Home

Patch 2.01 now out on PS4

This is a discussion on Patch 2.01 now out on PS4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2020, 02:27 AM   #73
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch 2.01 now out on PS4

I’m not purchasing the game this year, but my buddy got the game so I went over there and we got a few player 1 vs player 2 fights in. After 10 hours of early access and another couple of hours tonight I really feel the takedown denial window needs to be increased just a bit. I haven’t stopped one takedown on pure reaction in the 12 plus hours I have played the game. My buddy couldn’t stop any either. Shoot, during early access the AI on hard never even stuffed one takedown on me. They are just to easy to get right now.

Right now the only way to actually stop a takedown is to sit on it and wait. I like that takedowns are hard, but the really good guys should be able to stuff at least a few based on reaction
Old 08-14-2020, 02:49 AM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
However, we don't much care for torches and pitchforks, so we're hoping to make it even better. Though I do not know precisely when. Sadly, my todo list doesn't have dates on it.
*Annoying kid from Shrek voice*
... Do the ragdoll

All jokes aside, we appreciate the effort Skynet. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:23 AM   #75
Rookie

Hey Skynet,

first of all I appreciate you answering questions here and interact with the community.

there are a lot of complaints about the fact that the roster is very small this time and it was recycled with old fighters. I personally have to say I am disappointed too. For me a current roster with the top 15 fighters would be a reason to buy it, even if there would not be many gameplay improvements.

Can you tell us if EA is planning to add more fighters to the roster with future updates than they might have done in the past? Unfortunately there are so many good fighters missing. In my opinion the Top 15 or at least top 10 guys should be in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 05:36 AM   #76
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I’m not purchasing the game this year, but my buddy got the game so I went over there and we got a few player 1 vs player 2 fights in. After 10 hours of early access and another couple of hours tonight I really feel the takedown denial window needs to be increased just a bit. I haven’t stopped one takedown on pure reaction in the 12 plus hours I have played the game. My buddy couldn’t stop any either. Shoot, during early access the AI on hard never even stuffed one takedown on me. They are just to easy to get right now.

Right now the only way to actually stop a takedown is to sit on it and wait. I like that takedowns are hard, but the really good guys should be able to stuff at least a few based on reaction
Normal takedowns are fine imo, power takedowns seem to be a little too strong tho.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:56 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Most developers likely don't know it's a thing, because they're busy in their little caves. Busy working on the many wonders yet to be seen by the outside world.

HOWEVER! Those in the know, know. And for the most part we agree that stamina is draining too slowly. Most of the game changers agree, more tax for the tax man! But we must be mindful not to overdo it, as different playstyles can in fact drain considerable amount of stamina against a similarly matched opponent.

One big thing most people probably don't recall or notice is that basic core strikes have a stamina floor, where throwing them at low stamina eventually falls off draining more. So you can throw a few hundred jabs without hitting 0, but you sure as heck couldn't spam a few hundred overhands.
Thanks Skynet for your replies .

I think every single person in here would agree what we want from ftf is referee interaction, no one likes the going limo from ground and pound. Can yous honestly provide a big amount of real life situations where that happens? If if you could where it has happened in a few situations, the ratio of refs diving in to stop it must be 100s:1

The game is far better than the beta, I'm playing it just now and I'm enjoying it. It's also better than UFC 3, so there is progress

Some things need changed but it's on the right path, I hope the same level of patches are kept up this time round as they kept improving the last game

More stamina tax
More danger from single shots, higher damage I suppose
Better ref interaction
Less KOs from GnP
Elbows and hammerfists from GnP ( why were they removed??)
Less of a lag between the celebration and emote celebration screens

Were definately on the right path, but these things above seem unanimous from all the feedback on here and Reddit
Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Gather around children, let me tell you a quick story...

A looong loong time ago, in the world of UFC 2, there were had ragdoll KOs. People loved em, even though they looked pretty screwy sometimes. Guys flipping over, guys bending in half, guys with ankles at all weird angles, guys pretending to be helicopters, the advent of the 'mummy guard' and "incredible flexibility of the bones, Joe"...good times. But once a guy was KO'd, you could never jump on top of him. If someone got knocked down, they'd always recover before you could drop a fist on their face. The people.... oh the people they were upset. The forums had their pitch forks out for this one...

So we made a bunch of technical changes and innovations that would allow us to get the two fighters to interact properly, without limbs exploding everywhere or clipping through each other. With one fighter's fist actually finding the other fighter's face. And we let people dive onto their near-deceased opponent to hasten them to the grave. Sadly, the cost of this was that the downed opponent would have to eventually assume one of a number of pre-determined positions so that animations would allow the two to interact. So we kept as much ragdoll as we could, for as long as we could, before transitioning slowly into one of said positions. A marvel of technology and science. And for this, the people praised us... "Finally! My fist of fury can pummel my defeated opponent for yet a few more brutal seconds!" they cried. "We're so grateful you listed to us!" they exclaimed...

And then, time passed. And the people forgot the greener grass they had been led to. And they demanded ragdolls "Like the good ol' days". "Why did you take this away from me?!" they asked. "How could the world have come to this..." they bemoaned. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW, THEY DAMN WELL ASKED FOR IT.

SO.

When are you getting a decent finish the fight, you ask? I'd say you've got one of the best ones ever created in a virtual simulation of MMA that's ever been done. I think that's pretty decent.

However, we don't much care for torches and pitchforks, so we're hoping to make it even better. Though I do not know precisely when. Sadly, my todo list doesn't have dates on it.
We're gonna be fighting against werewolves and snow golems in an underground fight arena but KOed fighters doing flips is where we're going to draw the line?? OK then. But seriously, most of those ragdolls actually looked pretty good honestly. Yes 30% looked pretty crazy but those other 70% were pretty sweet. Have a couple hundred on my hard drive still to this day. Give yourselves some credit where it due. For the record, I do like the kumite arena

Last edited by RollTideRoll0929; 08-14-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:

A looong loong time ago, in the world of UFC 2, there were had ragdoll KOs. People loved em, even though they looked pretty screwy sometimes. Guys flipping over, guys bending in half, guys with ankles at all weird angles, guys pretending to be helicopters, the advent of the 'mummy guard' and "incredible flexibility of the bones, Joe"...good times. But once a guy was KO'd, you could never jump on top of him. If someone got knocked down, they'd always recover before you could drop a fist on their face. The people.... oh the people they were upset. The forums had their pitch forks out for this one...

So we made a bunch of technical changes and innovations that would allow us to get the two fighters to interact properly, without limbs exploding everywhere or clipping through each other. With one fighter's fist actually finding the other fighter's face. And we let people dive onto their near-deceased opponent to hasten them to the grave. Sadly, the cost of this was that the downed opponent would have to eventually assume one of a number of pre-determined positions so that animations would allow the two to interact. So we kept as much ragdoll as we could, for as long as we could, before transitioning slowly into one of said positions. A marvel of technology and science. And for this, the people praised us... "Finally! My fist of fury can pummel my defeated opponent for yet a few more brutal seconds!" they cried. "We're so grateful you listed to us!" they exclaimed...

And then, time passed. And the people forgot the greener grass they had been led to. And they demanded ragdolls "Like the good ol' days". "Why did you take this away from me?!" they asked. "How could the world have come to this..." they bemoaned. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW, THEY DAMN WELL ASKED FOR IT.

SO.

When are you getting a decent finish the fight, you ask? I'd say you've got one of the best ones ever created in a virtual simulation of MMA that's ever been done. I think that's pretty decent.

You're talking about ragdoll KOs, I think he was referring to the TKO scenarios, especially in ground and pound situations, where the fighter would shell up until the referee stops the fight instead of going always limp even after blocking a jab

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #80
Rookie

slikkster's Arena

Quote:

SO.

This was glorious. This thread has kind of turned into an AMA thread for you skynet. Ever think of doing an official one?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »