Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Career Mode Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Career Mode Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2020, 02:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Career Mode Trailer Arrives Tomorrow at 11:00 AM ET

This actually got my hyped up a bit, it seems like its what UFC 3 should have been.
I like the fighter evolution system, and the social media thing is not perfect as you only have 2 options, but at least you have options, which is still lightyears ahead of what we had in UFC 3.

And better yet, IT IS NOT SCRIPTED ! Yay !

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
It looked like they finally put some effort in
If I want to have a Jeremy Stephens kind of career, where I never come close to the belt, let me.

I dunno man, the trailer says your goal is the become the goat, that doesn't mean you cannot be a journeyman, I mean, every single fighter's goal is to become the goat, most jut never achieve it.

It seems to me like you can be a journeyman and never quite reach the belt, or maybe i'm just in a good move and over optimistic

Edit : No kumite or backyard in career, i'm happy with that !
Old 07-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAndSweat
This actually got my hyped up a bit, it seems like its what UFC 3 should have been.
I like the fighter evolution system, and the social media thing is not perfect as you only have 2 options, but at least you have options, which is still lightyears ahead of what we had in UFC 3.

And better yet, IT IS NOT SCRIPTED ! Yay !

Also

I dunno man, the trailer says your goal is the become the goat, that doesn't mean you cannot be a journeyman, I mean, every single fighter's goal is to become the goat, most jut never achieve it.

It seems to me like you can be a journeyman and never quite reach the belt, or maybe i'm just in a good move and over optimistic

Edit : No kumite or backyard in career, i'm happy with that !

Lol you literally can be a journeyman and everyone’s goal in fighting is to be the best. If you get your *** beat a lot and win some well you are a journeyman idk what people want when it’s already there since ufc 3 lol if your not good and can’t beat high level fighters you won’t even reach the belt so idk what that guys on about. Put the difficulty on legendary if you want to be a journeyman
Old 07-30-2020, 03:18 PM   #35
Rookie

Nothing new. Same old recycled boring career mode. I feel sorry for the offline players..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #36
Pro

At least it's nice that you CAN be a can/journeyman. Career is always the first thing I do after learning the basic controls, so I might suck at first and it's nice to, you know... continue the game. I did not expect to get thrown out after two losses in EAUFC3. It's nice to make your own way instead of EA guiding you by a leash.

Didn't really see anything in the trailer that I liked, but that was to be expected. The rivalry system seems very basic but fun. Inviting people and knocking them out will be fun for a couple of times.

In typical EA fashion, they did just enough for me to purchase the game on launch, without me getting excited at all.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #37
Rookie

Atgail's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
At least it's nice that you CAN be a can/journeyman. Career is always the first thing I do after learning the basic controls, so I might suck at first and it's nice to, you know... continue the game. I did not expect to get thrown out after two losses in EAUFC3. It's nice to make your own way instead of EA guiding you by a leash.

Didn't really see anything in the trailer that I liked, but that was to be expected. The rivalry system seems very basic but fun. Inviting people and knocking them out will be fun for a couple of times.

In typical EA fashion, they did just enough for me to purchase the game on launch, without me getting excited at all.

In business what else matters?
Old 07-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #38
Banned

At this point I'm pissed off were four games in and no cage seated or butt scoots or shuffle step footwork. Anything else but gameplay is secondary. New career mode is cool but theres so much else to focus on.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #39
Banned

I'll reserve judgment on the career mode for now. Not sure if this will be a go to, multiple play through for the offline player.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #40
Rookie

Atgail's Arena

Another minor ask, does anyone know if we can export career mode fighters with their record this year?
Or simply have CAFs that aren't always 0-0 when announced in regular matches?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »