Home

What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

This is a discussion on What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2020, 07:52 AM   #17
Rookie

Irish0331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

I tried to cancel my pre-order and get a refund but microsoft denied it. And I quote: "Here's what we found looking into your request. We can't provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding." Smh, it's a pre-order! Game isn't playable until 8/14...lazy *** customer service people. Now I have to call them and waste my time because someone doesn't know how to do their job...as usual.

Oh well. Sucks for me because I am a student of the sport, a 25+ year fan of the UFC and I love this genre of video game. Day 1 purchase for every game since UD2009 and I played the hell out of the Tapouts/Sudden Impact/Throwdown/Pride FC games and even UFC on dreamcast.

Not this time and I know I'm not alone. Not that it'll matter because for every hardcore fan stepping back and waiting for the bargain bin and patch work, theres 5 casuals who cant wait for some wacky mustaches, cheetah speedos and backyard lion head beefs.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #18
Rookie

Irish0331's Arena

What would it get me to purchase was the question though...

Needs:
Deeper roster
More CAF slots
Full editing ability of CAFs
Ref interaction/TKO
Clinch: Feels better and worse at the same time. I dig how we engage and disengage but I don't like that we're so limited in our positions. We can't pummel back and forth? C'mon man!!
I don't play online much but I'm 150% behind the people who want CAFs removed from ranked. Have 2 leaderboards: 1 with cafs, 1 without.

Wants:
Universe mode
CAF share

If all these things were in, I wouldn't care if you let people wear flaming skull heads and Hulk Smash gloves DURING a fight (with a toggle to make sure i'm not facing ludicrous cafs if i dont want to online)....but it looks like things that are necessary were barely considered in lieu of some silly un-mma stuff.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:54 AM   #19
Pro

Nothing. There is such a disconnect in the actual product with what the game should be. And with this being the 4th iteration is just brutal.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #20
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Lmaoooo. Sign me up.
Throw me on the UD3 train...

In all seriousness:

-Fighter individuality needs to be better implemented, more signature animations are a must. The lack of varied striking animations is an absolute shame.
-TKOs/Doctor Stoppages(the latter should be exceedingly tough to force, but if someone has a bad enough cut, they should have to defend it, with a warning check giving you ample notice that if you don't, the fight will be stopped if you keep taking shots to the head)
-Clean up the standup controls, no more switch kicks on the wrong button, no more punch inputs for kicks. And at that point, also find a way to keep takedowns distinct from any striking controls.
-More complexity to the clinch, bring back double unders, pummeling, fighting against the cage, the new clinch is a good start, but we need all of MMA to be represented well here. If there's enough concern about Usman style tactics, just make the ref break that stuff up faster.
-Either bump the emotes to appear during Buffer's announcement, or axe them outright from the intro. They're ugly and out of place.
-The instant posture down needs to be adjusted, and where's the elbows and hammerfists?
-Stamina can always be tuned down, going the UD3 route with a set of sliders for arcade or sim for online quick play would be optimal, but I don't expect that to happen.

-Pride Mode and Universe Mode would be an instant purchase, but I know we're not getting those.

All in all, I just want a game that's an outright improvement on UFC3, that honestly attempts to replicate the sport as well as it can while maintaining a playable experience for a wide variety of players. I don't think this would have been too hard to have managed, but the direction of UFC4 just doesn't sit well with me, and I'll sit this one out.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Give me the option to turn off longevity and career mode. You can make the stats decrease after a certain age or something but don't tell me when I should retire. I hate that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #22
MVP

See, these contracts are actually the kind of thing I thought would prevent a universe mode from existing.

But it's in. We really should rebrand it promoter mode.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Nothing. Hope this game flops tremendously and the UFC doesn’t renew the license with EA
Old 08-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #24
Rookie

How do I cancel a pre-order on PS4 ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »