Home

Old 07-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HEAD MOVEMENT is STILL slow!

Why is the head movement still so sluggish and unresponsive?!

You just get rushed by spammers and can't move your head to setup anything. Why hasn't this been addressed whatsoever?

Getting annoyed with people being allowed to play unrealistic and still be able to win. Where's the edge given to those who have knowledge and have competed in the sport?

This game, just like UFC 3, is still a spammers wet dream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
Pro

Re: HEAD MOVEMENT is STILL slow!

I agree with this, even though I believe it is much improved from the current state of UFC 3. The ability to block while moving your head is welcome and I feel the overall standup not including takedown defense is better, I still really feel the devs are scared to allow players to use real precise movement and countering fearing it leads to frustration by players not willing to pick their shots and who just want to come straight in winging a ton of punches.

I will add though, movement is better and the strikes do not have such forward momentum as 3 which allows you to better stay on the outside and control distance. I do long for the day though when I can stay right in the pocket and dominate with great timed counters. You can counter decently at times but it is still too risky as you are more vulnerable to health events and takedowns.

Last edited by BQ32; 07-14-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
Rookie

I agree with the spammer's dream statement.
Knee-elbow still works unfortunately.

I am a bit guilty with the spam as I use Maia on the beta online and land 20+ Takedowns a fight. I'm bad at denials but good at subs and usually either GnP or subs to get the finish.

The clinch is too fast though. I went K-1 Maia and got knocked out by someone who just dirty boxed in the clinch.

This game does have imo, more potential than UFC 3
Old 07-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
Pro

Upon further testing, it is even worse then I originally thought. Spamming combos is still the stand up meta and trying to make guys miss mostly just cost you the fight unless someone wants to agree to fight at a more realistic pace and style. Add on top of this that you have to pre-deny to avoid any takedown, so your head is wide open, and certain combos are spammable to break your guard, you are once again left with few actual defensive options against a good player. It is a sad realization for me and actually think I won't be purchasing this game.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123

I am a bit guilty with the spam as I use Maia on the beta online and land 20+ Takedowns a fight. I'm bad at denials but good at subs and usually either GnP or subs to get the finish.

The clinch is too fast though. I went K-1 Maia and got knocked out by someone who just dirty boxed in the clinch.

This made me laugh out loud for real. I think everybody who's playing the beta is good at subs right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #6
Rookie

In Real Life, head movement should be quick and fast twitch. (Yes based on ratings, but any professional fighter should be able to slip away with good timing)

But on UFC 3/4 the head movement is delayed and doesn't feel "timing based". I feel I have to "pre-evade" with the head movement and footwork with angles isn't good either. I shouldn't have to do a giant leap on one direction to keep the opponent from pressing forward the whole fight with jab-jab-hook or jab-ultra fast overhand.

-__-
Old 07-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_Adriyel_12
In Real Life, head movement should be quick and fast twitch. (Yes based on ratings, but any professional fighter should be able to slip away with good timing)

But on UFC 3/4 the head movement is delayed and doesn't feel "timing based". I feel I have to "pre-evade" with the head movement and footwork with angles isn't good either. I shouldn't have to do a giant leap on one direction to keep the opponent from pressing forward the whole fight with jab-jab-hook or jab-ultra fast overhand.

-__-
It's actually even worse then having to pre-deny. Depending on which fighter you use, if you pre-deny under 75-100 milliseconds you still will get caught with the punch even though you had imputed your commands before your opponent imputed the strike thrown. I just can't understand why they think blocking tons of shots is the primary defense in MMA because is down the list after footwork and head movement. It also creates a very unrealistic playstyle and promotes strike spamming. Head movement while blocking doesn't allow you to counter either so they are really trying to keep the striking close to 3 with a stand up rockem sockem robot feel to it. I guess they think more casuals will want to play a rocky game rather then a striking sim.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123

Also, someone who was a dev, but not for EA, just happened to be a dev, said that their betas would be 2-3 month old builds, and were there for crash performance corrections mostly. So, EA probably has a more polished version already there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »