Home

4 games in and only one new position?

This is a discussion on 4 games in and only one new position? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #9
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 4 games in and only one new position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
Yet UD3 on a limited budget offered something for casuals and hardcore fans alike. It can be done, it's just a question of whether they care enough to do something like that?
Yeah well EA is a notoriously evil and greedy company.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I’ve played NBA 2k every year since it’s inception. After a few iterations it became focused on casuals. Eventually they added sliders at the request of the community and eventually added “simulation” settings a few years ago.
Same here

2k was originally all about sim and added sliders well before they started focusing on casuals.

Even now their Out of the box and “simulation” modes aren’t realistic at all. 2k does however give us the means to edit everything ourselves but I definitely wouldnt point to default 2k gameplay as simulation ball.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:01 AM   #11
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Same here

2k was originally all about sim and added sliders well before they started focusing on casuals.

Even now their Out of the box and “simulation” modes aren’t realistic at all. 2k does however give us the means to edit everything ourselves but I definitely wouldnt point to default 2k gameplay as simulation ball.
No but with adjustments you can definitely get a very realistic game of basketball and you can have custom leagues with your own settings. If we get that for UFC that would be a massive improvement. It would be like ESFL without all the cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
No but with adjustments you can definitely get a very realistic game of basketball and you can have custom leagues with your own settings. If we get that for UFC that would be a massive improvement. It would be like ESFL without all the cheese.
Yeah online sliders would be heaven. Especially if we could edit the roster use it online.

But the main point was that default gameplay has been gearing more and more towards street ball / casual play.

It’s a business at the end if the day but I do hope we get full customization at some point.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:17 AM   #13
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Full customization and online (massively expanded) sliders is the best we can hope for I think. At least that way we could tune the game how we want to play without it affecting anyone else’s experience.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:18 AM   #14
Banned

Please... limit the conversation to the topic I actually discussed... new positions... noone here gives a damn about sliders atm... because we got so little in terms of the ground and other areas of gameplay..
Old 07-16-2020, 12:26 AM   #15
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Please... limit the conversation to the topic I actually discussed... new positions... noone here gives a damn about sliders atm... because we got so little in terms of the ground and other areas of gameplay..
In the other thread when I suggested the idea of them adding new ground positions you laughed and said that it was false hope to think that they would add more ground positions after launch, so what do you want to discuss exactly?

You just made a thread to bitch about something you believe has no chance of changing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
In the other thread when I suggested the idea of them adding new ground positions you laughed and said that it was false hope to think that they would add more ground positions after launch, so what do you want to discuss exactly?

You just made a thread to bitch about something you believe has no chance of changing?
Lol funny you call something the community has been vehement about bitching.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »