Home

Buying UFC 4 at launch

This is a discussion on Buying UFC 4 at launch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2020, 03:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Buying UFC 4 at launch

These days I think the console being able to boot up the game successfully constitutes as the game being finished. Anything else is a bonus.

Might even be stretching it there. I’m sure COD was bricking people’s consoles lmfao.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:16 AM   #10
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I'll wait for the first reviews and probably the first big patch before considering to buy.

That's why I'm not really bothered with news. A reveal trailer does nothing for me. I'll wait 'til the youtubers get ahold of it, and that's gonna be a while.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So do you think UFC3 at launch wasnt "finished" or was it finished and just "improved" after launch?
That is an excellent question! Haha. Honestly Im humble enough to admit I am not really sure. All I know is the game I spent $60 bucks for at launch was definitely worse and had many things missing from it that was later added to it. And that same game, which in my opinion was significantly better months after launch, could be bought for about half the price I spent with much more features.

This is the first time I’m seriously considering not buying UFC at launch and the main reasoning is because I can almost guarantee I can get a better version of the game a few months later for a discounted price. (Don’t get me wrong, I really hope that I’m proven wrong here but I just don’t trust EA as a company after many iterations of sports titles)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
That is an excellent question! Haha. Honestly Im humble enough to admit I am not really sure. All I know is the game I spent $60 bucks for at launch was definitely worse and had many things missing from it that was later added to it. And that same game, which in my opinion was significantly better months after launch, could be bought for about half the price I spent with much more features.

This is the first time I’m seriously considering not buying UFC at launch and the main reasoning is because I can almost guarantee I can get a better version of the game a few months later for a discounted price. (Don’t get me wrong, I really hope that I’m proven wrong here but I just don’t trust EA as a company after many iterations of sports titles)
This is true but let me say this: We shouldn't expect the same amount of improvements as we saw in UFC 2 and 3 from patches. Why? Because GPD was the guy spearheading alot of those changes and he is gone. EA will absolutely add and fix things through patches. I'm just not going to assume it will be on the same level.

There is still a chance that the new dev or devs in charge of this will do as much work as GPD did but this is a new world. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #13
Pro

It really depends on what your priorities are. I get 2k on sale since I only play it offline and I don't mind waiting a few months but there's other games that I am more inclined to get on launch.

Whether I get UFC 4 on launch depends on how I feel about the game and whether I'd rather play other fighting games.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #14
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Probably not. But I am still very interested to see what they come up with.
I dont get too many games at release anymore so it is not just MMA games.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So do you think UFC3 at launch wasnt "finished" or was it finished and just "improved" after launch?
tua takedown system was unfinished for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #16
Rookie

I'm probably going to wait a few days.. I remember with UFC 3. I bought EA access to play it early for 10 hours. And I pre-ordered the champions edition for $80 to play another 3 days early..... Literally 2 weeks after the game came out it was on sale for $30

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »