Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2020, 07:23 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Nope. I’m actually advocating for balance. How is it balanced for defense to take 10x more skill than offense? That’s actually pretty realistic. Anyone can wing punches, but utilizing proper headmovement, footwork, etc to defend yourself takes a lot of skill (reflexes). You are advocating for something to be incredibly unbalanced for the average player because you have a gigabit internet connection and lab **** all day.

Why don’t you just post a video of you beating relentless pressure? You know, to educate us all on how easy it is.

You must have missed where I advocated for more stopping power on single strikes and counters. I’m not saying pressure shouldn’t be debuffed a little bit. I think it should, but not in the way you are suggesting. Stamina is fine for the most part.

Also, defense against pressure is mind numbingly simple. The major back lunge avoids almost any strike even from clinch range. Chances are if you are backed up against the cage, the opponent leads with a straight punch. And if they don’t, almost no one leads with a rear hook. Just lunge the opposite direction and you are now behind them.

If someone is coming at you aggressively block block the onslaught or dodge it into a clinch. Two body knees from the MT clinch await them because everyone blocks the head.

If someone is getting predictable with leads, shoot a double, bail into the OU, and then two hooks to the head because for some reason people only block the body because of takedowns. Once they catch on, knee to the body.

Simply getting someone in the clinch or putting them on the mat causes way more stamina drain for them than in 3.

You want to fight stand up vs. stand up only? You aren’t using all your tools, but you can still lunge. Teep kick dudes - body to push them away, head when they catch on. I mean ****. I dunno man, there’s a bunch of things you can do. I don’t know what to tell you.

When the game drops I absolutely will post some gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #402
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions

If I pace myself I can manage to not be gassed (as in visibly gassed in the game) after 5 rounds. When I go a bit crazy and look for the finish early and don't get it, I've been badly gassed in the third round, even with top fighters.

I think stamina is in a pretty good place, but still could be improved with some minor tweaks.

Counter punches should do more damage to make pressure more dangerous to do.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:43 PM   #403
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
You must have missed where I advocated for more stopping power on single strikes and counters. I’m not saying pressure shouldn’t be debuffed a little bit. I think it should, but not in the way you are suggesting. Stamina is fine for the most part.

Also, defense against pressure is mind numbingly simple. The major back lunge avoids almost any strike even from clinch range. Chances are if you are backed up against the cage, the opponent leads with a straight punch. And if they don’t, almost no one leads with a rear hook. Just lunge the opposite direction and you are now behind them.

If someone is coming at you aggressively block block the onslaught or dodge it into a clinch. Two body knees from the MT clinch await them because everyone blocks the head.

If someone is getting predictable with leads, shoot a double, bail into the OU, and then two hooks to the head because for some reason people only block the body because of takedowns. Once they catch on, knee to the body.

Simply getting someone in the clinch or putting them on the mat causes way more stamina drain for them than in 3.

You want to fight stand up vs. stand up only? You aren’t using all your tools, but you can still lunge. Teep kick dudes - body to push them away, head when they catch on. I mean ****. I dunno man, there’s a bunch of things you can do. I don’t know what to tell you.

When the game drops I absolutely will post some gameplay.

I will try what you suggested here. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #404
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
People are also worried IRL because they want to avoid brain damage. Video games don't have physical consequences so I believe there will always be a large portion of the player base who wish to bang regardless of how viable it is.
Thats a good point about the brain damage. No real way to replicate that unless you went full CAF online and all of them had a shelf life of damage. Once it's over, that CAF is done and you're forced to work your way up the leader board with a different one.

This way, yeah you could win some fights by sustaining damage in them. But you'd never achieve the long term goals of your ranked status unless you picked your shots better in your fights.

And with that I've probably given EA an idea and ruined everyone's life here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I will try what you suggested here. Thanks.

I really am not trying to be a huge ******* on purpose. I swear. It’s just frustrating for me. You won’t see me challenge anyone on all the dumb cosmetic choices and the removal of shorts section, etc. because I know everyone is right. It’s total BS for the playerbase to have to advocate for the addition of things already in the last game. I only care about the balance of the game. GNP is broken, the head lock and back pack are broken, takedowns are broken. There are many aspects of the game which aren’t up to par. I just don’t think stamina and pressure is one of them.

My playstyle isn’t even pressure based. I’m super methodical and I actually suck at applying pressure without a stamina advantage. I have a body shot oriented gameplan with head movement mixed in with no counters unless I’m sure it’s a straight punch coming my way. Saying pressure fighting should remain the same (for the most part) actively hurts my chances of winning fights.

I want the aggregate level of play to rise for the entire community. I spent the first year of UFC 3 raising my boy Hammer like a first born to get him to a higher level. S’all I want. I’m a god damn teddy bear in voice chat.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 08:39 PM   #406
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I'm not seeing it. The game doesn't even allow you to intentionally enter those positions in order to intentionally pursue draining the opponent's stamina in the clinch. It doesn't have to be Usman style, it could be DC style, or Colby style. Or any regular guy, clinching is tiresome for everyone. You cannot do it, the game doesn't want you to do it. As per GPD.

The clinch is fast, chaotic, you do damage or a takedown, or you disengage. No control. If you can show me a video of someone controlling another player for a prolonged period of time or until a ref separates them, I'd appreciate it. With O/U or D/U.
Prolonged clinch exchanges where one guy has his back against the cage for a long time... Generally requires some form of acquiescence on the defenders part.

When you watch Usman hold Woodley against the cage for example... That is happening in part because Woodley just sits there. Seriously go rewatch the fights. He just sits there, feet squared with barely any attempts to actually get out.

It's not like Usman just keeps him there while Woodley is moving his feet, struggling to reverse position and doing his best to escape. A lot of times, Woodley was just content with resting.

I'm only pointing this out to say.... Clinching, whether it's in the middle of the cage or against it, requires acceptance from both parties. If one guy REALLY doesn't want to clinch, usually there's no prolonged clinching.

What I would suggest is for fatigue to play a bigger role in how easily people muscle out of the clinch. Perhaps a tired fighter shouldnt be able to easily drag his feet along the side of the cage and escape through the open side. Perhaps it should be much slower. That could be explored.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #407
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelblick24
You gonna buy this game?
Nope. I'm not going to buy this game at launch. I'm just trying to play via EA ACCESS.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #408
Pro

Can i add a tip to retracted monkeys list about countering pressure? PLANT YOUR FEET before countering. Most pressure fighters will be holding left stick and just winging. When you go to counter you can not be moving forward they will beat you to the punch every time. Make sure you are a step out of range and plant your feet before you try to counter. Your strikes will come out much faster.

Everyone needs more time with the game to figure it out a bit more i think but this issue is being AMPLIFIED by marathoner.

Fix marathoner and this isnt such a big issue i think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by zeric; 08-12-2020 at 12:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »