Home

How do you jump on your opponent’s back from the clinch?

This is a discussion on How do you jump on your opponent’s back from the clinch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How do you jump on your opponent’s back from the clinch?

I’m talking about when you’re out in open space - away from the fence. The position where you’re standing behind your opponent with a body lock. You usually get there after a late single leg denial, or if your opponent stands up from backside.

I’m Not talking about when you’re against the fence. I already know the controller input to jump on their back from there.

But for some reason, when away from the cage, the same controller input just causes me to throw a punch and disengage.

I’ve had opponents do this to me, and I message them asking how they do it, but none are willing to help. Of course the game’s manuals are useless for more specific questions like this... So I actually have to make a thread on OS just to find out now lol. If anyone could tell me the controller input - I’d greatly appreciate it.

I haven’t been able to put a fraction of the time into this game as previous MMA games... so forgive me if this is an extremely basic question. Just don’t know who to ask! Any help would be great.

Oh and some bonus questions while I’m here:

1. From standing back clinch, Some takedowns are movement based. For example, moving backwards causes an eventual trip to back sitting, while moving forward eventually causes a stumble to back side. How is this defended? Must the defender push the LS in the opposite direction? Match the same direction with the LS? Simply hold LT+RT? Hold LT+RT WHILE pushing the LS a certain direction? Help me out w this one please.

2. From standing backpack, the sub fighter has the option to drop backwards, slamming DOM onto the ground and roll into the guard of DOM. I have a few questions about this:

A) first and foremost, how is this done by the SUB fighter? Is it just as simple as pressing a button? I think I know... just want to be 100%

B) How does priority work on this? If Dom presses “B” from backpack, they pull the Sub down to backsitting. But the Sub can also slam them down. If both press the button immediately, who gets the result?

C) is there a way for DOM to counter or defend this reversal?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Banned

Re: How do you jump on your opponent’s back from the clinch?

You can bail on a single leg and take the back the same way as bailing on a double to overunders.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:13 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryukenimmortal
You can bail on a single leg and take the back the same way as bailing on a double to overunders.
I didn't know this was thing , just found out last week.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
I've been trying to do this but I can't seem to pull it off what am I doing wrong ?

Old 10-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I've been trying to do this but I can't seem to pull it off what am I doing wrong ?

Shoot a single leg and hold R2 as soon as you touch them - pressing R2 earlier will cause you to cancel the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I thought this was removed.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Shoot a single leg and hold R2 as soon as you touch them - pressing R2 earlier will cause you to cancel the shot.
I can cancel the double leg into OU .

For the life of me I can't get the single leg / ankle pick cancel into back clinch.

I've tired and tried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »