Home

Limited Offline CAF Options

This is a discussion on Limited Offline CAF Options within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Limited Offline CAF Options

There’s already a thread about the problems with the current implementation of CAFs in ranked, but I wanted to give the other side of the problem.

I’m mostly an offline guy. UFC is one of the only games I occasionally play online, but 90% is offline. I set up a spreadsheet and cards and track all the win/losses, champions, etc, flipping a coin to decide who I control.

CAF has been a fantastic tool for filling in some of the gaps in the roster. Sometimes it’s a new fighter on the scene that they haven’t added yet or, later in the cycle, will ever get around to adding. Sometimes it’s a guy from another promotion. Sometimes it’s a vet who just didn’t make the cut.

I would spend a decent amount of time getting the stats and moves just how I liked them. I had a lot of fun with that, even sometimes watching an old fight or two to figure out the moves I wanted to give them. It led to some high quality guys who really fleshed out the game for me.

From the sound of things, CAFs will no longer be nearly as customizable. There will definitely be a cap, and it sounds like there are significant limitations to assigning moves and moving around attribute points within the archetype. That really sucks for what I like to use CAF to do.

There’s a fix. Give us an offline only CAF tool with the same old options with moves and attributes. That’s all it would take for me to be happy. I very much hope they’ll consider what we offline players are using CAF for and will take us into consideration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Limited Offline CAF Options

I really hope not to be disappointed with everything that the offline mode has to do and more specifically with the CAF of created fighters.

I want to understand with your comment that we will not be able to put the statistics to our fighters to our liking, that is to say to avoid creating fighters all at 99, well as long as it was in Undisputed 3, where we could not do it either, but we could achieve fighters with a level moderately good, it even had a button where you could create your potential at random, but never reaching very high numbers, or directly yourself to put the statistics to our liking, but with power limitation, sincerely I prefer that this was only in online mode , and offline that we put the statistics to our liking, as it has been in previous games, we will be there.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #3
Rookie

I am afraid of being disappointed with the CAF, I hope that is not the case, and although we have certain limitations these are not so serious, even so I prefer that this only be in the online mode, and that at the offline level they leave us total freedom to create our fighters, both in terms of statistics, and in the number of fighters we can keep, it would be a disappointment for me to continue with such ridiculous numbers as 22 or a little more, I want at least 100 places, in reality I would love to get much beyond 200 🙏
Old 07-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

100% agree. Offline/universe is how I play and news about slashing our editing capabilities seems bananas to me. I understand that a decision was made to focus attention/energy into other aspects of the game but, why go and take a step backwards in another mode that already had something established? Don't get your hopes up about caf slots either.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
Pro

LarsP's Arena

It is frustrating yes, but not surprising. For years now, accross most of their sports games, EA is actively trying to kill of any possibility of an enjoyable offline experience. I mean, not having a Universe mode again is one thing, but just removing offline CAF's completely is just taking the piss.

FIFA's CM gets worse every year, we had the #FixMaddenFranchise debacle.

Except for the expanded WFA, Career Mode seems largely the same this time, forced GOAT path etc. etc.

I hope people will have fun with the game, but I have no interest in fighting Thanos online or stringing together meaningless exhibition matches offline, again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

I don't understand the rationale. The foundation for CAF freedom was already laid in 3. Why take a big step backwards? And how many times have we asked for more CAF slots? Is it really that costly and/or time consuming to at the very least double up? What did Madden have this last time around? 125-130 caf slots?
Old 07-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

I am reading many links in this forum, where the few possibilities that will be given in the edition of CAF statistics are discussed, but among the things that one of them heard that I did not finish understand and that is why I am concerned that it will not be possible choose the weight of our CAF, I want to think that if this were true this would only be playing online or affect what I play in offline modes, if that were so, it would leave me very annoyed, since as I have said many times I usually play in offline multiplayer tournaments, and I like to play different weight categories, I hope I'm wrong and it has nothing to do with it.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
It is frustrating yes, but not surprising. For years now, accross most of their sports games, EA is actively trying to kill of any possibility of an enjoyable offline experience. I mean, not having a Universe mode again is one thing, but just removing offline CAF's completely is just taking the piss.

FIFA's CM gets worse every year, we had the #FixMaddenFranchise debacle.

Except for the expanded WFA, Career Mode seems largely the same this time, forced GOAT path etc. etc.

I hope people will have fun with the game, but I have no interest in fighting Thanos online or stringing together meaningless exhibition matches offline, again.

Today I had planned to pre-purchase the game, but comments like this one make me think about it a bit, I want to be able to continue playing offline with my created CAFs, in offline multiplayer tournaments, in some offline event or simply in a Quick game, and I am hearing that my CAF will be capped, I will not be able to design their statistics, nor choose in the weight that I think is convenient, I am very confused with all these comments, I hope it is not, and to continue playing and enjoying as I have always played, and if to all this I can play in the new backyard o Kumite, with the rules of boxing, muay thai, kick boxing ... (in the event that adding this type of fight with its rules is not I can carry on, at least being able to continue the fight on foot as I could in UFC 3)

All this with much more room to save my created fighters, along with the improvements in the game mechanics, is what I dream of for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »