Home

The lack of Top 15 Fighters is unacceptable

This is a discussion on The lack of Top 15 Fighters is unacceptable within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The lack of Top 15 Fighters is unacceptable

One Dude on reddit made a post recently about the current roster in UFC 4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EaUFC4/comm...ters_in_ufc_4/

I count 36(!) missing fighters who are ranked in the Top 15 right now. That's a damned outrageous thing to do. Instead EA give us the same outdated fighters, who have not fought for years or have left the UFC in the meantime. Personally I dont mind about all these legends and retired fighters, as long as I get CURRENT fighters and new upcoming talents. And yes I know, the roster is made, months before the release, but these things have to be considered. In other games they get it right

Personally, after the disappointingly little gameplay improvements, I was hoping for at least a current, bigger roster, but even here I was disappointed.

It is really unbelievable how EA fools its customers. In my opinion EA UFC 4 is the biggest disappointment in the last years, besides Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

Why do game publishers today so much ignore the wishes of their players? You should assume that the more you respond to your customers' wishes, the more copies you can sell in the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
MVP

Re: The lack of Top 15 Fighters is unacceptable

Sorry you feel that way.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Irish0331's Arena

It's kinda of always been this way. We'll probably see more fighters come in through DLC.

Fighter rankings change so quickly and roster turn around is so frequent i imagine it would be hard to keep up. If I'm not mistaken, i've also heard that the UFC has a say in who's in and who's out....unless thats just some scapegoat ****.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
It's kinda of always been this way. We'll probably see more fighters come in through DLC.

Fighter rankings change so quickly and roster turn around is so frequent i imagine it would be hard to keep up. If I'm not mistaken, i've also heard that the UFC has a say in who's in and who's out....unless thats just some scapegoat ****.
Itís an excuse, they could have a great modern feeling roster if they wanted to. I made a roster list more than a year ago. A handful arenít in the company anymore so they were bad picks on my part but vast majority are still around. Imagine having this roster.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...like-like.html
Old 08-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Iím as disappointed as anyone that the roster is so thin. Particularly that there arenít more new additions.

However in the context of the OP, 36 actually doesnít sound too bad. Thatís basically 3 missing per weight class. I wouldíve thought there were many more missing.

Iím praying they do a good job patching in some of the obvious misses, and relatively quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleBrew
Iím as disappointed as anyone that the roster is so thin. Particularly that there arenít more new additions.

However in the context of the OP, 36 actually doesnít sound too bad. Thatís basically 3 missing per weight class. I wouldíve thought there were many more missing.

Iím praying they do a good job patching in some of the obvious misses, and relatively quickly.
36 is just for the menís divisions, so itís closer to 4 average missing per weight class. So thatís approximately 1/4th of the menís top 15 ranked fighters missing.

If you count the women, thatís 55 missing. All together comes out to be about 1/3rd of too 15 fighters missing. So not very good.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331

Thats true but thats sort of the problem with EA's approach to rosters. They should be making a group of up and coming fighters so that when some like Kattar goes on a run and gets to the top 10...he isnt missing.

The UFC decides who is in the game but they wont object to EA adding younger fighters. They object to fighters who they have rights to but who are no longer in the UFC.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats true but thats sort of the problem with EA's approach to rosters. They should be making a group of up and coming fighters so that when some like Kattar goes on a run and gets to the top 10...he isnt missing.

The UFC decides who is in the game but they wont object to EA adding younger fighters. They object to fighters who they have rights to but who are no longer in the UFC.
This. I understand them not wanting to waste resources on fighters that won’t be around by the time the game is gone, but you could make some pretty good guesses. Not sure when the roster locks, but a year out you could probably do a pretty good job of making a roster that wouldn’t feel too far behind.

And my understanding is EA comes up with the roster the UFC approves it. Not the other way around, unless they may have a special request? And they could approach them with a deep roster and UFC would likely sign off on it assuming they have the rights. That about right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »