Home

EA UFC/WMMA 5 Universe Mode Tutorial

This is a discussion on EA UFC/WMMA 5 Universe Mode Tutorial within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC/WMMA 5 Universe Mode Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
WMMA 5 seems like good stuff, but I would much rather have a franchise mode. Seems to be the most requested offline feature.
I dont think ANYBODY disagrees with that. ****, I wouldnt want to do all this work if I didnt have to. With that said, until we get a franchise mode, this is the next best thing.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

If EA doesn’t give us a universe mode for ufc I’m hoping another developer makes an mma game and uses the WMMA 5 characters and likenesses. I’d play that in a heartbeat. There have been so many times I’m playing and just think how I would love to play out the fights using those made up characters if I can’t do it in a ufc game lol
Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #11
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Since you put so much effort into this and under the assumption you would know about new game modes (Correct me if I’m wrong there), I’m guessing there won’t be a universe type mode in the upcoming game. I wouldn’t think you’d do such an in depth write up if there was a similar in game mode coming soon. But maybe I’m wrong and I hope I am.
Astute observation. I think you may be right.

I have a pretty good manual system for my universe and I have fun with it, so im not too disappointed (cause i wasn't holding my breath for an in game universe). Now ill keep the faith that the roster is significantly expanded and we don't get stiffed when it comes to caf slots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
Astute observation. I think you may be right.

I have a pretty good manual system for my universe and I have fun with it, so im not too disappointed (cause i wasn't holding my breath for an in game universe). Now ill keep the faith that the roster is significantly expanded and we don't get stiffed when it comes to caf slots.

What is your manual system?

FYI, the final part will be coming sometime this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #13
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What is your manual system?

FYI, the final part will be coming sometime this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use MS Excel. Been using excel since UD3 and with each game I've changed things up/"improved" it a little to make it so im spending more time playing than doing data entry (even though I have fun doing the back end creating of the cards and keeping track of records etc.)

I'd be much easier to explain it with the use of a visual aid instead of trying to just explain it but I have no clue how to make tutorial videos or even attach screenshots in here. I've shared what I have with a couple people here thru an email...but never really gave too much of a deep tutorial. If I stop being lazy and figure out how to screenshot/make vids i'd be happy to share and also get ideas on how I can improve on it.

I can tell you I use multiple tabs, some of which are formulated so I don't have to key redundant info in more than on place. I can tell you that while the entire UFC roster is noted, I don't do anything with any fighters who aren't in the game or I haven't caf'd. No simmingf, no injury system, no contract dispute system....but every in game fighter/caf has a solid and easy to read history (every fight, date, location, result, bonus etc.)
Old 07-06-2020, 12:02 AM   #14
Banned

@aholbert32 random, What do you care for most if a good mma game was created?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

I completely forgot about part 3. I may work on this tonight during the big fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 04:47 PM   #16
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I completely forgot about part 3. I may work on this tonight during the big fights.
Excited for Part 3 since it looks like I'm going to have to use this method for UFC 4.

Unless the career mode in UFC 4 has improved and this information hasn't been released yet?

Thanks aholbert.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »