Home

These 3 GAMEPLAY Aspects Will MAKE or BREAK UFC4

This is a discussion on These 3 GAMEPLAY Aspects Will MAKE or BREAK UFC4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
These 3 GAMEPLAY Aspects Will MAKE or BREAK UFC4

Haven't been around OS much lately, been all over Twitter though @Boiler569 haha but I miss you guys!!!!

1) Ground N Pound - The Ground Game is Stale, we all know this. The basic mechanics will be the same in UFC 4 ... meaning this could be a weak spot in gameplay. However, the new Ground N Pound mechanics MIGHT change all that.

The mechanics need a lot of tuning but have promise. If the Devs are able to tune it well, it could bring a ton of life to a pretty lifeless and static aspect of the game. Not too powerful; not too weak; just right! .... Pass to Strike; Strike to Pass ... good Risk Reward ...

Need the same responsiveness with strikes and defense on the ground as we have standing, it's the only hope. Not there yet ..

2) Clinch -- self-explanatory. I'm super excited about the clinch, especially how dangerous dirty boxing can be, but this could be a double-edged sword. I can just imagine the various glitches that will be found by the community ....

Those need to be identified and snuffed out ASAP at launch.

3) STAMINA!!!! --- I was going to put the new TD/TDD mechanics & Scrambles, which are huge ... but STAMINA still needs some help. It's gotten so much better since the days of UFC 1 ... hell, Stamina was improved a lot just between UFC 3 ?Launch, and the last patches ....

But there is still too big of a benefit for being a pressure fighter. I'm hopeful that employing heavy wrestling/clinch game, and being diligent with strikes, footwork, and defense will really be able to turn the stamina game against an opponenet if they blow their load ... but we'll see.

I would like to see stamina take a bigger role in TD/TDD; Clinch Control; Speed & Damage...geez almost everything haha

Oh and my biggest pet peeve ... the 6th strike of a combo, with <20% stamina, still hitting like a sack of bricks. Nothing like avoiding a couple; blocking a couple; going for a one-strike counter to the body ... and catching that <20% stamina uppercut to the chin and getting knocked down smh lol

ACCURACY should be much more tied to Stamina too!

OK Enough Rant. But if those 3 items are in good shape within a patch or two of launch, UFC 4 will be successful.

But if they turn into a mess .... or Devs try adjusting too many things at once and everything is out of balance ... lookout below!!!

Hoping for the best! Can't wait!!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: These 3 GAMEPLAY Aspects Will MAKE or BREAK UFC4

1. GNP: They need to remove the auto postured GNP or significantly increase its duration.
2. Clinch: Clinch is great now but it would be helpful to have a HUD for transitions.
3. Stamina: Grappling stamina is in a good place but striking needs to be more punishing.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Takedown Defense/Submissions
-----------------------------------------
This is my number one concern headed into next week. Every bum who played the beta had a chance to win because of how difficult it was to stuff a takedown. Defending a submission was even worse - it was pretty much an instant win once it got to that point.

Gamechangers might have insight into how to have more success, but those are important aspects of the fight that shouldn't be only understood by those with development insight. It shouldn't be that difficult - we're not novices.

Head movement

--------------------
I didn't think that head movement was necessarily poor (and I love being able to move and block), but slipping punches was on point last game. It felt a little sluggish for me during the beta, and I was getting caught with shots when I thought I should've been offline. But that could've been a tracking issue too. I really need to play the game again and see how I feel then.

Regardless, I only felt like head movement needed a minor tune.

Stamina
----------
Most of my fights didn't last enough to get a good gauge of stamina. I don't remember anything abnormal about it though. If stamina remains close to what it was in UFC 3, I'd be fine with that. However, I'd like to see stiffer penalties for whiffing with consecutive shots
Old 07-31-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Haven't been around OS much lately, been all over Twitter though @Boiler569 haha but I miss you guys!!!!

1) Ground N Pound - The Ground Game is Stale, we all know this. The basic mechanics will be the same in UFC 4 ... meaning this could be a weak spot in gameplay. However, the new Ground N Pound mechanics MIGHT change all that.

The mechanics need a lot of tuning but have promise. If the Devs are able to tune it well, it could bring a ton of life to a pretty lifeless and static aspect of the game. Not too powerful; not too weak; just right! .... Pass to Strike; Strike to Pass ... good Risk Reward ...

Need the same responsiveness with strikes and defense on the ground as we have standing, it's the only hope. Not there yet ..

2) Clinch -- self-explanatory. I'm super excited about the clinch, especially how dangerous dirty boxing can be, but this could be a double-edged sword. I can just imagine the various glitches that will be found by the community ....

Those need to be identified and snuffed out ASAP at launch.

3) STAMINA!!!! --- I was going to put the new TD/TDD mechanics & Scrambles, which are huge ... but STAMINA still needs some help. It's gotten so much better since the days of UFC 1 ... hell, Stamina was improved a lot just between UFC 3 ?Launch, and the last patches ....

But there is still too big of a benefit for being a pressure fighter. I'm hopeful that employing heavy wrestling/clinch game, and being diligent with strikes, footwork, and defense will really be able to turn the stamina game against an opponenet if they blow their load ... but we'll see.

I would like to see stamina take a bigger role in TD/TDD; Clinch Control; Speed & Damage...geez almost everything haha

Oh and my biggest pet peeve ... the 6th strike of a combo, with <20% stamina, still hitting like a sack of bricks. Nothing like avoiding a couple; blocking a couple; going for a one-strike counter to the body ... and catching that <20% stamina uppercut to the chin and getting knocked down smh lol

ACCURACY should be much more tied to Stamina too!

OK Enough Rant. But if those 3 items are in good shape within a patch or two of launch, UFC 4 will be successful.

But if they turn into a mess .... or Devs try adjusting too many things at once and everything is out of balance ... lookout below!!!

Hoping for the best! Can't wait!!!

Its not where your stamina is when the last strike of a 6 piece family combo gets the knock down, its where your stamina was at the start of the combo, as the start stamina power carries through... That’s how the combo system works. The problem is you’ll rarely see a combo longer than 4 piece meal for two.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-02-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
Banned

What you guys don't realize yet, is that there's not enough depth in the clinch for a HUD!

Its completely broken, trust me on that. No control. No double undeRhooks AT ALL.

No actual over under input that's not a result of a takedown denial, or against the cage.

NO clinch transitions back to neutral clinch from submissive clinch positions. Such as:

side single collar SUB, no transitions back to neutral clinch. Only option is to escape.

Back clinch SUB, no transitions back to neutral clinch. Only option is to escape.

Back against the cage over under, no way to stay in the clinch and spin the opponent's back into the cage in the clinch.

Muay thai submissive fighter can only escape too, no transition back to neutral clinch.

For as much as they try to sell us on this "awesome" clinch, they sure don't want us staying in it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 11:38 PM   #6
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Agree with all of these points.

My biggest concern is the lack of stamina tax on blocked or whiffed strikes! Please lets not have a repeat of UFC 3 where people can throw strikes without thinking and still have enough gas in round 3.

Cardio is a huge part of MMA and it needs to be respected. Force people to think before they throw. In the heat map here, you can CLEARLY see the avg amount of strikes thrown in a 3 round fight. The highest is Women's Strawweight and they average about 56 STRIKES THROWN PER ROUND!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...anded_strikes/

The Stamina aspect of EA UFC seriously needs to be tuned to bring it closer to realism. We do not need another year of guys throwing over 100 strikes per round and being successful from this.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 08-02-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:52 AM   #7
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

So I just saw this on Reddit. Thankfully the stamina seems more forgiving in UFC4, so we can have a barn burner like this every fight.

IIIIIIITTSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMEEEE!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198AEEA6-EC5E-4C52-BFEB-069A9C9A8197.jpg (154.6 KB, 84 views)
Old 08-03-2020, 06:17 AM   #8
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
So I just saw this on Reddit. Thankfully the stamina seems more forgiving in UFC4, so we can have a barn burner like this every fight.

IIIIIIITTSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMEEEE!!
You guys don't really think they're gonna care about realistic stamina after they're forcing you to fight tigers and bears?

This is going to be 2,5 years of UFC skinned Mortal Kombat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »