Home

Rate UFC 4

This is a discussion on Rate UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate UFC 4
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 4 5.00%
7 16 20.00%
6 19 23.75%
5 12 15.00%
4 10 12.50%
3 7 8.75%
2 5 6.25%
1 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #25
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rate UFC 4

only played the trial and voted 6 but should have given a 5.

i like the capped cafs for online, bored of fighting 100 overall nonsense, but the accessories in the ring is stupid and the non-mma areas in online is another turn off.

i'll pick it up when it's cheap but i'm sticking with 3 for now. 4 offers nothing that i can't live without.

if they had a pride mode though, i'd bite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 12:59 AM   #26
Rookie

I give it an 8 just because they finally gave us a fledgling career mode that should have been included with the first game.

That said, half the sport is still missing, TKOs, stoppages, ref interaction, realistic damage and stamina. Stop trying to make it games EA, just recreate the sport or step aside and let 2K take the wheel.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:39 AM   #27
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
I give it an 8 just because they finally gave us a fledgling career mode that should have been included with the first game.

That said, half the sport is still missing, TKOs, stoppages, ref interaction, realistic damage and stamina. Stop trying to make it games EA, just recreate the sport or step aside and let 2K take the wheel.
For me career mode was basically the same, only added a little story to the beginning of the career. It still got boring after you reached the UFC.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #28
Rookie

RikGra80's Arena

I gave a 1 only because zero is not an option, a joke of a game, this series needs to be put out of its misery, it won’t be missed
Old 08-28-2020, 02:28 AM   #29
Banned

so far 5, once they refined clinch and take down defense timing, have 6 or 6.5 potential.

Unfortunately by the time they picked this garbage physics engine and animation system to make UFC, it's automatically 3 pts off, you can't call it a functional game with input lag this massive, 4 games in a row, none of them even came close to solve this problem, most players won't enjoy it when your character literately don't follow your command, the only way to put up with it is to "get used to it"
Old 08-28-2020, 02:32 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinch Control
Well we are at a 4.91 average score now. Sad.
that's 1.41 higher than average user score on metacritc sadly.

Get UFC license and roaster will automatically sell your game no matter how garbage it is, once their game is judged based on quality alone, until then EA sports will learn a hard lesson.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedMetalArts
Look, I honestly was pissed about the direction they took with this iteration of the series but how anyone could objectively give a functional game a 1 out of 10 is beyond me. It works, you can get a couple hours of fun out if it, it has some different modes.

6 out of 10 for me as the removed features (and slew of new bugs/issues) have diminished my enjoyment compared to the previous games, which I would have given a 7-7.5. Anything lower than a 5 seems more like a protest vote and I just find that disingenuous.

The latest trend of 1/10 reviews for not liking the premise of a game or a single specific aspect of it seems counterintuitive to me. People are less likely to pay attention to your opinion if it doesn't seem like a fair and honest critique.
it isnt functional for us AUS/NZ players. i am STILL unable to play one match of ranked. the game is actually broken for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #32
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

My ratings:

UFC 1: 3.0

UFC 2: 4.5 (Launch); 6.0 (End Game)

UFC 3: 5.5 (Launch); 7.0 (End Game)

UFC 4: 7.0 (Launch): ??? (End Game) ... I expect it to be an 8.0 after end of patch cycle

The patch last week already made a big difference. Hoping this Ground n Pound patch also makes big strides.

So yea I"m an EA Sports Fanboy since the mid 90s but even I still admit this franchise has sucked for awhile LOL But i think it's almost there finally ...... !!!

But as someone said above...there is an inherent ceiling for this franchise just from the physics engine itself. We need a complete re-work of everything for next gen. So we'll have to go through all of this again. Hooray
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 08-28-2020 at 10:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »