Home

The Fight Guys talk about new UFC 4 info, including Career Mode and CAF

This is a discussion on The Fight Guys talk about new UFC 4 info, including Career Mode and CAF within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Fight Guys talk about new UFC 4 info, including Career Mode and CAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I remember when THQ tried to take Undisputed 3 to EVO. I don't think they picked it up.
Because it's a ridiculous thought to think that a casual crowd will pick it up. Fighting games are easier to introduce to mainstream with all the bells and whistles. UFC games are...just for MMA fans. If you don't like MMA you will never watch a stream of EAUFC, or any MMA game for that matter. Adding flashy graphics will only alienate your existing player base. It might work for pro wrestling (like WWE are doing this year), but a definite no-no for MMA. Even if it ticked all the competitive gaming boxes the other fighters have, it will be pushed out because of its link with a real sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #66
Rookie

Anybody who thinks pre set combos are 'arcadey' should really speak to Duane Ludwig and Mark Henry about how cheesy and unrealistic their coaching is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Gion; 06-18-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #67
Rookie

I’m all for more ppl getting the game. If adding the unlock able stuff for the casuals is something that’ll bring in More traffic on the new game then I’m ok with it.

Where I have a problem is more having to do with wasting time and resources on getting those things in game over other things that the hardcore market for these games wants. Ppl have been wanting certain game modes in since the first EA UFC iteration n it’s unfortunate that some stuff still isn’t where it should be.

I understand that gameplay comes first but when you have things like only 10 hairstyles or facial hair styles for cafs n for some god forsaken reason we still can’t edit every detail after gameface is applied is beyond me.

So if we get demons n clown caf getups and Im still am stuck with picking between pubes on my face or. Full blown duck dynasty beards I’m gonna be a little pissed off. And can we get some stuff from the character models in game.

You don’t even have to make a bunch of new hairstyles just rip the hair and facial hair styles from the models that are already in the game. Idk how hard it is to do that But it’s disappointing when the wwe games character creation gets more n more complex w each iteration n here we are still stuck with Dreamcast Ufc customization options in 2020
Old 06-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
Anybody who thinks pre set combos are 'arcadey' should really speak to Duane Ludwig and Marl Henry about how cheesy and unrealistic their coaching is

Could you elaborate on this a little? Do they assign preset combos to all of their “level 2 boxers” vs their “level 3 kickboxers” ? And do their “level 1 kickboxers” not have the ability to do the more advanced combos?
Old 06-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Could you elaborate on this a little? Do they assign preset combos to all of their “level 2 boxers” vs their “level 3 kickboxers” ? And do their “level 1 kickboxers” not have the ability to do the more advanced combos?
Having to remember long strings of real life kickboxing combinations is what they built their coaching styles on. Drilling combinations on the pads and hammering it into students. To your point when do you see damien maia strike with combinations similar to tj frankie Holloway or bisping? I dont know about you but I ****ing hated getting hit with 10 shot combos by Royce's gracie in UFC 2

Old 06-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're trying to be cheeky but, well, yea? Advanced kickboxers are going to have more advanced combinations in real life

Old 06-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Are saying that the pre set combos forced you to play the way the fighters actually do? I only ask because I felt like the pre set combos definitely made it seem less realistic for me. It also took the enjoyment out of the game forcing you to memorize specific combos in order to have a fluid fight.

I wanna clarify I agree I think the striking in 3 is better haha. I’m asking specifically about the combo system
In this case I'm saying "forcing" in a positive sense.

It's good that you can do certain things with some fighters and you can't do them with others. I don't like that there is a focus on combinations and single strikes don't mean as much, but the combo system idea isn't the worst. You don't really have to memorize that much, if you know your MMA you'll know that boxing with a Nick Diaz will be more successful than boxing with Oleinik.

You are given plenty of opportunity to be creative, just not a limitless amount, and that's a good thing. You just have to pick the right striker for the things you need, rather than be able to fight like Yair with Tyron Woodley. Now, Jacare for example is still too spin-friendly for my liking, but the overall system makes a lot of sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #72
MVP

Maybe they can do signature combos. 5-10 combos for each fighter that come out faster and harder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »