Home

A new challenger approaches!

This is a discussion on A new challenger approaches! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: A new challenger approaches!

Nice. Good to have another dev here. Best of luck.

I hope you can return damage to strikes from your back against the cage. They dont rock anymore and it seems the same with sub single collar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #26
Rookie

2 of the things that I want for this game, I doubt that that bothers anyone, because it is in the section of the creation CAF, I am a fan of the creation of characters, and not being able to have the freedom to edit the statistics of My created fighters is a very big annoyance for me, since I can understand that there will be people who are very good with archetypes and thus quickly create a fighter without wasting much time on it, but others prefer to have all the freedom to edit all of our fighters, and with this UFC 4 it is very complicated for us.

On the other hand and continuing with the theme of the creation of characters, another of my great requests for this game is the increase of space to save my creation CAF, only 22 is very little, when other games such as AO tennis you can create More than 800 tennis players, here only 22 fighters, that only gives 2 fighters per weight category that come into the game.

Of course, apart from the creation section that I like so much, I would also dream that the game will have injuries, that a sport as hard as this does not have injuries is unrealistic, returning with AO tennis 2, a tennis game also counts with injuries, and so on many more things, such as being able to choose the pants of my fighters, being able to see the result of the judges at the end of a fight, being able to finish a fight in a draw ... and many other things, because I want to enjoy this game as much as possible and everything that can be improved would be fantastic.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #27
Pro

New GnP hrm? Well then I’m curious, is there some way to sort of combined UFC 3 and 4s together? What I mean is, the flow on 3 and ability to mix up and pick your shots on reaction, as well as to block. From what I’ve currently experienced with 4s GNP, is there is a delay from when you strike to when the animation starts, so you have to essentially spam the strikes you want hoping you don’t get postured down/reversed.. whereas for the sub, it feels like you have to hope you guess right for what’s coming next.

It also feels like there’s not much of a sense of impact on the strikes, and posturing up seems to be slightly too easy/shorter deny window this time around. Thoughts? Oh one last thing, is there a certain time frame for when transitions are available? I’ve noticed the ability of full guard postured doom I can go to half guard, but it either leaves a few seconds afterwards or isn’t there to start with...
Old 08-14-2020, 06:10 PM   #28
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Glad to have you here Tap! Really enjoying the game so far. Just a few tweaks away from greatness. I believe you guys can achieve it!
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #29
Rookie

Now that I have spent time with it I love the new sub and ground and pound mechanics.....However. I am a BJJ Brown Pelt under Team Pedro Sauer and I would love to have simple subs make a return as I enjoy watching the animations play out as they are superb
Old 08-14-2020, 06:13 PM   #30
Rookie

Hello my man. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. It really is such a breath of fresh air that your Devs are on here communicating. Better than I've ever had for any game.

If you are responsible in part for ground and pound, I have 2 simple questions that hopefully youl be able to shed some light on

1 - why have elbows and hammer strikes been removed, and are the planned/possible to being back?
2- why does the new GnP perform like a queue system? It has a lot of potential, but it doesn't respond like a live system, there is major delay. You need to line up all your shots immediately or they don't come out. Is this intentional, and if not, how did it get through testing, and will it be changed?

Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:38 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
I am also a gameplay engineer on the team. I am the one responsible for the original UFC 1 submission game as well as the tweaks and improvements made in 2 and 3. I handed that responsibility off in the current iteration as I felt it would be best served to have fresh eyes for a fresh start. This time around my primary contributions were to the changes in the grappling system to make it more accessible for new players and casuals while leaving the existing systems in place for those who loved them and as one of the engineers working on the new Ground and Pound system.

Damn... I hate the new subs, thought the gates offered a real strategy and battle. Honestly gratifying to get subs with the old system and there was a sense of struggle within the sub game. Could have been further improved on too. I guess, RIP. As far as the ground, serving 2 player control bases with Assisted and Legacy seems to have limited the possibilities on the ground. I think you should eliminate Hybrid, move Legacy to LS from RS and have some sort of uniformity across the different gameplay systems. This would at least easily open up transitions and head movement simultaneously on the ground similar to stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #32
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
New GnP hrm? Well then I’m curious, is there some way to sort of combined UFC 3 and 4s together? What I mean is, the flow on 3 and ability to mix up and pick your shots on reaction, as well as to block. From what I’ve currently experienced with 4s GNP, is there is a delay from when you strike to when the animation starts, so you have to essentially spam the strikes you want hoping you don’t get postured down/reversed.. whereas for the sub, it feels like you have to hope you guess right for what’s coming next.

It also feels like there’s not much of a sense of impact on the strikes, and posturing up seems to be slightly too easy/shorter deny window this time around. Thoughts? Oh one last thing, is there a certain time frame for when transitions are available? I’ve noticed the ability of full guard postured doom I can go to half guard, but it either leaves a few seconds afterwards or isn’t there to start with...
Great questions. With the GnP in UFC 4 we are trying to capture the severity of the situation. We want the players to have that "It's on now!" moment when going to GnP which is why we have them shift into very offensive and defensive roles when the moment starts. We have struggled a lot with having animations which are both fluid and reactive in the grapple game as we have two players whose moment to moment actions don't always align and we need to constantly bring their respective animations into alignment. What you are playing is the best balance we have been able to strike to this point but we are constantly trying to refine it.

With regards to your questions about the transitions. When the moment starts the Dominant fighter is able to do some transitions immediately while the submissive fighter must wait for a small amount of time before they can transition, the dominant fighter can extend that time by being active in the position and landing strikes. This timing is indicated by the same HUD element which is used to indicate advantage in the grapple game, when it moves into the subs color the sub is able to transition.

For the Dom to initiate a transition he has to hold RB, this was to prevent accidental inputs from forcing players out of GnP when they didn't want. If the sub is holding RT when his transitions become available he will automatically do the base pull down transition, this was to allow casuals a way out even if they just turtle during the GnP moment. Holding RB opens up their full suite of transitions.

Also note that not all fighters have all the transitions and some are contextual. Submissions for example require that you get a stun event on your opponent in order to apply them, this was because we didn't want people using GnP transitions as a cheezy way to get to subs, if you go to GnP you better hit your opponent. Other transitions require a stamina or health advantage.

We did hear a lot of complaints about the accessibility of the GnP transitions in the Beta which is why I added the HUD in the earliest patch I hope it helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »