Home

Why can't we just get over-under via transition?

This is a discussion on Why can't we just get over-under via transition? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why can't we just get over-under via transition?

Why? It's really bad. I know, double-under is gone. but at least we can get over-under via transition.

My simple idea :
Throwing knee in the clinch : single-collar ▶ thai (already in the game)
RB + X / R1 + ㅁ : single-collar ▶ whip (already in the game)
RB + Y / R1 + △ : single-collar ▶ over-under (please make this)

Last edited by tissues250; 08-08-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Why can't we just get over-under via transition?

We need it so we can have the ability to slow the fight down. Right now that's not possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
We need it so we can have the ability to slow the fight down. Right now that's not possible.

The only way to actively slow a fight down is to take someone down and put your weight down hard or to smash them against the cage.

You can easily put someone down to slow the pace currently, but cage pressure can only slow it for a brief moment. Adding more positions and increasing the amount of time you can stall on the fence should be what people are fighting for. Stalling in double unders out in centerfield should never have existed in the first place.

The clinch in open space is never a way to slow pace irl. Itís messy and total chaos. This game comes close to representing that pretty well.

Iím also fine with double unders existing as an animation only in open space. No one is getting DU and not doing something immediately with it.

I think the devs made a critical error in thinking Usman-ing someone isnít fun. It wasnít fun before, but now the clinch is so dynamic for both fighters (except in single under which is another story about positions that shouldnít exist) now that it actually feels refreshingly fun to be pinned on the cage and working to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-08-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
The only way to actively slow a fight down is to take someone down and put your weight down hard or to smash them against the cage.

You can easily put someone down to slow the pace currently, but cage pressure can only slow it for a brief moment. Adding more positions and increasing the amount of time you can stall on the fence should be what people are fighting for. Stalling in double unders out in centerfield should never have existed in the first place.

The clinch in open space is never a way to slow pace irl. Itís messy and total chaos. This game comes close to representing that pretty well.

Iím also fine with double unders existing as an animation only in open space. No one is getting DU and not doing something immediately with it.

I think the devs made a critical error in thinking Usman-ing someone isnít fun. It wasnít fun before, but now the clinch is so dynamic for both fighters (except in single under which is another story about positions that shouldnít exist) now that it actually feels refreshingly fun to be pinned on the cage and working to get out.

I agree completely. I would bail on a takedown anyways and go for double when ik on the cage. Would like to transition to a plum from there as well.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:28 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

The clinch in open space is never a way to slow pace irl. It’s messy and total chaos. This game comes close to representing that pretty well.

I’m also fine with double unders existing as an animation only in open space. No one is getting DU and not doing something immediately with it.

I think the devs made a critical error in thinking Usman-ing someone isn’t fun. It wasn’t fun before, but now the clinch is so dynamic for both fighters (except in single under which is another story about positions that shouldn’t exist) now that it actually feels refreshingly fun to be pinned on the cage and working to get out.

Yh i agree. I must say the clinch is my favorite part of the game right now. Its fun as heck working in the clinch and mixing it up...especially when using good wrestlers/grapplers. Now I can finally use Cain and fight like Cain. My only gripe is I feel like some more clinch positions should be accessible. In specific, over/under and double under. I'd really like if we could transition to over/under from within the clinch itself, and not just when you bail on a double leg. Same with double unders. And im definitely for increasing the amount of time you can be on the fence..love embracing the grind. However, think that may be a bit too "realistic" for EA and we all know that Couture/Usman style wouldnt sit well with the casuals. But overall, im loving the clinch currently and feel like they should do a bit more with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

We have to communicate with the GCs so over unders can get patched in. But it is going to take a while. That position means more tuning for the clinch and that's a lot more work.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
MVP

any thoughts or ideas? At least we should get over-under position via transition. I think, we don't need to bring back clinch HUD. Just add transition button to get over-under like single-collar to whip.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:

I know we have disagreed in the past, but I agree with this sentiment strongly. I always thought it was weird when you could stall with the clinch in the middle of the octagon. It should be chaotic. My only problem is I was having a lot of trouble controlling someone in the clinch. Itís very hard to keep someone pinned against the cage. Maybe I just havenít figured out how to deny yet, but it feels like an automatic exit after a few seconds every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »