Home

4 games in and only one new position?

This is a discussion on 4 games in and only one new position? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #33
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 4 games in and only one new position?

Tekken has no licence fees and no stakeholders or higher bosses that just go on profit. Its namco bandai and all those beat em ups are traditional japan culture,made for the people and not the money.

Thats a cultur thing.
Traditions or greed n money but anyways...

I think its wrong we have 1 ground position more in 10 years. I have to think back and as i remember ufc1 sucked bad,sure it was a new foundament, ufc2 had improved ground with a lot more gnp n position.ufc3 again changed the standup so now its the clinch and some ground stuff that gets an overhaul.
For me its ok,just the time is too long.
Thq did all that in 5 years.

Last edited by lahonda; 07-16-2020 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 AM   #34
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Here is answer. They mean casual fans.

I didn't get a lot of playing time on the beta. Are you saying theres no double or over under up against the cage or stalling up against the cage anymore?
Old 07-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I didn't get a lot of playing time on the beta. Are you saying theres no double or over under up against the cage or stalling up against the cage anymore?
Over/Under against the cage is definitely in the game. Stalling is just harder to do but still possible. Not sure if double under is in but I did get taken down with the belly to belly suplex that you can only get from double under in ufc 3.

Last edited by Seymorslash; 07-16-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Please... limit the conversation to the topic I actually discussed... new positions... noone here gives a *** about sliders atm... because we got so little in terms of the ground and other areas of gameplay..
https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...-major-changes

This is from the creative director of the game.

What changes can be expected to grappling?

Grappling was definitely a major focus for our team going into UFC 4. We wanted to make grappling more accessible from a control standpoint, which led us to develop the grapple assist option. Grapple assist is a new control option that makes it simpler for new players to get involved in the ground game. The legacy controls are still available for experienced players. In addition to that, we’ve added a number of new ground animations to improve the experience regardless of which control option you choose.

The focus was "to make grappling more accessible from a control standpoint"

You don't have to like it but it is what it is. Complain all you want but I think with emphasis on accessibility and things like costumes, pre fight emotes, ect they've made it clear what direction this game is going.

Do what you want with that info
Old 07-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #37
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

You don't have to like it but it is what it is. Complain all you want but I think with emphasis on accessibility and things like costumes, pre fight emotes, ect they've made it clear what direction this game is going.

Do what you want with that info
At this point we probably have more chance at a UFC: Battle Royale mode than an actually good career or universe mode.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Please... limit the conversation to the topic I actually discussed... new positions... noone here gives a damn about sliders atm... because we got so little in terms of the ground and other areas of gameplay..
Don't tell people what to talk about.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #39
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymorslash
Over/Under against the cage is definitely in the game. Stalling is just harder to do but still possible. Not sure if double under is in but I did get taken down with the belly to belly suplex that you can only get from double under in ufc 3.

Thanks for the heads up man
Old 07-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
At this point we probably have more chance at a UFC: Battle Royale mode than an actually good career or universe mode.
We have that and it's called Blitz Battles

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »