Home

Totally busted point system in Ranked?

This is a discussion on Totally busted point system in Ranked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Totally busted point system in Ranked?

I was division 7 once, lost a few fights and instantly shot down to d1 and now I barley get like 10-20 points a win. Most players I fight in d1 or d2 rage quit so it says DNF and I don't get those points at all even a day later. I haven't gotten any of the points for 10+ wins where my opponent quit.

I also (as a division 1) just beat a division 15... 15 divisions higher than me and I got like 30 points... I didn't even make it out of division 1 after that fight! How does that make any sense...

How are we supposed to progress when you get such tiny point additions even beating fighters 15x your division? When game first came out it wasn't this slow so something changed. Now as a d1 it's impossible to climb back up whether you're beating fighters 15x your level or same level you get the same tiny amount of points... how does that make sense?

Oh and even if you manage to grind your way back up the divisions, all it takes is losing like 3 fights and you're dropped like 5 divisions.

This system is so broken it's unbelievable. They already screwed ranked with this stupid 1 weight class an hour nonsense with zero skill based match making, and then to top it off, screwed it up even more by having a jacked up points system where you get the same amount of points for beating someone in your own division 1 as you do a guy 15 divisions above you and you get NO points in the fights where the other player quits.

You guys need to fix this game or I promise you it'll be dead within 6 months. Already you have millions and millions of people playing UFC 3 and only 500,000 or so playing UFC 4 (and I checked that a while ago I'm sure it's even less now). Fix your trash game or you'll have zero players left.

I'm tempted to go back to UFC 3 until they patch this piece of garbage. There is 10x the player base there anyway and it's a much much better game than this trash. So disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Totally busted point system in Ranked?

This really needs to be one of othe bullet points in the patch notes

I don't have fun fighting Div 1 guys when I'm Div 20 .... I'm REALLY sure those guys don't like fighting me ....

Should only be able to fight guys within 5 divisions of you, even if it takes another 20 seconds to matchmake. Totally worth it.

So if you are division 20 ... only Div 15+

If you are Div 15, you will fight anyone from 20 to 10

If you are Div 10, you will fight anyone 15 to 5

etc.

We also need transparency on how we earn points/etc....lower-rated fighters need to give lots of bonus points too please
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 09-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Totally busted point system in Ranked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
This really needs to be one of othe bullet points in the patch notes

I don't have fun fighting Div 1 guys when I'm Div 20 .... I'm REALLY sure those guys don't like fighting me ....

Should only be able to fight guys within 5 divisions of you, even if it takes another 20 seconds to matchmake. Totally worth it.

So if you are division 20 ... only Div 15+

If you are Div 15, you will fight anyone from 20 to 10

If you are Div 10, you will fight anyone 15 to 5

etc.

We also need transparency on how we earn points/etc....lower-rated fighters need to give lots of bonus points too please

Exactly. I mean this isn't hard... it just seems like they don't care about this game and never cared. I'm giving them until the next patch (whenever the hell that is gonna be they haven't said anything to us) to fix the main massive issues that the entire community is complaining about. After that, if it's still not fixed, I'm done with the game and so will probably most other people.

Sad thing is his game would be so easy to fix. They just don't care enough to do it. Bring back ranked from UFC 3 where you can choose your weight classes you want to fight in, only have players fight people within 3-4 divisions of their own, make the point system clear like you said, give more points for beating higher division players than you and more points for using the lesser skilled fighters.

If they just do that and that alone this game will improve 10 fold. Then if they actually want to keep the game alive, fix the overpowered clinch system by adding a clinch denial, decrease the power of the uppercuts across the board, and fix the stamina so hook spammers, clinch spammers, and takedown spammers take hits to their stamina.

Also fix the busted ground and pound where you get knocked down once after never even being rocked before and get immediately finished because you can't do anything.

All of those things are not hard to do... they just have to show they care and do it otherwise their playerbase (which is already super low like 10x lower than UFC 3) will dwindle to nothing and that'll be that.

I hope EA sells the rights to UFC so we can get an actual competent developer who gives a damn to make a proper MMA sim.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

There needs to be a balance - I'm happy to fight someone in div 5 if I've waited 2 min for a match up otherwise it should only be within 5 divs or so.

I'd also like 5 round fights from div 5 or something - I love 5 rounders but rarely have them.

I'd also like to see improvements to point loss/gains based on star rating of fighter used.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #5
Pro

There does seem to be something a tad off.

First off, when your opponent quits, you should NOT be oenalized by winning LESS points. Thats a no brainer. Like 30% of my opponents quit, so even though I’m 120-3, I’m #188 in the world. People with far worse records than me are top 100.

Secondly, it seems as though point loss is far too harsh, unduly, and without clarity as to WHY. I’ve lost HELLA points before for losing to higher rated opponents. I’m talking like 30-50 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

This is probably the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment. It simply isn't fun to play vs someone who is 7+ divs below you and get "rewarded" with like 2 points for winning.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Is there even a tentative date for a patch? Has EA or the dev's said literally anything about the state of the game, all the players consensus complaints, and plans to fix any of them? I haven't heard a peep from them.

Like Pryoxis said in his video, they should have never let Jeff go because apparently he was the one holding the ship afloat and without him there is just nobody there that gives a ****.

This game is going to be dead within 6 months. Calling it now.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

You need to join the Discord server .... I love OS but tbh that's where the breaking news is

tons of patch spoilers already that look to be on the right track ... will be out by end of this week IMO

https://discord.gg/ufc4

Nothing yet about improvements to Ranked System ... but I'm hoping by at least the NEXT patch they'll do something about it then we'll start Season 2 and things can really begin (Season 1 LB is trash lol)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »