Home

So the CAF's have been pretty much destroyed?

This is a discussion on So the CAF's have been pretty much destroyed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question So the CAF's have been pretty much destroyed?

From the info im reading they pretty much destroyed the CAF's in general....the Ultimate Team mode which is specifically for CAF's is gone. They now added what sounds like a preset for stats? So there is no editing of stats anymore?

I also did not see anywhere that said "you can edit your move list for your caf's" so hopefully someone else can post on here with more knowledge and at the very least confirm/deny this.

I love the fact that you cant max out your CAF anymore, i feel like this was just common sense move that was allowed to go on for way too long for what ever reason. However i dont like the whole "preset" idea just so that you can play in ranked mode with them....i always like to customize my CAF as much as possible, from every aspect, and i really hope i can edit my move list because otherwise i wont be buying ufc 4 just like i didnt purchase ufc 3 after the beta testing when i found out they destroyed the UT mode in the most disgusting way possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: So the CAF's have been pretty much destroyed?

Yeah... I don't really mind as much about the preset stats, but having preset moves kinda bothers me. Basically there's only 12 types of CAF possible to make. Any other differences are cosmetic.

I'd at least like to be able to have a limit on points to spend or something, and then use those points to add moves to my CAF.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

For people like me that have literally never played online not being able to distribute stats as I see fit is a huge issue. I can't think of a mainstream sports game that doesn't allow this NBA2K, Madden, Fifa, even the WWE games. It seems like a simple fix to just limit CAF attributes when they are used online, but for offline modes it makes no sense to not have full customization ability.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I've got to be honest this isn't great. As an offline player only I feel like we are being shafted a bit to make way for a feature that the online players themselves don't want.

As others have said, I don't totally despise the idea of stats being normalised (although ideally I'd like free control of those too) but being able to assign the moves themselves to the fighters is something that I feel is very important.

It almost sounds counter-productive to me to put all this effort into improving the CAF system but take out one of the things that made it great. Having presets for how the player plays takes away a ton of the fun and will make every CAF feel the same.

I really hope this can get fixed because I like the sound of a lot of the other features, it seems you guys have really made some effort with this sequel, but this is a real bummer for me and effectively takes away 75% of what I use the game for, because I'm never gonna play online.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I love the fact that you cant max out your CAF anymore

Isn't that the whole point of the presets?

Let's just wait and see. They didn't tell us anything about this so far, and so far the offline options look very promising imo.

I stopped playing the - let's face it: horrible - UT mode because fighting the same generic CAF again and again just wasn't worth the time. The only fun I had was with the offline "challenges", where half of the time spend was equipping 'cards' in one of the ugliest and slowest interfaces I've seen in a AAA game. The renders on the cards were dumbed down from EAUFC2 as well.

So you won't catch me crying over the cutting of this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Isn't that the whole point of the presets?

Let's just wait and see. They didn't tell us anything about this so far, and so far the offline options look very promising imo.

I stopped playing the - let's face it: horrible - UT mode because fighting the same generic CAF again and again just wasn't worth the time. The only fun I had was with the offline "challenges", where half of the time spend was equipping 'cards' in one of the ugliest and slowest interfaces I've seen in a AAA game. The renders on the cards were dumbed down from EAUFC2 as well.

So you won't catch me crying over the cutting of this mode.
Thats not the point at all... you can have a cap on an OVR without having the presets... the presets are specifically so that the CAF's are not going to make ranked players mad basically...

Its not very difficult to cap a fighter right....without doing all this extra stuff....

This took us like 5 steps back and for what? So that CAF's could be in ranked? Something neither community wants? What is this even based on? Some phantom feedback from some community no one knows about?

I hope they use this beta to listen to feedback and adjust some of these silly limitations to CAF's.....
Old 07-11-2020, 05:08 PM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkholla
For people like me that have literally never played online not being able to distribute stats as I see fit is a huge issue. I can't think of a mainstream sports game that doesn't allow this NBA2K, Madden, Fifa, even the WWE games. It seems like a simple fix to just limit CAF attributes when they are used online, but for offline modes it makes no sense to not have full customization ability.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkholla
exactly.. it is a simple issue.. its a simple fix.... but devs clearly wanted to make the ranked grinders feel better, so they added all these dumb limitations so that they can sell the CAF idea in ranked... see its the "cafs in ranked mode" thats causing all these problems, something that i personally dont care about, if i can use my CAF in ranked great... i love it, but if i cant customize him then whats the point of the CAF in the first place? il just use Holloway or khabib or Nate or Conor....

So many silly roadblocks and for what? To make ranked players feel better about something that isnt even asked for? smh, so many different ways to make this system A LOT better and a lot more fair for everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »