Home

Jiu-Jitsu in UFC 4 is DEADLY

This is a discussion on Jiu-Jitsu in UFC 4 is DEADLY within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Jiu-Jitsu in UFC 4 is DEADLY

Such a refreshing feeling with all the ways you can take the fight to the ground now. BJJ guys are super fun at the moment because of all the sweeps they have. Pulling guard is cool as well. And oh yeah, there's some sweet submissions you can pull off if you're near the cage. Check the video to see what i mean

It's gonna be interesting once people learn the in's and out's of each position and the denials for them. So far, every position or transition i've seen can be denied pretty easily once you know the input. But if a BJJ guy actually gets their position, it can be tough to stop them. I'm just glad jiu-jitsu is a legit threat again in a UFC game.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 05:16 AM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Re: Jiu-Jitsu in UFC 4 is DEADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

Such a refreshing feeling with all the ways you can take the fight to the ground now. BJJ guys are super fun at the moment because of all the sweeps they have. Pulling guard is cool as well. And oh yeah, there's some sweet submissions you can pull off if you're near the cage. Check the video to see what i mean

It's gonna be interesting once people learn the in's and out's of each position and the denials for them. So far, every position or transition i've seen can be denied pretty easily once you know the input. But if a BJJ guy actually gets their position, it can be tough to stop them. I'm just glad jiu-jitsu is a legit threat again in a UFC game.
You've got a full copy too? How on earth

Yeah I enjoy the Bjj aspect too. Very well balanced in that wrestlers can take it there but also bjj guys are a legit threat off their back because submissions work.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lol 4th game and still a minigame for submissions
Old 08-09-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
Rookie

I felt this way for about an hour, then the novelty wore off, same old generic ea, I’m already bored of it, 8 hours left on the trial and I went ahead and deleted it
Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie

How do you do the back take front standing?

Then the backpack position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

I love this game so far, pulling guard and subbing ppl with korean zombie
Old 08-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #7
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Yeah I enjoy the Bjj aspect too. Very well balanced in that wrestlers can take it there but also bjj guys are a legit threat off their back because submissions work.
Yh i like this kind of submissions better. You actually feel like more of a threat now...especially with being able to pull guard too. Does anyone know how to counter GnP strikes into sub attempts though? Is it done with the head movement stuff now?
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh i like this kind of submissions better. You actually feel like more of a threat now...especially with being able to pull guard too. Does anyone know how to counter GnP strikes into sub attempts though? Is it done with the head movement stuff now?
Not sure, haven't seen any of those yet. But it may be possible if you have a big stamina advantage vs the dominant fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoBurrito
I felt this way for about an hour, then the novelty wore off, same old generic ea, I’m already bored of it, 8 hours left on the trial and I went ahead and deleted it
For me its less about the animations and more about the context of Jiu Jitsu being an actual threat. Just like Door said, wrestlers can easily take the fight to the ground but you have a lot of jiujitsu tools to counter now when it goes to the mat. And you can also use your opponent's positioning against them to finish the fight, and that's what jiujitsu is.

Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Clinch fighting, wrestling/GnP, Jiujitsu are all dangerous in game and it feels like a real MMA fight now. Damage in the standup could be buffed a tiny bit IMO and then you can truly finish the fight at any time.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 08-09-2020 at 07:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »