Home

Presentation of fighter select screen

This is a discussion on Presentation of fighter select screen within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Presentation of fighter select screen

So this isn’t a massive problem, but they went the mortal combat route for the fighter select screen in order to attract a more casual audience. And I’m okay with that. But they obviously took shortcuts as the images of each fighter look like they’re from the ps2 era. So when their target audience sees this they assume the graphics are trash.

The one thing I expect from an EA game are presentable menus and UI. So why haven’t we got it with this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Presentation of fighter select screen

There a top fighters (CAB also) dedicate menu, why no add a favorites fighters and "by style" menu ?!!
Old 08-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Presentation of fighter select screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeanisbae
So this isn’t a massive problem, but they went the mortal combat route for the fighter select screen in order to attract a more casual audience. And I’m okay with that. But they obviously took shortcuts as the images of each fighter look like they’re from the ps2 era. So when their target audience sees this they assume the graphics are trash.

The one thing I expect from an EA game are presentable menus and UI. So why haven’t we got it with this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not bashing EA but I’ve always found their UI to not be user friendly, and to favor looking good in a screenshot way over playing well. Maybe they got better with Madden last year but I haven’t liked their menus since probably Madden 25, or whichever started CCM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »