Home

EA UFC 4: Geoff Harrower Strikes Again

This is a discussion on EA UFC 4: Geoff Harrower Strikes Again within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 4: Geoff Harrower Strikes Again

I honestly think GPD did everything he could do with what he had and the game was better off with him. Also don't judge UFC 4 until you've actually played it.

Last edited by iverson91; 07-13-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #10
Rookie

I'm not gonna bash you for disliking a game, but I think its b.s. that you're ripping on a guy who was active on here(still is) and comes in here and communicates with everybody, doesnt just tell us what we wanna hear and ride off into the sunset. He shoots us pretty straight and tells us when it's something that cant or wont be fixed. He comes in here knowing half the people are gonna do nothing but trash this game regardless and he still posts anyway. And if you do dislike this game, how about you at least play it first, you claim itll be "the exact same" yet you havent played it nor have we seen actual gameplay footage.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #11
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Wouldn't be a EA UFC launch without a troll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #12
Banned

I'm one of the biggest detractors here. But the whole point of having a different point of view on something and saying something is because you want things to improve. I've never seen you say one thing to add any ideas to the game. So if you arent contributing but still trashing a game you haven't played you should blame yourself or dont buy the game.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I'm one of the biggest detractors here. But the whole point of having a different point of view on something and saying something is because you want things to improve. I've never seen you say one thing to add any ideas to the game. So if you arent contributing but still trashing a game you haven't played you should blame yourself or dont buy the game.
We shouldnt bash the guy or put "peer pressure" on him to think how others think... It should be ok for him to not be a fan of a dev and he does have a few valid points....if they are true or not in response to those faults being put on the correct person is a different story.

Also lets be honest, the amount of feedback we provide, for YEARS now, i dont think it has made any significant changes, im sure some GCer is going to come in and say "no no no they listen to us and have made massive improvements" but then we get ufc 3 UT system, the most pathetic excuse and downgrade from game to game ive seen yet.

Then we go from ufc 3 to ufc 4, and now we have no UT mode(devs fault) CAF's are super limited, cant customize skills, cant customize move sets cant even decide what division we want to compete in... and then we are told "just provide feedback and it will all be ok" at some point i cant blame people for being frustrated and not wanting to participate in a delightful tea party convo.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
I just saw the UFC 4 trailer and wow... Just wow.

I couldn't be more disappointed in the little bit of underwhelming gameplay I saw. This truly will be more of the same that we all have seen for almost the past decade.

I know Geoff got a lot of love when he announced his departure from EA and these UFC games. However, I was pretty happy. I feel that these games have been poorly received by the general public for good reason; they are portly balanced, incomplete upon release, and devolve into a game of who can so the spammiest/cheesiest BS the most effectively (online).

When I read last week that Geoff had worked on 75% of this game's development I sh"t a brick. I knew what was coming and knew it wasn't going to be anything different that we have seen in the past.

This game will be broken (at least for online players) upon release and will require several patches to become reasonably playable.

Maybe this is a good thing though, I simply will not go through this again with another EA UFC game. Maybe I'll just spend more time outside hahaha!
Gtfo you troll
Old 07-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
We shouldnt bash the guy or put "peer pressure" on him to think how others think... It should be ok for him to not be a fan of a dev and he does have a few valid points....if they are true or not in response to those faults being put on the correct person is a different story.

Also lets be honest, the amount of feedback we provide, for YEARS now, i dont think it has made any significant changes, im sure some GCer is going to come in and say "no no no they listen to us and have made massive improvements" but then we get ufc 3 UT system, the most pathetic excuse and downgrade from game to game ive seen yet.

Then we go from ufc 3 to ufc 4, and now we have no UT mode(devs fault) CAF's are super limited, cant customize skills, cant customize move sets cant even decide what division we want to compete in... and then we are told "just provide feedback and it will all be ok" at some point i cant blame people for being frustrated and not wanting to participate in a delightful tea party convo.
I get what you're saying and I absolutely wont try to dissuade somebody's opinion on something, but just seems kinda baseless when none of us, other than the GC's; have seen this game in action, we havent played it yet, so seems a little premature to talk about it being the exact same thing as last year. Would make much more sense if he said this after playing the beta but its inevitable, some people make their mind up before they even see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT

You're pretending like Geoff had final say over every single change in the game. The facts are that every single UFC game got MUCH better over the course of it's patch cycle. Geoff was instrumental in implementing feedback from the community. I can personally say that I would've never been active on these forums if he wasn't for him specifically.

Whether or not this game is loved doesn't change the work that man has done.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »