Home

What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

This is a discussion on What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What it would take for you to purchase UFC 4

- a much larger roster
- better ko animations
- TKO/ref stoppages
- more ground positions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
UFC 1 is forgivable, but this is the worst release as a whole, yet. I support this franchise, but shame on them for putting out such an unpolished product. I understand all the backlash from the community. My time will most likely be short with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It's absolutely frustrating seeing how far this game franchise has fallen. I know many of us always bring up UD3 but how can we not? That game was almost perfect when it came to realism and immersion. UFC 4 feels like a giant step backwards.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:59 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
-Improved Finish the Fight.
-Ragdoll Knockouts, even if not as impressive as UFC 2
-Referee interaction
-Remove CAFs from Ranked
-Ability to change shorts/trunk color
-Seated cage position
If they could just add 2 of the 6 things I listed I'd likely buy it. On a side note...... they chose to add all that B.S. gimmicky attire,hairstyles, makeup, fighter customizing options BUT THEY DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE FIGHTER SHARING!!!!!
Seriously, this is THE most EA thing ever!!!!!
Why add all this stupid sh#$ and not even let people share and download their creations ?????????????
4 games in and they still haven't given us a seated cage position. Unbelievable.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:01 AM   #28
Rookie

- A much MUCH larger, up to date roster. With the top 15 fighters of every division, at least. Plus hot prospects and cool action fighters (Vannata, Niko Price, Belal Muhammad, Nathaniel Wood, Bryce Mitchell...)
- No CAF in ranked
- Better finish the fight, referee interaction and tko scenarios
- MORE STRIKES AND POSITIONS DIVERSITY DEPENDING ON THE FIGHTERS
- New referees
- Stamina fixed

This will be the first UFC game I won’t buy immediately, although I’m an avid fan. But this one is just too incomplete and half-assed, I won’t bring myself to buy it if there aren’t major changes. I’m bummed because I sank (and still sink) way too much hours in MMA games, but is = is.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:34 AM   #29
Rookie

I feel bad for the guys that are on the forums for over 3 years giving feedback, information, changes they want to make the game better etc. But it looks like they won't listen and went the opposite direction with the series. Don't expect anthing to change for ea ufc 5. We will get more fortnite equipment and casual game modes nobody asked for. Hope this game will die out in 1month
Old 08-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #30
Rookie

For me to buy the game:

Give us an option to turn off emotes and cosmetics

Take CAFs out of ranked.

Remove this "1 weight class a day" BS in ranked which is obviously trying to make you use a CAF

Full and unrestricted offline CAF stat/move customisation

Absolute minimum of 40 CAF slots. This was how many were in undisputed 3

Fix cage knockdowns and add a proper cage seated

Bring back all the things taken out of the game like short select, elbows from postured up GnP, full UFC branded gear for CAFs, double under and over under from the standard clinch

Fix GnP which IMO has been completely dumbed down. When you posture up in real life you don't have to wait for some imaginary "grapple advantage" to attempt to transition. They've also taken leglocks out of postured up full guard which takes away a lot of the danger. Give us proper transitions from postured up

Add proper TKOs and flash KOs. This was in a game from 8 years ago

Give us proper clinch denial and clinch control

Give us proper UFC branding in the Apex and not just DWCS.

Actually improve event mode. At the bare minimum make it to the standard of undisputed 3.

Give us more offline modes. Classic fights from the last few years like Zhang Joanna, Gaethje vs Poirier, Conor Diaz, Yoel vs Bobby Knuckles, Costa vs Romero, Lawler Macdonald. Title chase and title defence mode. You could even have strikeforce and WEC classic fights.

Fix the stamina, which is too lenient, and damage, which is too low. Every fight right now ends up in a war that goes to a late KO. Playing technical isn't an option. The game has everyone fighting like Max Holloway.

The addition of "lower technique" kicks is nice, but it shouldn't be given to more than half the roster. It should be exclusively for fighters that throw "low technique" strikes.

Fix stats for fighters or let us change them ourselves

Give us more fighter style variety.

Give us a minimum of every ranked fighter in every division plus 5 unranked. That's a roster of 260. On top of that notable prospects and legends and you get a roster of 300. That's reasonable.

Stop trying to appeal to a casual market that isn't going to play the game when they could just go for MK or Tekken.

Universe mode/Franchise mode.

New devs and new publishers. We get told by devs that the EA games are "much better than undisputed 3". Only the striking is better. The clinch would've been better if they hadn't taken things out. Undisputed 3 came out in 2012. There's no excuse.

Sadly, none of this is likely so I'm not going to buy it. I encourage everyone to boycott the franchise. If EA keeps getting our 50 they don't need to listen to us. The hardcore playerbase makes up a good amount of their sales. EA listens to the money not to us
Old 08-12-2020, 08:26 AM   #31
Rookie

Please fix the lack of atmosphere when you ko someone, blood and cuts has to happen more frequent, add better tko animations, elbows and hammerfists, Also why is there no native 60fps in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I tried to cancel my pre-order and get a refund but microsoft denied it. And I quote: "Here's what we found looking into your request. We can't provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding." Smh, it's a pre-order! Game isn't playable until 8/14...lazy *** customer service people. Now I have to call them and waste my time because someone doesn't know how to do their job...as usual.

Oh well. Sucks for me because I am a student of the sport, a 25+ year fan of the UFC and I love this genre of video game. Day 1 purchase for every game since UD2009 and I played the hell out of the Tapouts/Sudden Impact/Throwdown/Pride FC games and even UFC on dreamcast.

Not this time and I know I'm not alone. Not that it'll matter because for every hardcore fan stepping back and waiting for the bargain bin and patch work, theres 5 casuals who cant wait for some wacky mustaches, cheetah speedos and backyard lion head beefs.
I had a little trouble cancelling also but was able to eventually convince Sony.

They said the same thing but I just explained to them that the only reason I had access to the game was due to my $5 subscription to EA Access, and I wasn't asking for that money back. I was asking for my $60 back, of which would grant me permanent access to the game, for which I wouldn't have until August 14.

They eventually relented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »