Home

UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More

This is a discussion on UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0

Sounds like the CAF player can change style whenever they want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
MVP

Re: UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More

Can a dev confirm the specifics on this?

One of the meta aspects of ranked is playing against your opponenet's weaknesses. For example, if I'm fighting Jacare I will avoid the ground. Is there any way to tell what archetype was chosen when you come across a CAF? I looked at the archetype and some of these stats are pretty competitive.

And also, on the ability to switch, when does that occur? What if I always use a boxer and when I run into a grappler I pick a pure BJJ fighter. My opponent may expect a boxer from running into me before and will not know.

I feel its disadvantageous to the person picking real fighters.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:47 AM   #3
Pro

So is every created fighter under the same archetype going to have the same stats? That seems like it could get very repetitive and boring. It would be much more interesting if players could somewhat individualize their archetype choices For instance a player choosing the boxing archetype may put all of their perk stats into heavy hands and put their stats more focused into power while another player might put on fluidity and lower the power to have better speed. The two fighters would fight and feel completely different and lead to a lot more variation.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:06 AM   #4
MVP

The selected archetype needs to be displayed to the opponent. It's only fair.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:30 AM   #5
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I honestly can't listen to this guy anymore, he seems really happy with the direction of the game.

What is he even talking about, the CAF creation system is literally untouched since 2014, only they took away the options to give them the skills and moves you want. Unbelievable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 06:15 AM   #6
Rookie

A bunch of ****ing people that aren’t even hardcore mma fans and don’t know **** about my sport making a game that doesn’t represent it well. Team of people that just spit on mma in all honesty and this sport isn’t game time it’s the most serious and nerve racking thing you could ever be part of. Split lips, split eyebrows, chin to nose bones , punches, knees and elbows to the skull , a sport we’re you can check a kick and possibly snap your opponent chin bone , a sport we’re you can dislocate shoulders , choke someone unconscious , sport that any wrong slam or strike and u can kill someone or turn them into a vegetable and so much more.

Many grappling techniques ,positions and different striking styles that don’t look the same or work the same. I do Muay Thai , boxing and wrestling with some BJJ and no one in my gym fights the same and NO ONE in this sport looks ridiculous like the stuff they put into character customization and NO ONE PLAYS GAMES IN THIS SPORT with silly masks and etc. War paint during weigh in and your flag on your shoulder and the willingness to go out on your shield and die if necessary because you are a warrior and prize fighter. THAT IS THE SPORT YOUR DEALING WITH EA and your not handling it with care and the character customization is terrible it has no soul , no culture and no connection to everyday people let alone fans of mma

Last edited by Jizamurai; 08-05-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #7
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Wanna bet post-launch support for this game is going to be more stupid masks? Sharks and Zombies.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Hope we can see the other choice of fighter only in fight now.

Allways mess when the other one can see your pick.

In rank... all info should be seen once you can get the victory if he bail out.

Changing... archetype might be usefull in certain weight classe when you figure out witch fighter out of the 15 daily pick people go for.

At first might appear like allways the same but actually might bring diversity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »