Home

4 games in and only one new position?

This is a discussion on 4 games in and only one new position? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
4 games in and only one new position?

So did you just completely disregard everything we asked for - for the last four years? While mobility was added to the clinch so much was taken away like just being able to transition to overunders or double unders. And the piece we need to blend striking and grappling together isnt there. Cage seated

Last edited by 1212headkick; 07-15-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 4 games in and only one new position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
They definitely hate double under hooks and being pinned against the cage unable to do anything.

They hate that a lot.
Here is answer. They mean casual fans.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
Banned

So we just are waisting our time here?
Old 07-15-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Here is answer. They mean casual fans.
GPD said that if it weren’t for the casual fans buying the game, it wouldn’t exist.

So I guess that means two things:

1) That the alternative is having no UFC game at all
2) That the more casuals are brought on board, the bigger the budget will get, and eventually we may have a chance to have some more sim/realistic gameplay options. It’s clear after nearly 4 iterations that’s not gonna happen until the game gets a bigger budget.

It’s a super tough pill to swallow. It upsets me greatly, but I get it. I personally believe deep down inside that a more sim game would sell and that difficulty and complexity isn’t automatically a turn off for gamers if it’s a rewarding experience. But EA feels a different way, and until this game can grow, we are never gonna be satisfied with what we get.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Man idk...just makes you wonder. But its reasons like these why I really wish THQ didnt go under and why I still keep UD3 around. Its still to early to say, but it may just go down as the G.O.A.T. If EA puts out a 4th title and still cant put UD3 to rest, then i honestly dnt kno what to think. Still early though...lets.wait and see first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 11:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
GPD said that if it weren’t for the casual fans buying the game, it wouldn’t exist.

2) That the more casuals are brought on board, the bigger the budget will get, and eventually we may have a chance to have some more sim/realistic gameplay options. It’s clear after nearly 4 iterations that’s not gonna happen until the game gets a bigger budget.

It’s a super tough pill to swallow. It upsets me greatly, but I get it. I personally believe deep down inside that a more sim game would sell and that difficulty and complexity isn’t automatically a turn off for gamers if it’s a rewarding experience. But EA feels a different way, and until this game can grow, we are never gonna be satisfied with what we get.
You let me know of a single game that focused on casuals and looped back around to make things “more realistic”

Once casual online/mobile gamers become the target the vast majority of games nose dive in quality.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

Yet UD3 on a limited budget offered something for casuals and hardcore fans alike. It can be done, it's just a question of whether they care enough to do something like that?
Old 07-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #8
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You let me know of a single game that focused on casuals and looped back around to make things “more realistic”

Once casual online/mobile gamers become the target the vast majority of games nose dive in quality.
I’ve played NBA 2k every year since it’s inception. After a few iterations it became focused on casuals. Eventually they added sliders at the request of the community and eventually added “simulation” settings a few years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »