Home

Dana White mode

This is a discussion on Dana White mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Dana White mode

I really want to see a universe type mode. For the UFC a Dana White/promoter mode would be appropriate.

With the rumors of Tyson Fury in the game, which I hope is true, imagine cross promoting boxing/mma fights.

Maybe rebrand event mode as Dana White mode, or make a separate mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2020, 04:38 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: Dana White mode

It's an absolute necessity for me. I'll probably skip the entire game if it's not in. Got no interest in another 3 years without immersive offline play.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Would love a mode akin to franchise mode in EA’s other sport titles. A mode where you have to negotiate fights and deal with issues like fighter pull outs with the goal being to make the UFC as successful as possible.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I’d guess majority of people that play this game would play offline and it would be worth it to add to the offline value. We’re talking a ton of replayability and many hours of gameplay.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
Banned

Will not buy the game without this mode.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

Seems like a must have for a lot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2020, 08:18 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
It's an absolute necessity for me. I'll probably skip the entire game if it's not in. Got no interest in another 3 years without immersive offline play.
I totally share your desire, but you do realise the chance of that happening is very small, right? There's 1000's of people like us that wanted something similar in the WWE games and didn't get it. Enough to actually consider making it. What makes you think a mode like this will be made for UFC, where the demand is far lower?

We'll revisit this thread in half a year, when you're all silently playing the game anyway despite these statements.

I might eat these words in they end up taking a huge dump on offline play and career is as lackluster as the last main event in the UFC. But come on: if career is decent enough we'll probably end up buying it.

And who knows: we did get "submission mode", and even though there were some errors, nobody expected it and few people play it (probably because it's very limited).

Last edited by Blackman316; 06-10-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:33 AM   #7
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I totally share your desire, but you do realise the chance of that happening is very small, right? There's 1000's of people like us that wanted something similar in the WWE games and didn't get it. Enough to actually consider making it. What makes you think a mode like this will be made for UFC, where the demand is far lower?

We'll revisit this thread in half a year, when you're all silently playing the game anyway despite these statements.

I might eat these words in they end up taking a huge dump on offline play and career is as lackluster as the last main event in the UFC. But come on: if career is decent enough we'll probably end up buying it.

And who knows: we did get "submission mode", and even though there were some errors, nobody expected it and few people play it (probably because it's very limited).
Yes I know the chance of me skipping this entire game is pretty large.

And the submission mode, stand & bang mode, are those really game modes, or merely a different ruleset?

For me, who doesn't enjoy the online part, it's impossible to play this game for more than an hour and not get bored.

I have no interest in paying for a game that's basically a roster update (that's probably already a year behind come release).

So unless EA does something to significantly improve offline replayability, I' not buying.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
MVP

I wonder if its possible to merge ultimate team and career mode into one- ultimate fighter mode.

You start out in a small organization and build up your record, basically a online career mode with the option of AI fights too.

There could be crossover fights too, especially if boxing mode is added. Start as a wrestler, boxer, bjj, kickboxing/thai fighter and eventually get into MMA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »