Home

Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

This is a discussion on Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Head accessories such as masks will not be in the actual fight in UFC 4.

Its mind boggling to me that they had a meeting and said "hey look UFC 3 did good and all but i think we can make it better by adding creature masks and silly hair styles and emotes like fortnite! fortnite is making a killing with silly addons! lets do it for UFC 4! sure it will make some players mad but think about all the 12 year olds that will LOVE putting manbearpig vs Conor Mcgregor" Who ever made that decision i get it because its a business and money is the motivation but jesus christ this is making UFC look like a joke as well as EA
Old 08-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #58
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCII
lmao they really made a joke of the sport. I wonder if israel adesanya has anything to do with the choices they made for this game? He is on the cover and he is in to that kind of nerdy stuff. If he does have anything to do with it I hope costa ktfo
I hope Costa sleeps him regardless - can't stand him
Old 08-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #59
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

As a silver lining I hope I can put pride gloves and vale tudo shorts on Nog
Old 08-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #60
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Fortnites age demographic is 7-15 year olds. I would be surprised if any of them watch or are even allowed to watch MMA. So I don’t see how adding any of this stuff is going to generate more sales with this direction. But If your EA why wouldn’t you take a shot in the dark? They are basically gambling with house money. They know they are going to do a million plus in sales already, so why not take a shot at catching the child demographic that is fortnite? Nobody is actually going to be Pissed off enough to not buy this game. Case and point there is already a ton of people on this forum alone saying things like “I hate the direction this game is taking but I am still going to buy it because there is no other MMA option”. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! If you don’t like the direction this game is taking vote with your wallet. Show some damn will power for gods sake and act like an adult. Play UFC 3. Or better yet buy a refurbished PS3 and play undisputed 3 (that’s what I did). It’s a much better and deeper MMA experience imo, and with UFC 4 slim and already outdated roster your really not going to be missing out on that many fighters anyway. But if you really care about the direction is taking and you still buy it, you can’t complain when UFC 5 comes out and there is fatalities, 7 foot tall jon jones boss battles, people wearing FUBU in the octagon, Or (insert any other over the top arcade hyperbole here). You will be a direct result of why that happened. I am not trying to wax poetic whatsoever, but I am really not going to buy this game. I will play EA access on Friday, then wait until the game is $20 at GameStop used. I can’t and will not give EA a dime of my money for this absolute travesty and mockery of the sport.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 08-05-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexGamerChannel
True, but honestly what does that look like as a game? It has to have fundamental in some from, and since 98% percent of the player base canít relate to what actual mma feels like or how it works simulation is an intangible concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I feel like a good number of people have been in a fight or two, or wrestled in highschool, did some backyard boxing at some point, practice BJJ ect.

None of those things are MMA, but it does fundamentally put you in the same position as a fighter. I thing the average person can relate more to what actual MMA feels like MUCH MUCH more than what war feels like, and game companies still try to make "Authentic" war games such as ARMA.

I've seen this argument float around here a couple of times and it seems odd to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Fortnites age demographic is 7-15 year olds. I would be surprised if any of them watch or are even allowed to watch MMA. So I donít see how adding any of this stuff is going to generate more sales with this direction. But If your EA why wouldnít you take a shot in the dark? They are basically gambling with house money. They know they are going to do a million plus in sales already, so why not take a shot at catching the child demographic that is fortnite? Nobody is actually going to be Pissed off enough to not buy this game. Case and point there is already a ton of people on this forum alone saying things like ďI hate the direction this game is taking but I am still going to buy it because there is no other MMA optionĒ. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! If you donít like the direction this game is taking vote with your wallet. Show some damn will power for gods sake and act like an adult. Play UFC 3. Or better yet buy a refurbished PS3 and play undisputed 3 (thatís what I did). Itís a much better and deeper MMA experience imo, and with UFC 4 slim and already outdated roster your really not going to be missing out on that many fighters anyway. But if you really care about the direction is taking and you still buy it, you canít complain when UFC 5 comes out and there is fatalities, 7 foot tall jon jones boss battles, people wearing FUBU in the octagon, Or (insert any other over the top arcade hyperbole here). You will be a direct result of why that happened. I am not trying to wax poetic whatsoever, but I am really not going to buy this game. I will play EA access on Friday, then wait until the game is $20 at GameStop used. I canít and will not give EA a dime of my money for this absolute travesty and mockery of the sport.
I'm a teenager and am as hardcore as its possible to be at my age. Stay up from 12-5 am to watch the events, played every EA UFC and Undisputed 2010 and 3 etc.

I was 12 when Fortnite fully took off in my age group. People that age love the skins and the emotes and masks. The emote/skin nonsense that has been added to UFC 4 is what made Fortnite so popular among that age group.

The only issue is, young teens and "tweens" like the skins that are "cool". They don't find lion head and colourful stuff "cool". They do find the dragon masks and chains "cool".

I see this game doing very well with the "tween" Fortnite crowd if they market the backyard and kumite with the chains and dragons. They don't see MMA as a sport, and they'll perceive the emotes as being no different from Fortnite.

Its age rated 16, but age ratings have never mattered. This game is targeted towards 10-13 year olds who know McGregor and Lesnar. Maybe also Nate and Masvidal.

If this game sells, they're going to renew the license and turn UFC 5 into arcade kickboxing with even more fortnite stuff.

Still hoping this game fails commercially so Yukes can take over
Old 08-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #63
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123
I'm a teenager and am as hardcore as its possible to be at my age. Stay up from 12-5 am to watch the events, played every EA UFC and Undisputed 2010 and 3 etc.

I was 12 when Fortnite fully took off in my age group. People that age love the skins and the emotes and masks. The emote/skin nonsense that has been added to UFC 4 is what made Fortnite so popular among that age group.

The only issue is, young teens and "tweens" like the skins that are "cool". They don't find lion head and colourful stuff "cool". They do find the dragon masks and chains "cool".

I see this game doing very well with the "tween" Fortnite crowd if they market the backyard and kumite with the chains and dragons. They don't see MMA as a sport, and they'll perceive the emotes as being no different from Fortnite.

Its age rated 16, but age ratings have never mattered. This game is targeted towards 10-13 year olds who know McGregor and Lesnar. Maybe also Nate and Masvidal.

If this game sells, they're going to renew the license and turn UFC 5 into arcade kickboxing with even more fortnite stuff.

Still hoping this game fails commercially so Yukes can take over
Hey kumar. Thanks for the input. Itís nice to get some insight from the someone in the demographic they are targeting.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yall dont want to know. LOL. Just be glad that the GCs were very vocal about this change.
Is it true that this change was EA trying to remove legacy grappling controls altogether?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »