Home

Skill Based Match Making Still Terrible

This is a discussion on Skill Based Match Making Still Terrible within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Skill Based Match Making Still Terrible

Wasn't one of the things they said in the patch is fix the matchmaking so you wouldn't have fights with people 10, 12, 15 division apart? Well... it didn't work.

Yesterday I was a div 5 and faced a div 16 and a div 15 (bunch of 11's and 12's scattered too)

But today takes the cake. As a division 7 I fought a division 20! The literal highest division you can get. So what exactly did you guys do in the patch for match making? Because it's terrible. I've had multiple of the reverse too where I'm div 7 or 8 fighting division 1's. These aren't freak occurrences either they happen all the time. Half my fights are with people 8+ divisions higher than I am or lower.

This terrible system is what leads to so much of the cheese. Because higher division guys have literally nothing to gain from fighting someone 10 divs lower than they are, or more. The bigger the divide the worse it is. They just have everything to lose.

Because the way the point system is if you lose to somebody significantly under your division say a D 16 vs a D5 or a D20 vs a D7... you'll lose so many points you'll drop like 3 divisions instantly off that one loss. So what happens? Well if they run into somebody competent who looks like actually could beat them, then they aren't gonna take the chance of loosing that fight and then dropping 3 divisions in point loss. So they use every cheese tactic and exploit under the sun to make sure they win. The clinch knee spam, (btw the free uppercut on the way out is also NOT fixed) the body shot spam, etc etc.

This match making system needs to be properly fixed. You shouldn't be fighting somebody more than 5 divisions above or below you. And fix the point system so if you do lose to a guy 4 or 5 div's below you, ya don't take such a massive hit on points. That will deter a lot of the cheese and spammy **** we see.

Is it that they're just not enough players online at a given time or what? I mean you guys wont show how many people are online anymore. Is your player base even big enough to do proper skill based match making like UFC 3?

If that's the issue, then I'd rather wait longer to get a match then be thrown to the wolves or have a sheep thrown to me, or have it just say "there's no matches right now in your bracket" and then you can even give the option for the player to search for matches outside his skill level, but then it's his choice when he runs into a div 17 at div 5.

Feels like you guys just don't care about this game at all. I mean so many little things easily fixed, forget about the deeper gameplay issues, and you just don't give a crap. That's starting to be how it looks at least.

End rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

Re: Skill Based Match Making Still Terrible

Im division 20 and every i mean everyday i face div 1-5 players.. sometimes in a row. It sucks, not fun at all and if i win i gain 1-2pts, sometimes 0. Whats the point of ranked if i don't get matched with ppl around my own rating.

Sucks for both parts i guess.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Skill Based Match Making Still Terrible

Remove division and add 5 round championship fights to all division

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »