Home

Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

This is a discussion on Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 11:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Geoff Harrower, single handedly, has been the best thing to ever happen to this series. You really have no idea what you are losing. This is like losing the heart. The passion Geoff added to the community was very welcomed. I quit posting because of his handling of the series. I will come back to haunt you all if you don't give him his due!!! All he did was listen.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Operation Sports mobile app
That's exactly why I posted that we love Geoff, most of us anyways. He left and the game kinda took a different path when he left. That's why I was saying if he had full reign of this game and could do whatever he wanted to do as far as improving it, it would be a hundred times better. The work he did do on it was awesome, but seems like the rest of the dev team had a completely different vision with the game and they were looking to make it much more of an arcade style game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 12:08 AM   #26
MVP

Don’t despair! We still have a good dev. He is Skynet.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:50 AM   #27
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Don’t despair! We still have a good dev. He is Skynet.
There are tons of amazing devs on the team who I am incredibly proud to work with, they simply choose not to directly infect their lives with much of the vitriol public forums can produce. For most people, their love of the game and community isn't worth putting their mental health and time in front of the haters and people who are hell bent on complaining and misrepresenting their hard work.

Those of us who venture onto forums and twitch and reddit are not here for praise by any means, and we're not nearly so arrogant to think the game is perfect, but everyone's lives would be a heck of a lot better without all the ****-posting that happens here and elsewhere.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
There are tons of amazing devs on the team who I am incredibly proud to work with, they simply choose not to directly infect their lives with much of the vitriol public forums can produce. For most people, their love of the game and community isn't worth putting their mental health and time in front of the haters and people who are hell bent on complaining and misrepresenting their hard work.

Those of us who venture onto forums and twitch and reddit are not here for praise by any means, and we're not nearly so arrogant to think the game is perfect, but everyone's lives would be a heck of a lot better without all the ****-posting that happens here and elsewhere.
dude im sure you guys work hard but you have to understand we are paying full price for this when its just not up to standard with other games let alone the last game. we arent signaling out anyone but in the end we only have these forums to vent our anger out so devs can see our response. weather thats ea's fault or the budget idk what it is im not in the inner works like you, but you cant blame the internet and public when we buy your game and honestly dont like it. a good chef shouldnt be mad if his customer said the food is **** when he only has scraps to cook with. its nothing personal but it is inevitable when a game like this is released
Old 08-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Cardio, knockdowns, lack of power incounter striking and striking in general are all an issue.
Not to mention EVERY single exchange is rockem sockem robots.

This game also suffers from "your character moves backwards at mach 5 like he has eyes in the back of his head" syndrome lmao thought this was done away with in ufc 3 but apparently not.
Also miss me with that "they move the same speed" ish cause they don't. Lmao
Old 08-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsoreswine1994
dude im sure you guys work hard but you have to understand we are paying full price for this when its just not up to standard with other games let alone the last game. we arent signaling out anyone but in the end we only have these forums to vent our anger out so devs can see our response. weather thats ea's fault or the budget idk what it is im not in the inner works like you, but you cant blame the internet and public when we buy your game and honestly dont like it. a good chef shouldnt be mad if his customer said the food is **** when he only has scraps to cook with. its nothing personal but it is inevitable when a game like this is released
You dont have to pay full price for this game.

You dont have to pay anything at all.

You have all the information about this game before releaase through videos, blogs, player impressions and EA Access.

If you choose to buy a game that isnt "up to standard" after all that info...its your fault.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #31
Banned

Why does everything in this game feel like they have no impact? Strikes, GNP, etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Genuine question.

How do you know that a highly sim version of this game would "bore most casuals"... Considering it actually hasn't been done before?

Its not like there's a true MMA sim out there that failed miserably with massive amounts of the player base bored of it.

What can you point to as your evidence that casual players would absolutely be bored to death of a more realistic representation of this game?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Well everyone love NBA Jam and it sold really well so naturally everyone knew in advance that the NBA2K series would be an utter failure and lo and behold it is...

One of the most popular video game titles of all time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »