #7
Banned

Ive asked myself the same question before I quit the game.... The answer is the game and anything else that gives you that frustrating, aggravating, heated feeling is not worth it.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you dont have fun, dont do it to yourself.... Just because its the latest installment of a video game series doesnt mean you have to play it.

Also to everyone who disliked EA UFC 3, test UFC 4 out in EA Access before you buy it. Spend the extra 20 bucks pre order for the 10 bucks EA Access.
(I pre-ordered UFC 3 and I will never ever again pre order an EA game).

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 03-01-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
Pro

LarsP's Arena

That's why I hope we finally get some offline modes that are not 20 years behind current standards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »