Home

Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

This is a discussion on Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

LOL atleast they arent wearing the helmets/masks while fighting in the cage but wearing a helmet/mask while training is so effin cringe! Did EA hire Henry Cejudo to be a producer on this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
This might be an unpopular opinion but I really don’t care about all the silly stuff, CAFs in ranked, etc. honestly if it would have increased the sales of the game I wish it would have been implemented earlier. I think we would have overall gotten a higher quality product if that had been the case.
That just means they would focus their attention more on that aspect of the game. Look at most sport games, there aren't too many substantial gameplay improvements from each iteration. In fact, sometimes the quality decreases to support the revenue-streams more. If this increases sales it just means we will have more with that, and honestly, I don't care anymore.

This long post isn't an attack on you, i'm just ranting in general.

I've given up on caring whether this game is sim or not. I've been pretty adamant since UFC 1 that I want an authentic UFC experience in a video game format, I'm an MMA junkie. I've watched every card from pride to modern time. I've never paid a cent on UT and I won't buy a cosmetic here. But EA has the license, so if I ever want to see Kamaru in a cage I have one option. Every step we try to take in the right direction seems like a huge battle, and eventually we get a bunch of garbage like this with some good things added by those who cared and protested.

I find it kinda funny and sad when you have people (not you) who make these long *** threads with sections highlighted and bolded on interesting ideas that EA honestly doesn't care about. It feels like a wasted effort at this point and at best you can probably make threads about small tune ups.

MMA is exciting and fun, but the people who make the final call don't understand the sport. We have really good people who have had their voices shut down, and many of them quit because they become the scapegoats even though they're the ones trying to give us what we want.

So I'll play the lion headed (if free) obese featherweight with insane knockout power and do my fortnight dance everytime, because maybe the people who EA actually listens to will go "Wow, this doesn't look like what I see on TV at all". And I'll still have fun on the side because there are some cool things implemented by those who actually cared that followed the direction the community wanted (like GDP and some of the gamechanger suggestions). But I'm not going to fool myself anymore into thinking that after all these years there will be a sudden change in the way the decision makers think

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 08-04-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #27
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
This might be an unpopular opinion but I really don’t care about all the silly stuff, CAFs in ranked, etc. honestly if it would have increased the sales of the game I wish it would have been implemented earlier. I think we would have overall gotten a higher quality product if that had been the case.
That’s just the thing. I don’t see how these kinds of things are going to sale the game. People who are fans of these types of things, or fortnite in general are probably not the biggest fans of the sport. I would even argue that these “gamers” are probably not fans of sports in general. Developers have to stop trying to chop away at fortnites fanbase. They have their dedicated fans base, and they aren’t goin to shift from fortnite to your product because you added animal heads and stupid dances. That’s only a part of why fortnite is successful and not the sole reason
Old 08-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #28
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCII
ea fortnite 4. Look at the comments everyone ****ting on the game. I hope this is ea last ufc game. This really made me cringe

image post

And they just go on and on and on like that. I'd be taking screen shots for an hour.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 08-04-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #29
Rookie

I'm going to ask the million dollar question; why in the HELL did they put together the Gamechangers program if they weren't even willing to listen to their feedback, ideas, and opinions?? If I was a GC I'd become completely unglued if the devs showed me all this emotes, costumes,goofy hairdos, backyard fights, kumite arena, etc.

I'd completely risk being kicked out to tell them that they are completely pointing this series in the wrong direction. I sincerely hope that this was none of the GC's idea, to make this game ultra casual friendly. I'm just trying to understand their mindset of flying people out there and discussing ideas about the game and not listening to a single word of what they had to say. This is seriously becoming a huge joke......I dont understand how they had a little bit of momentum with UFC 3 with thr improvements to the stand up, and all the subsequent patches that added a good bit of new gameplay mechanics. I was somewhat disappointed with UFC 3 as a whole but I did feel somewhat optimistic for UFC 4.

That was until I played the beta.....just felt like none of the major sore spots of UFC 3 were given attention with the exception of the grappling and clinch system. Now we have some kind of UFC/Fortnite hybrid that doesnt know if it wants to be a sim or an arcade game so it straddles somewhere in the middle. You guys were on to something with UFC 3......why oh why did you completely do a 180 and lose all that momentum and sell out to the casual crowd?? I know the priority is sales, I get that, but seriously do you think this is going to sell well??? UFC 4 sums up this whole year perfectly......a complete clusterf#@k!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
I'm going to ask the million dollar question; why in the HELL did they put together the Gamechangers program if they weren't even willing to listen to their feedback, ideas, and opinions?? If I was a GC I'd become completely unglued if the devs showed me all this emotes, costumes,goofy hairdos, backyard fights, kumite arena, etc.

I'd completely risk being kicked out to tell them that they are completely pointing this series in the wrong direction. I sincerely hope that this was none of the GC's idea, to make this game ultra casual friendly. I'm just trying to understand their mindset of flying people out there and discussing ideas about the game and not listening to a single word of what they had to say. This is seriously becoming a huge joke......I dont understand how they had a little bit of momentum with UFC 3 with thr improvements to the stand up, and all the subsequent patches that added a good bit of new gameplay mechanics. I was somewhat disappointed with UFC 3 as a whole but I did feel somewhat optimistic for UFC 4.

That was until I played the beta.....just felt like none of the major sore spots of UFC 3 were given attention with the exception of the grappling and clinch system. Now we have some kind of UFC/Fortnite hybrid that doesnt know if it wants to be a sim or an arcade game so it straddles somewhere in the middle. You guys were on to something with UFC 3......why oh why did you completely do a 180 and lose all that momentum and sell out to the casual crowd?? I know the priority is sales, I get that, but seriously do you think this is going to sell well??? UFC 4 sums up this whole year perfectly......a complete clusterf#@k!!!!!!
Not a single GC wanted to go in this direction. Not one. Not a single one.

They havent flown us out for input in over 3 yrs. They didnt take our input about this new direction until the decision was already made. We found out about the Fortnite aspects of the game in April.

With that said, I think the game will sell more than UFC 3 and thats a shame.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #31
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not a single GC wanted to go in this direction. Not one. Not a single one.

They havent flown us out for input in over 3 yrs. They didnt take our input about this new direction until the decision was already made. We found out about the Fortnite aspects of the game in April.

With that said, I think the game will sell more than UFC 3 and thats a shame.
Don't forget they did listen to the GC's on a very, very big decision that had been made and the GC's didn't agree with once they saw it.

And don't forget you're under NDA not to reveal it either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Don't forget they did listen to the GC's on a very, very big decision that had been made and the GC's didn't agree with once they saw it.

And don't forget you're under NDA not to reveal it either.
Yeah but that had nothing to do with the CAF things that people are talking about.

I'm happy as hell they listened to us on that because the conversations here would be alot different and more volatile than the ones we are seeing now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »