Home

Reversing the standing back take (“backpack”)

This is a discussion on Reversing the standing back take (“backpack”) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Reversing the standing back take (“backpack”)

TL;DR
Haven’t played the game in a while. Yesterday I got my opponent in the backpack position, then they slammed me to the ground and rolled into my guard. Never saw this before. Have 2 questions:

1) Is this new from a patch, and if so, what else was added?

2) How do I do this? And can it be stopped?

So, I haven’t been able to play this game much due to a hectic work schedule, and I actually didn’t get to play at all last week. This is my first time in a while where I actually have a few days to just play all day.

So it’s possible I’ve just overlooked this, but I could swear this wasn’t in the game last time I played.

Basically, I jumped on my opponent’s back from the clinch near the cage today. As soon as I got his back, I pressed B to drag him down. But I guess my opponent beat me to it, because he slammed me down. Nothing unusual here... except once we hit the mat, he just turned into my guard.

Now, I actually really like this. There NEEDED to be more options for the defensive fighter from backpack.

But I have no clue what’s going on with it, and have a bunch of questions:

1. Is this a new thing from a patch? If so, was anything else added?

2. As the SUB fighter from backpack... how do I do it? Do I have to press the input before my opponent does? Is it limited to only certain fighters? Are there other moves I can do?

3. As the DOM from backpack... is there a way to stop them from rolling into my guard? Is there a way to prevent the slam altogether? If I press the input to drag them down BEFORE the press the reversal input, do I win that battle?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »