Home

Why didnt nick diaz get the legend treatment?

This is a discussion on Why didnt nick diaz get the legend treatment? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why didnt nick diaz get the legend treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
Uhhhhh thatís what I said. I said mma legend sure but not a UFC Vet or Legend. U canít count a man as a legend in the UFC if he has done piss poor in the UFC. Nate is more of legend in the UFC than nick.
I'm saying it doesn't matter whether he's a UFC legend. His MMA status is legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 01:04 AM   #26
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I'm saying it doesn't matter whether he's a UFC legend. His MMA status is legendary.
I mean his most high profile wins are against takanori gomi and KJ Noons. Yeah he beat Robbie like 20 years ago but they were both fairly young and inexperienced. I personally always felt like Nick was a little overrated to be honest
Old 08-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I mean his most high profile wins are against takanori gomi and KJ Noons. Yeah he beat Robbie like 20 years ago but they were both fairly young and inexperienced. I personally always felt like Nick was a little overrated to be honest
He rolled through the strikeforce ww division. Cyborg Santos, paul daley, zamorskis?? And then he put the worst beating on penn ive ever seen and had a razor close decision against condit. If you have never actually watched his strikeforce run you should check it out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #28
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
He rolled through the strikeforce ww division. Cyborg Santos, paul daley, zamorskis?? And then he put the worst beating on penn ive ever seen and had a razor close decision against condit. If you have never actually watched his strikeforce run you should check it out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Are you really trying to tell me that wins over Male cyborg (21-18), paul Daley (42-17), and zamorskiís (21-9) is considered a legendary run? Thatís not exactly a good combined winning percentage
Old 08-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Are you really trying to tell me that wins over Male cyborg (21-18), paul Daley (42-17), and zamorskiís (21-9) is considered a legendary run? Thatís not exactly a good combined winning percentage
Wasnt takanori gomi unofficially ranked as the #1 lw in the world when Nick subbed him? And Paul Daley is a very credible win particularly if you beat him striking

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2020, 02:50 PM   #30
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
Wasnt takanori gomi unofficially ranked as the #1 lw in the world when Nick subbed him? And Paul Daley is a very credible win particularly if you beat him striking

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Takanori Gomi was a japanese superstar in a japanese promotion. He started losing on the regular to not even close to top guys. MMA is a much different sport when the promoter isn’t in the back telling your opponent to take a dive in the 2nd round.

When nick beat him he was the pride lightweight champion. But he himself never fought anyone really good. And when he did, BJ penn for instance Gomi was beaten convincingly.

Don’t get me wrong. Nick is a beast and I have a lot of respect for the guy. But this is a thread suggesting he should have “legend” Or prime status. My argument is Nick is not a UFC legend, and even if it was prime version Nick, he was a slightly above average fighter in his prime
Old 08-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Takanori Gomi was a japanese superstar in a japanese promotion. He started losing on the regular to not even close to top guys. MMA is a much different sport when the promoter isnít in the back telling your opponent to take a dive in the 2nd round.

When nick beat him he was the pride lightweight champion. But he himself never fought anyone really good. And when he did, BJ penn for instance Gomi was beaten convincingly.

Donít get me wrong. Nick is a beast and I have a lot of respect for the guy. But this is a thread suggesting he should have ďlegendĒ Or prime status. My argument is Nick is not a UFC legend, and even if it was prime version Nick, he was a slightly above average fighter in his prime
So what actual stats of his do you have a problem with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #32
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
So what actual stats of his do you have a problem with?
I donít have a problem with any of them tbh. I was under the impression that this thread was an appeal to buff nick diaz. I feel like the stats are a good representation right now. Decent all around, with good hand speed but little knock out power, and the ability to submit if need be. Good cardio and decent chin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »