Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Teaser Trailer, Confirms Backyard Brawling and Muay Thai/Kickboxing

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Teaser Trailer, Confirms Backyard Brawling and Muay Thai/Kickboxing within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Teaser Trailer, Confirms Backyard Brawling and Muay Thai/Kickboxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Heres my thing. There were some noticeable attempts to "clean up" the game between UFC 2 and UFC 3. Amount of blood was reduced, the whole finish the fight thing (Joe Rogan said UFC 2 let you hit people too long after a KO) and possibly even the KO ragdoll physics (although this could have been a byproduct of changing mechanics) ect. They seemed to want to hide the brutal side of the sport as much as possible.

Now you are telling me we are getting backyard brawls? Either someone flipped the switch and got the green light to not worry about all that (imo unnecessary) covering up the brutal side of the sport, or this stuff is indeed just cut-scenes.

I hope its the first option but I'm not holding my breath.
It's now rated M (no age recommendation, most kids start watching M movies at around 8/9 years old, includes movies like the Avengers) in Australia rather than MA 15+.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:51 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Teaser Trailer, Confirms Backyard Brawling and Muay Thai/Kickboxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
It's now rated M (no age recommendation, most kids start watching M movies at around 8/9 years old, includes movies like the Avengers) in Australia rather than MA 15+.

That’s interesting if true , I would love for EA to show the brutal nature that mma fights can be at times with nasty cuts ,gashes (lip gashes ,eyebrow gashes and etc) , bruises , hematomas ,blood flowing nonstop until the cut man gets to it (would love a cut man mini game) and more.

Also the back yard and Muay Thai stuff is probably fighter origins before reaching the amateur mma scene such as Strikeforce and etc and eventually have different routes to get to the UFC such as contender series ,TUF or straight in with a contract from Dana.

If this is the case I hope we have more player choice such as staying in the Other organizations until I WANT to go take the routes offered to be a part of the ufc. Also no longevity just player stat decay when I get older in age and decide to hang it up since I can’t hang anymore
Old 07-10-2020, 01:42 AM   #19
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
It says full reveal so hopefully all the answers about additional organizations/locations will be answered.

Kinda get those prison vibes from them like in one of the Fight Night games.. But I don’t think you ever went back there after a single fight?
No there was a actual bare knuckle mode in fight night.
You could select the prison arena or other arenas too.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:55 AM   #20
Rookie

Really crazy that this game has a teen rating instead of M rating. One of the things I did not like was the damage system in ufc 3. Atleast we have the venues, quite sure we can play in them because I do not think they would put it in the very first teaser otherwise. I guess one more day and we will know.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:46 AM   #21
Rookie

Damn, I just realized that I will not see the Mighty Mouse

Sent from my SM-G965F using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 03:02 AM   #22
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
Really crazy that this game has a teen rating instead of M rating. One of the things I did not like was the damage system in ufc 3. Atleast we have the venues, quite sure we can play in them because I do not think they would put it in the very first teaser otherwise. I guess one more day and we will know.
For what it's worth, UFC 2 was rated Teen as well and that was pretty good for cuts/bruises/blood.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:02 AM   #23
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I assume this will be the same as the press conferences, these 2 second clips is all we're going to see ingame.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #24
Rookie

On one hand I am quite happy with the new venues. I am almost 100% sure they are not for cutscenes only. The reason why I am quite sure we can fight in them is because the muay thai venue has an octagonal shape and I think it is the same shape for the backyard fights. This way they didn't need to change the physics for the ring so it is basically the same but different skin. I saw an interview with the ea producer in which he confirmed that it was basically too much work to implement a square ring in ufc 3 because of the physics. On the other hand I am quite sure that we do not have a pride mode or square ring because of the above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »