Home

PRIDE, Strikeforce, WFA and Dana White's Contender Series to Likely Feature in UFC 4

This is a discussion on PRIDE, Strikeforce, WFA and Dana White's Contender Series to Likely Feature in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PRIDE, Strikeforce, WFA and Dana White's Contender Series to Likely Feature in UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4392
Forget the Pride Mode that’s extra, most important is the gameplay needs to be fluid and every aspect of MMA needs to be incorporated.

UD3 provides the blueprint, we are at game 4 and finally getting something that potentially can be great in terms of striking, wrestling, grappling and clinch. I hope the ground and pound and referee interactions with TKO wins have improved and expanded, UD3 was on point with this.

Also I hate the general double leg takedown it makes no sense and we never seen that type of takedown in the middle of the octagon. If they slow down the double leg animation when opponent stamina is drained, that should be the standard double leg and end up in guard
This times 1000! As much as I'd love to see a Pride or Strikeforce mode, unless big strides have been taken to improve the general gameplay, none of these modes will be fun if the gameplay is old and stale. I'd say it 100 more times for the people in the back......GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS SHOULD HAVE PRIORITY OVER NEW GAME MODES!!!!!

Do you know why they included Pride mode in Undisputed 3?? Its simple......the devs KNEW they knocked it out of the park from a gameplay perspective with Undisputed 3. They improved EVERYTHING, every aspect over Undisputed 2010, so why not include a new mode to showcase all these improvements?? I've actually had a little free time so I've gone back and played Undisputed 3 a good bit these last 3 months and I gotta say this........it absolutely blows my mind how they havent used the grappling system from Undisputed 3 in any of these games!! Seriously, they would have something epic if they would ditch the current setup and just go with something exactly like or very similar to Undisputed 3.

Honestly the stand up from EA UFC is pretty good, they did a pretty good job with improving it over the first 2 games IMO, its just the grappling and ground game, and submission system.....they're horrible!!!! If they could pair the ground game from Undisputed 3 with the fluid standup from EA UFC 3, sprinkle in some new game modes, man they would have an almost guaranteed winner on their hands. The formula is right there in front of them!
Old 07-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #58
MVP

Re: PRIDE, Strikeforce, WFA and Dana White's Contender Series to Likely Feature in UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
This times 1000! As much as I'd love to see a Pride or Strikeforce mode, unless big strides have been taken to improve the general gameplay, none of these modes will be fun if the gameplay is old and stale. I'd say it 100 more times for the people in the back......GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS SHOULD HAVE PRIORITY OVER NEW GAME MODES!!!!!

Do you know why they included Pride mode in Undisputed 3?? Its simple......the devs KNEW they knocked it out of the park from a gameplay perspective with Undisputed 3. They improved EVERYTHING, every aspect over Undisputed 2010, so why not include a new mode to showcase all these improvements?? I've actually had a little free time so I've gone back and played Undisputed 3 a good bit these last 3 months and I gotta say this........it absolutely blows my mind how they havent used the grappling system from Undisputed 3 in any of these games!! Seriously, they would have something epic if they would ditch the current setup and just go with something exactly like or very similar to Undisputed 3.

Honestly the stand up from EA UFC is pretty good, they did a pretty good job with improving it over the first 2 games IMO, its just the grappling and ground game, and submission system.....they're horrible!!!! If they could pair the ground game from Undisputed 3 with the fluid standup from EA UFC 3, sprinkle in some new game modes, man they would have an almost guaranteed winner on their hands. The formula is right there in front of them!
I hope they copy paste the denial system from UD3. Or at least reduce recovery frames on denials so it would be the same effect... being able to immediately transition after being denied.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I cant wrap my brain around how a smaller team with a smaller budget, with less access to mo cap (hand drawn animations take considerably more time) can make such huge leaps and bounds, shoving incredible amount of content within 2 years and yet gaming's largest corporation gives us the bare ****ing minimum of what we ask for and acts like doing more than that is asking too much in a 2 year dev cycle. Like dude UD3 added not only a bunch of unique animations but they fixed the grappling, added an entirely new game within PRIDE mode, PRIDE fighters, added a bunch of film and interviews + brand new fights for the ultimate fights mode, a revamped career, and two new weight classes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I mean...they did go out of business or at the very least lose the license, correct?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #60
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I mean...they did go out of business or at the very least lose the license, correct?

THQ did, not Yuke's. THQ went bankrupt because they poured money into peripherals and projects that didn't go anywhere. It's a real shame because Undisputed 4 was in development when it got canned because THQ ran out of money. They sold the license to EA and shut up shop.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
THQ did, not Yuke's. THQ went bankrupt because they poured money into peripherals and projects that didn't go anywhere. It's a real shame because Undisputed 4 was in development when it got canned because THQ ran out of money. They sold the license to EA and shut up shop.
Got it. I enjoyed Pride Mode but im also exactly the kind of demo they are describing as dying out, so it kind of hits home for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929

Not only gameplay per se, but also fighters uniqueness hopefully has improved, although what some gamechangers said was a big worrying in this regard.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Undisputed 4 would have been veeery interesting

Old 07-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
Undisputed 4 would have been veeery interesting

Man can you fathom a UFC Undisputed game on current gen consoles???? Its been what, 8 years since UD3.......in 8 years they could have worked out the kinks like the arcadish head health system, smoothed out the animations, had much more realistic fighter models, perfected Pride mode, and I'm sure added a ton of other cool stuff.......makes me sad to think of what could have been. Hard to have faith in a new EA UFC game because, well, its EA, but if they completely reworked the grappling and gave it the same attention that they gave the standup and striking in EA UFC 3, then maybe they will surprise us afterall.

I'm in that weird position where I get tired of being let down or getting my hopes up too much, but at the same time my expectations are a little higher than they were for EA UFC 3 since they've had a much longer developmental cycle this time around and they already reworked the stand up last time around so theres no excuse for not making some significant improvements with the ground game, which I think was by far the biggest area that needed improvement.

Honestly I wouldnt even be upset about the absence of Pride mode as long as the gameplay is much improved. I'm trying not to get too excited for the reveal this weekend but maybe, just maybe they will surprise us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »