Home

Damage System Improved

This is a discussion on Damage System Improved within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Damage System Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It was less in reference to cuts and stuff, and more to the actual damage, recovery and health event tuning.

Think about the kinds of things people complained about in UFC 3 like getting 10 rocks or knockdowns in a fight.

Thanks Geoff, hope the new job is going well & cheers for replying. I guess in regards to my question about facial damage being improved i will have to wait and see when the beta drops, as what you were referring to was the actual damage tuning as you clarified. I assume at this point that it probably could not be revealed anyhow to something included or not, that is until EA say it themselves.

However if i may try to pry just a little further then let’s say hypothetically its not improved at all in terms of the face damage system i.e the exact same as EA UFC 3, then is implementing this something that could be potentially achievable in a patch like the ones you used to release or would this be too grand of a scope to be targeted for a patch?

Last edited by ab541; 07-11-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I'd love to see different knockdowns have different effects so a flash knockdown from a 1-2 isn't as devastating as a big overhand. I'm also hopeful that ground strikes can rock.

Depends on the pivot and rotation of the hip of that 1-2 , I seen people get ABSOLUTELY FLAT LINNNNNEEEED with a jab cross. Trust me all strikes can be devastating if thrown properly and on the right spot with is anywhere on the jaw line. Look at conor I sleeps people with his jab left cross and I seen people get his with overhands out of the UFC and in that barely phases people. It’s all about how the strike is delivered though , for me I looooove the right hook in the inside. Btw didn’t Edison Barboza get dropped by a snapping jab by Donald cerrrone that tells you everything right there.

Lol teddy atlas would disagree with you my friend
Old 07-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, but you could in UFC 3 too.

I think it's got a chance at being tuned much better in UFC 4.
Will we see more one shot ko's early on in fights and more emphasis on single shot power rather than combos to deal more power
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
Depends on the pivot and rotation of the hip of that 1-2 , I seen people get ABSOLUTELY FLAT LINNNNNEEEED with a jab cross. Trust me all strikes can be devastating if thrown properly and on the right spot with is anywhere on the jaw line. Look at conor I sleeps people with his jab left cross and I seen people get his with overhands out of the UFC and in that barely phases people. It’s all about how the strike is delivered though , for me I looooove the right hook in the inside. Btw didn’t Edison Barboza get dropped by a snapping jab by Donald cerrrone that tells you everything right there.

Lol teddy atlas would disagree with you my friend
That's a lot of words for agreeing with me that different knockdowns should have different effects.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #13
Rookie

get knocked down will stick to octagon cage ?
I'm fed up with these animations in UFC 3
Old 07-12-2020, 06:53 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
It was less in reference to cuts and stuff, and more to the actual damage, recovery and health event tuning.

Think about the kinds of things people complained about in UFC 3 like getting 10 rocks or knockdowns in a fight.
Oh man. I didn't believe this would get attention either (like the power modifier, though that may just be a change in controls for overhands). This is really good news, I hope the changes are clearly noticeable in the beta. Thanks for addressing it, GPD.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Damage wise and possibillity to end a fight on a single
Set of strike early on when other opponnent are cought cold
Is gamechanging To me.

If op spot on a referee stopage due to injury other than legs
Will be really neat. Focus on developping a proper
Side with defence.

Guess that if they crank up the damage To a one shot deal
Instead of a slow walk toward a tko every game leeting youre opponnent time to reverse the outcome.

To me it will some sort of be a lot more appealling To new
Player To be proud of feedback with their input and
Really make them yell and scream To their reading
And responding action To koed their opponnent.

If they do find it sastisfying they Will sell game To their peer and stick around enough To learn ropes and visual cue
So they dont get steal for not knowing the game enough...

After that... long time player Will fit in prestigious win against Well super star rooster and Will suddently appreciates To demonstrated their knowledge savagely To all bum caf they Will face in rank. Saying a short notice welcome To new ufc 4 player with chirurgical win.

Damage wise... To me is cranking the appeal et make people say... let's do one more!

Cross all game mode and replayability Will be increase According To the never fatigue of savageness side of the sport
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »